*UN*Official 20 Years of Dreams Event Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously not a ton of stuff to make an entire event out of or anything, but thought it might be fun to organize getting a group picture with Mickey and Minnie in their celebration outfits!
I like the thought...My only question would be, how many people does Disney allow in the room?

Here's a shot of me at the Grand Canyon last year. Clearly, I will not be afraid of the gondolas.

EQI045Xl.jpg

I couldn't do that and get queasy just looking at your photo! But, we did the gondala/tramway at Sandia Peak in NM which went up to ~10,000 feet. It was pretty intimidating as we looked down hundreds of feet to a TWA plane crash from the 1950's; As such, I think we can manage the WDW gondolas.

Attachments

• Sandia.JPG
    Sandia.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 8
One more thought for something to do. The Lion King opens July 19th of next year. I have never been to the Disney Springs AMC before, but I have heard it is pretty cool place. Cool in more ways than one in the beginning of August. Lol! Not sure if anyone else may wat to go, but I’d be up for it, especially in the heat of the afternoon on a non-park day:)

One more thought for something to do. The Lion King opens July 19th of next year. I have never been to the Disney Springs AMC before, but I have heard it is pretty cool place. Cool in more ways than one in the beginning of August. Lol! Not sure if anyone else may wat to go, but I’d be up for it, especially in the heat of the afternoon on a non-park day:)
I would like this idea, but I'm sure I would have probably seen the Lion King movie 5-7 times before the event even begins. :D

Not a bad idea (though I have gone on record as having no interest in seeing this movie - but I know a bunch of others are) and there is talk of a meet up at Disney Springs for lunch, etc. as well - maybe could combine them (or like 2 separate, but coordinated, events)

Not a bad idea (though I have gone on record as having no interest in seeing this movie - but I know a bunch of others are) and there is talk of a meet up at Disney Springs for lunch, etc. as well - maybe could combine them (or like 2 separate, but coordinated, events)
I like the coordinated/separate Springs idea. Would make for a great day in an area with sooo much to see....and eat:)

*** UPDATE POST ****

Hi everyone!

First, wanted to wish everyone that celebrates a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and best of luck to all who have braved Black Friday shopping!!!!

Just wanted to provide a quick update as it has been a little while and there have been some changes/additions

First, as always, give a quick glance at your info in the first couple of posts and let me know if anything is wrong/needs to be updated

Second, as most of you likely know, at the Destination D event Disney announced that the Skyliner won't be open until Fall 2019 - so that means we cannot plan on the "Bucket Crawl" as an event. I have updated that event to be a "Bar Crawl" with several options below for what we could do - as we get closer we can take a poll as to what people want to do.

Third, there are a few new events added:
- World of Animation Nighttime Show Group Viewing: A new nighttime show will premier in 2019 at DHS - The World of Animation. Join fellow DISers as we view this new show in a group!
- Group Photo with Mickey and Minnie in their 90th Birthday Outfits: To celebrate Mickey's (and Minnie's 90th birthday) Mickey and Minnie will greet guests together inside Town Square Theater, wearing all-new, colorful outfits for their special celebration .... let's get a group together for a group photo!
- Go see the "Live Action" Lion King at the AMC at Disney Springs: note, this has been added as "part b" to the Lunch at Disney Springs event as the idea will be to coordinate day/times so people can to both, but people can elect to do only one of the two as well

Lastly - I believe it will be early February that people will be able to book ADRs (180 days out) so I will target the end of January for getting some basic planning done - really just the ones that will require booking ADRs (Hoop Dee Doo, etc.)

Thanks!

Lastly - I believe it will be early February that people will be able to book ADRs (180 days out) so I will target the end of January for getting some basic planning done - really just the ones that will require booking ADRs (Hoop Dee Doo, etc.)

I have a alert in my diary for when I can book ADRs.

although I’m still after a breakfast buddy on the 7th was thinking in MK then walking over to
The Contemporary for 10am registration.

But as you guys do your tickets differently (mines a hopper pass for the length on my trip so can go to any park any day) and peeps might not want to start there ticket then, I would consider breakfast round the monorail loop.

Basically I want food then registration as need to keep my strength up for all the fun lol

although I’m still after a breakfast buddy on the 7th was thinking in MK then walking over to

But as you guys do your tickets differently (mines a hopper pass for the length on my trip so can go to any park any day) and peeps might not want to start there ticket then, I would consider breakfast round the monorail loop.

Basically I want food then registration as need to keep my strength up for all the fun lol

We might be up for that - we don't have our days planned out yet - we get in on the 6th and will want to register as early as we can. We are staying at POP - so can head to MK and go from there. I would be interested in breakfast at the Plaza if it is still being offered

I can add this as an official event if you want - and do breakfast somewhere either in MK or around it and then go to registration as a group

Meet Up Ideas:

Bar Crawl:

Note: this was originally the Skyliner Bucket Crawl, but Disney has announced the official opening as "Fall 2019" so we can't expect to be able to ride it.

Option 1: Skyliner "Bucket Crawl" if open, to include a meal at Sebastien's Bistro at Caribbean Beach

Option 2: Monorail Crawl: Can also include a stop at Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge

Option 3: Disney Springs Crawl: Stopping at some of the best places for a drink at Disney Springs

Option 4: Boardwalk - including Abracadabar and Jelly Rolls

Option 5: Combination of the above, likely to end at the Boardwalk/Jelly Rolls

Interested:
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @Cousin Orville
- @disneyholic family (Beth - if she can conquer her fears) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani)
- @MaryKatesMom and her husband
- @k8Davies
- @dina444444
- @wnwardii
- @SG131
- @3cmom and husband and son (10)
- @gberg
- @WorldExplorer
- @javaman
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @skittles67 and her Husband
- @bartleyosu
- @thiabelle and her daughter
- @rchristiansen and husband
- @Sylver
- @wiihoo888 and her Husband
- @pSTANchio and wife

Pre-Party Meet-Up:
Either at Victoria Falls Lounge at animal Kingdom Lodge or Nomad Lounge in Animal Kingdom (or both depending on interest)

Interested:
- @Tiggerette
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @AMusicLifeForMe and his dad
- @Cousin Orville
- @Nanb and sister
- @k8Davies
- @bartleyosu
- @dina444444
- @disneyholic family (Beth) and daughter @Mickeymouseisking (Chani)
- @Ladyfish77 and husband and son (23)
- @wnwardii
- @SG131
- @gberg
- @isabellea
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @dkrauss and wife
- @WorldExplorer
- @Malia78
- @115belladonna
- @Gehrig1B and wife
- @Carma3 with sister (@ewrtomco) and mother
- @CynthiaC925
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @JLoinDisney and her Husband
- @rchristiansen and husband and daughter
- @Sylver

Trivia Contest
Potentially at the Beach Club where it was held in the past on Mon, Wed, and Fridays

Interested:
- @Ravens girl
- @disneyholic family and daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @afan
- @dina444444
- @wnwardii
- @NeuroCindy
- @Carma3 with sister (@ewrtomco) and mother
- @CynthiaC925
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @bartleyosu
- @afan

Yehaa Bob:
Catch Yehaa Bob Jackson as he rocks the Roost with his wacky piano playing and singing. His performances are typically Wednesday through Saturday at 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

Interested:
- @disneyholic family and daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @TheMaxRebo and his wife
- @k8Davies
- @Nanb and Melody
- @PrncessA and family
- @CynthiaC925
- @Ravens girl
- @Sylver
- @afan

Universal Day:
Coordinated trip over to the dark side to enjoy Harry Potter Land with other fans - targeting August 6th for this event. Reach out to @czechplz

Interested:
- @czechplz and 3 other adults
- @bartleyosu
- @sbenemerito (Shanda) husband and sons (16 and 13)
- @NeuroCindy
- @travelinjenn and husband (though don't arrive utnil the 7th)
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @thiabelle and her daughter
- @pSTANchio and his wife

Miniature Golf Tournament:
Come compete with other DISers in a game of skill, luck, and fun - hosted by @AMusicLifeForMe

Interested:
- @AMusicLifeForMe
- @SG131
- @3cmom and husband and son (10)
- @disneyholic family and her daughter @Mickeymouseisking
- @dina444444
- @k8Davies
- @Malia78
- @CynthiaC925
- @afan

A Disney Tour:
As a group, experience a behind the scenes tour that Disney offers. Possible tours include Keys to the Kingdom or the Up Close with Rhinos Tour

Interested:
- @dina444444
- @disneyholic family and @Mickeymouseisking
- @wnwardii
- @Nanb and Melody
- @sbenemerito husband and sons (16 and 13)
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @CynthiaC925
- @pSTANchio and his wife

Teen Meet-up:
Opportunity for teens that are coming to get away from the old folks and have fun with others their own age. @rchristiansen will lead the organization of this!

Interested:
- @rchristiansen's daughter Stephanie (16)
- @sbenemerito (Shanda)'s and sons AJ (16) and Dylan(13)

Hoop Dee Doo Review:
A hilarious, high-spirited hootenanny the whole family will enjoy, accompanied by a finger-lickin’ countrified feast.

Interested:
- @dina444444
- @SG131
- @wnwardii
- @k8Davies
- @PrncessA and family
- @WorldExplorer
- @115belladonna
- @Vernon Wolfe
- @CynthiaC925
- @AMusicLifeForMe and Dad
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @Ron from Michigan and wife
- @JLoinDisney
- @Ravens girl
- @Sylver
- @1Grumpy9

Kennedy Space Center Trip:
To see the Atlantis Exhibit - organized by @Vernon Wolfe

Interested:
- @Vernon Wolfe

Illuminations Viewing:
This fan favorite nighttime show at EPCOT will be going away, so join fellow DISers to say goodbye. Could include the formal EPCOT Dessert Party or a less formal get together

Interested:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @dina444444
- @TheMaxRebo and wife
- @Aerin75 and Roomie
- @gberg
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Sylver
- @1Grumpy9

Disney Springs: part a) Lunch .... part b) viewing of The Lion King at AMC Theaters:
Meet up in Disney Springs and join other DISers for lunch (likely either Homecomin' or Raglan Road). Additionally, a group will then go to the AMC Theater at Disney Springs to see the new "live action" Lion King movie

Date to be determined but might work nice on Saturday the 10th for mid-day activity before the party that night) - and the idea is for people to participate in either or both, but coordinate timing so people can attend both if interested

Interested in Lunch:
- @Ron from Michigan
- @Carma3 and @ewrtomco and their mom
- @Ravens girl (if at Raglan Road)
- @1Grumpy9

Interested in the Movie:
- @wiihoo888
- @AMusicLifeForMe

Garden Grill Solo Travelers Breakfast
Traveling solo and interested in doing a Character Meet but concerned about doing one by yourself? Then this is the event for you! Contact @afan if interested

Interested:
- @afan
- @Sylver
- @115belladonna (good for character or non; breakfast or dinner)
- @Ravens girl

World of Animation Night Time Show Viewing
A new nighttime show will premier in 2019 at DHS - The World of Animation. Join fellow DISers as we view this new show in a group!

Interested:
- @wiihoo888
- @Carma3, @ewrtomco and their mother

Group Photo with Mickey and Minnie in their 90th Birthday Outfits
To celebrate Mickey's (and Minnie's 90th birthday) Mickey and Minnie will greet guests together inside Town Square Theater, wearing all-new, colorful outfits for their special celebration .... let's get a group together for a group photo!

Interested:
- @disneyholic family
- @AMusicLifeForMe

Interested events that ....

Involve a bar/lounge:
- @k8Davies
- @bartleyosu
- @javaman
- @CynthiaC925

Do NOT involve a bar/lounge:

Dinner - either at one location or progressive:

Are good for Solo travelers:
- @Ravens girl
- @afan
- @mcnealrkn
- @k8Davies
- @bartleyosu
- @Malia78
- @gberg
- @WorldExplorer
- @javaman
- @CynthiaC925
- @Ravens girl
- @1Grumpy9
- @115belladonna

Are good for families:
- @PrncessA and family and friends

Take place in the morning/breakfast:
- @k8Davies - morning of the 7th / registration at Contemporary

Are outside of the Parks:

Are inside a Park:

- @afan

Two updates...staying now until the 12th and would like to be in the group photo. Thanks for updating and hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend:)

Breakfast because it's cheaper and because if I'm going to have a big meal in the summer heat I'd rather it be in the morning :)
Sounds good, I’d be interested too. My trip starts on the 3rd so i could make the reservation if need be.

Sounds good, I’d be interested too. My trip starts on the 3rd so i could make the reservation if need be.

That would be awesome since I don't check in until the 7th and am on the west coast so I don't look forward to the early wake up call :)

I'm looking forward to it. I had made an adr for just myself for this past trip but the week of decided against it after walking by on the way to living with the land. I just knew it would be too hard to do pics because I can't take a selfie for anything and it'd be hard making friends there. When my friend was there we did Tusker House but for some reason she can take pics with her phone but not a simple point and shoot camera and 3 of the 4 pics are blurry since she only took one. I guess I should have had her use her phone instead. But I did a bunch of meets once I was solo though we did a bunch together too.

We might be up for that as well, but before committing I just want to try to figure out our schedule because we’re coming in for such a short trip and we’re rope drop kind of people I want to make sure it works with our schedule to make that morning more relaxed. :dogdance: I guess it depends on wether we we decide to go to registration right when it opens or not. Anyways, breakfast at the Plaza sounds great!

Some of us on the facebook page were looking at doing a Homecomin' lunch on the 10th.

Please add me, one for now, to the DS lunch/movie interest bullet. Thanks. I definitely plan to attend the Dis Unplugged live show (hoping it will happen).

*** UPDATE POST ****

Hi everyone!

First, wanted to wish everyone that celebrates a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and best of luck to all who have braved Black Friday shopping!!!!

Just wanted to provide a quick update as it has been a little while and there have been some changes/additions

First, as always, give a quick glance at your info in the first couple of posts and let me know if anything is wrong/needs to be updated

Second, as most of you likely know, at the Destination D event Disney announced that the Skyliner won't be open until Fall 2019 - so that means we cannot plan on the "Bucket Crawl" as an event. I have updated that event to be a "Bar Crawl" with several options below for what we could do - as we get closer we can take a poll as to what people want to do.

Third, there are a few new events added:
- World of Animation Nighttime Show Group Viewing: A new nighttime show will premier in 2019 at DHS - The World of Animation. Join fellow DISers as we view this new show in a group!
- Group Photo with Mickey and Minnie in their 90th Birthday Outfits: To celebrate Mickey's (and Minnie's 90th birthday) Mickey and Minnie will greet guests together inside Town Square Theater, wearing all-new, colorful outfits for their special celebration .... let's get a group together for a group photo!
- Go see the "Live Action" Lion King at the AMC at Disney Springs: note, this has been added as "part b" to the Lunch at Disney Springs event as the idea will be to coordinate day/times so people can to both, but people can elect to do only one of the two as well

Thanks!

Along with my sister Carma3 and our mother we are interested in the World of Animation Nighttime Show Group Viewing and the "Live Action" Lion King.

Ok, not going to get confirmation on whether or not we can go til Dec 18th. Fingers crossed that the party doesn't sell out before then. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter