• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Umbrella on Scooter

serenitynow

DIS Veteran
Reserved a ECV (scooter) from Care Medical. They no longer have the canopy covers because they didn't hold up in the Florida wind and rains. The Care Medical rep suggested hooking up a golf umbrella to the back of the ECV for shade.

Has anyone out there ever done this? And how? With a man's belt or something???

Thank you all for your great advice! :moped:

I would think that this would not be particullarly safe to do. The umbrella would be at the level of people's eyes and could potentially poke someone accidentally in the eye. I would strongly suggest that it not be done. The canopies were safe, an umbrella would not be.

I agree with Talking Hands.
If the things that were made for scooter sunshades didn't hold up, I wouldn't try to rig up something.

But with an umbrella, you could put it down or take it off in bad winds, which they couldn't do with the canopy. I think they recommended a golf umbrella because the shaft is so much taller than a regular umbrella, allowing the umbrella to be set up higher, out of others eye level

BUt they are also so much wider. ONe idea that might work is to go to Bed Bath and Beyond, they have a shade canapy that is designed for the back of folding beach chairs but it also happens to fit the back of DW wc. so it might work on a scooter. I think they are only 10 bucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter