• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Umbrella stroller for 5 yr old

PLUTO2

Mouseketeer
Are there any umbrella strollers that are made for a 5 yr old who is about 47 lbs? While checking at Toys r Us they stated the weight limit up to 40 lbs. I know I can rent one at the parks (WDW sent me an e-mail strollers are made for 60lbs or less) I was thinking about the airport and from the bus to the hotel etc...

I can't imagine that an umbrella stroller is going to be too comfortable fora 5 yr old. Our 4 yr old is only 34lbs. and he can't get in it at all. i have seen at k-mart a stroller just a little bigger than an umbrella for $25.00- on sale once for 19.99. i think that might be a better choice. Good luck

Thanks 3kidsdisney. Did that stroller at K-Mart seem like something that would be easy to open, close, and not take up too much room? Do you know what company the stroller was made by?

Sorry, I don't know what type it was but it was bigger than an umbrella and still looked light enough to fold easily. We plan on getting itfor our 4 yr old. His is too big to take. We also have a double stroller to take-twins 22 months. i am sure they will both fit in our van so it should not be too heavy. Good luck

June 1998, our dd was 4.5 years old and TALL! Not a heavy kid, but very TALL! We went to the Walmart is Kissimmee and bought a regular umbrella stroller for her. It was great! She was comfortable enough during the loooooong walks, she walked on her own for short walks. We bought it for $13, that's about two days WDW stroller rental. In 2001, dd was 7.5 years old and we rented strollers at WDW just about every day. It cost $$$$$, 7 park days. She was very comfortable in them as well. They look so uncomfortable, but it beats walking. April 2002, 8.5 years old, she walked on her own and did GREAT! BTW, we still have the 1998 stroller! S

... for just a few days. By Pliko, I mean a Peg Perego Pliko-matic.
It is a full-featured umbrella stroller, and it's rated for 90 lbs.
Unfortunately, it retails for around $200 new, and it's almost unheard-of to find them on the used market. This is a Pliko:
http://www.dmart2000.com/plikmatfor20.html

Have you thought about getting a Seat-2-Go, maybe? If you are already schlepping around a double stroller, this might do for the times the older child needs a break, without taking an additional stroller. Here's a link:
http://www.dmart2000.com/seat2goatstr.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter