UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson now in intensive care unit

Just saw this on Sky. If this doesn’t make the British public take this seriously, I don’t know what will.

We were already taking it seriously, thank you

ford family

I am proud at how we as a nation have really rallied together to support eachother, and the NHS, as scary as it is. In my area, people are taking the whole thing very seriously and so much is being done to help those in need.

That said, after seeing photos and videos of people in London congregating in parks over the weekend, hopefully this awful news will shock the few who chose not to listen into self isolation.

There is an outpouring of sympathy for Carrie, Boris’ heavily pregnant fiancé, who was his mistress until quite recently, but I wonder, in this situation, what emotions Marina Wheeler, his wife of 27 years, (decree nisi only last month) is feeling. It must be a very difficult time for all Boris’ family, past, present and perhaps unknown.
I have often seen ex spouses struggle emotionally when their former partners become seriously ill or pass away. The human heart isn’t terribly ‘black and white’, particularly when the anger of divorce/breakups has subsided.

There is an outpouring of sympathy for Carrie, Boris’ heavily pregnant fiancé, who was his mistress until quite recently, but I wonder, in this situation, what emotions Marina Wheeler, his wife of 27 years, (decree nisi only last month) is feeling. It must be a very difficult time for all Boris’ family, past, present and perhaps unknown.
I have often seen ex spouses struggle emotionally when their former partners become seriously ill or pass away. The human heart isn’t terribly ‘black and white’, particularly when the anger of divorce/breakups has subsided.
He has had a rather messy personal life so perhaps the current and former wives, as well as his former mistress(s) ( I can't keep up, LOL) are just content to live w/o all the drama. Hopefully, the 3 or 4 mothers of his many children will find it in their hearts and minds to keep silent for at least their childrens' sakes. On a personal level the kids can figure out for themselves who their parents are when adults.

Just saw this on Sky. If this doesn’t make the British public take this seriously, I don’t know what will.

I'm British and and the majority of us are taking it seriously. I'm on furlough and not being able to go to work is soul destroying. Unfortunately there are idiots in all countries, even America. And at least the whole of the UK is on lockdown, not just parts of it.

I'm British and and the majority of us are taking it seriously. I'm on furlough and not being able to go to work is soul destroying. Unfortunately there are idiots in all countries, even America. And at least the whole of the UK is on lockdown, not just parts of it.

We have plenty of folks here in the US not taking it seriously. Some still believe it’s a conspiracy theory.

We have plenty of folks here in the US not taking it seriously. Some still believe it’s a conspiracy theory.

I had a heated argument with a man today who was like "millions of people die every year from smoking, but they're still selling cigarettes". I had to explain to the ignorant gentleman that smokers have a choice; you can't choose to catch COVID-19. Plus tell that to the people who have lost loved ones, just because they were doing their job.
The ignorance of some UK people is staggering 🙄

They don't admit people to ICU as a precaution, especially given the current circumstances where ICU beds are precious. However looks like he is holding is own and is stable 👍
All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal.

People have complained because some political leaders such as mayors have gotten tested when it's hard to get tested. I think they should get tested first because it affects everyone if our political leaders can't safely perform their duties.

their duties are also likely to require exposure to others making it important that we know they are safe.

athletes and celebrities being tested first I have a problem with. elected leaders not so much

I had a heated argument with a man today who was like "millions of people die every year from smoking, but they're still selling cigarettes". I had to explain to the ignorant gentleman that smokers have a choice; you can't choose to catch COVID-19. Plus tell that to the people who have lost loved ones, just because they were doing their job.
The ignorance of some UK people is staggering 🙄

I get what you are saying. But there are more parallels in smoking and this virus. The American Lung Association reports that between 1964 and 2014, 2.5 million people in the U.S. died from secondhand smoke. They didn’t ask for it. They were exposed, often through no choice or fault of their own. Many of them were just doing their jobs (servers, bartenders, flight attendants, etc.). It infuriates me when my kids are in a place where they have to be exposed to the smoke of others- even just having to walk by them in the street (or a pathway at a resort at Disney). So I understand how people get angry about those who are choosing not to stay at home.

It is not easy to balance the free choice of some with the harm those choices cause to others. How much can we legally limit behavior that causes harm to others? This comes up with smoking, alcohol, and social-distancing (and a number of other things). These are very tricky issues. Many cultures have decided that with this virus, we should err on the side of those to whom the harm is being done. But with other issues, laws tend to favor freedom. There is a lot to think about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter