UK-US travel, 2021/2022

We are due to fly in 7 weeks time so I was checking the rules. We are flying with TUI and it says key in your booking reference to come up with list of test providers so I did that and all of them are self test antigens but none require a video link so they can check it is you thats doing the test - some sites including Virgin say thats what you need. So getting confused can you buy a regular LFT (antigen) and do it yourself and upload the result or does it have to be a video link one?

It has to be a video link or an in person test at any testing centre.

We used Randox at Manchester Airport T2, can`t fault them, results in 20 minutes. We were over an hour early for our appointments, but they took us as the place was almost deserted.

Yaay! Great news. I've had a cold this week, been testing myself every day hoping it might be Covid so I wouldn't need a test in July.

Can really look forward to our trip now thinking nothing should stop us going this year.

What's that I hear...trains strikes ramping up.

(Goes off to check rail strike dates to see if they clash with our train journey south......)

So ... Now Americans can travel abroad more freely, will we see Disney being less busy?

Well, it's a nice idea :bitelip:

maybe, I wonder how many will cancel Disney parks and do a last minute booking on an European or Alaska cruise they originally wanted to do? Theres going to be lots of travel companies offering last minute deals, I just saw a tweet from Aer Lingus announcing a flash sale on Sunday.

Has this been officially announced yet? I've seen reports that it's imminent, but I haven't seen anything official.

Can't tell you how relieved we are. 30 Days until our trip and the idea that one of us could test positive 24 hours before we go and the whole trip would be cancelled was seriously messing with my head!!

16 nights at Rosen Shingle Creek (with a 1 night booking still to be made at one of the 3 Universal resorts for 2 days Unlimited Express Pass for the 4 of us - now seems a lot more likely!

NB proof of vaccination is still required. Anyone know how to get proof for fully vaccinated child? Can see we can download ours in NHS app.
Per the CDC website, children under 18 don't need proof of vaccination.

I'm in the camp of being over THE MOON. Travel 3 weeks today and can finally start looking forward to it!

Our flights have already updated and now will allow us to upload vaccination certificates 72 hours before flights instead of after tests. Hopefully make online check in easier

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/international-travel/index.html

NB proof of vaccination is still required. Anyone know how to get proof for fully vaccinated child? Can see we can download ours in NHS app.
While you don’t have to have proof you can get a vaccination certificate for under 18s on the app. Below where you can “update certificate “ you should see a link to click on to get a “dependant certificate”. Very quick and easy and you can then either keep on your app or you can also download and print out to have paper copy

I wish this was a permenant change but the 90 day review period is annoying as I fly in 105! Lets just hope they don't push this back on us after 90 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter