• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDDC1972

Earning My Ears
Hi guys!
Soooo since purchasing DVC several months ago on a visit we have to come to realise things were not as we were told. Which is annoying and sad as I though the DVC member could be trusted and help with questions and it looks like DVC now could be a burden rather than a blessing! :’(

can anyone offer advice on booking as it’s my first time? We were told in our consultant we could book however long we wanted to what our point allow... Ive seen only you can only book 7 days? We would like to go for 2-3 weeks at a time how can we book this?
Do we book the week and then risk not be able to book additional weeks? If we can book additional days what happens if for example they have nowhere for us to stay on Day 10 & 11 what would happen there I’m guessing find a motel outside of Disney for those days?! It seem a lot of hassle and we weren’t aware of this! Nor the nasty surprise of dues within a month of signing up, we were told it would be a whole year that was a nightmare and a half!
Any advice for a UK first timer would be appreciated :) thank you

Hi guys!
Soooo since purchasing DVC several months ago on a visit we have to come to realise things were not as we were told. Which is annoying and sad as I though the DVC member could be trusted and help with questions and it looks like DVC now could be a burden rather than a blessing! :’(

can anyone offer advice on booking as it’s my first time? We were told in our consultant we could book however long we wanted to what our point allow... Ive seen only you can only book 7 days? We would like to go for 2-3 weeks at a time how can we book this?
Do we book the week and then risk not be able to book additional weeks? If we can book additional days what happens if for example they have nowhere for us to stay on Day 10 & 11 what would happen there I’m guessing find a motel outside of Disney for those days?! It seem a lot of hassle and we weren’t aware of this! Nor the nasty surprise of dues within a month of signing up, we were told it would be a whole year that was a nightmare and a half!
You can book your home resort at 11 months before arrival, for a maximum of 7 nights (to start). You can continue adding on one night at a time, day by day, until you have your 2-3 week stay or you can wait until 11 months prior to night #7 to add on 6 more nights. The good news is that no one else can book the 8th-21st nights as long as you have the first 7 and you continue to add additional nights before the 11-month window opens for night #8-21.

Confusing? Yes, it is!

As an example:
  • Today is April 14th. You can book your home resort today for a 7-night stay that goes from 3/14-3/21.
  • You could modify that reservation tomorrow to go from 3/14-3/22. And you could modify every day to add on one more night...
  • OR...You could wait until April 20th and then modify the reservation to 3/14-3/27. Repeat as needed until you have your entire trip booked.

Last edited:
**** Welcome ****

Your guide can assist you with your first booking and may be able to get you a room that seems to be unavailable.

The 11 month rule simply prohibits you from ever having a departure date from WDW that is more than 11 months plus 7 days from the time you go online or call to make a reservation. You can reserve two weeks by either reserving 7 nights at 11-months out and then adding nights daily via modification until you have two-weeks, or you could just wait until a week past your 11-month window and book the whole trip at once.

You could modify that reservation tomorrow to go from 3/15-3/22. And you could modify every day to add on one more night...

typo: should read 3/14-3/22

Hi guys!

I tend to book 7 days at a time. I book the first 7 days then about 6 day later I add as many days as I can then do the same another 6 days or so later. No need to add 1 day at a time at 11 months.

Also worth mentioning is that if you book 2-3 weeks as a single stay by modifying and adding nights, you won't be able to switch at 7 months until all 14 or 21 days have passed. So you may want to book in segments if you have any hopes/dreams of switching out the stay for multiple resorts.

Hi guys!

Hi :). We're also in the UK and this was really confusing for us too at first. For what its worth, we have had no issues with booking 7 days and then booking 7 more days a week later to take our total trip to 14 days. It was really simple to do and not as complicated as it sounds, hopefully that reassures you.

Also worth mentioning is that if you book 2-3 weeks as a single stay by modifying and adding nights, you won't be able to switch at 7 months until all 14 or 21 days have passed. So you may want to book in segments if you have any hopes/dreams of switching out the stay for multiple resorts.

This is a really good point too. Technically, we make our second 7 nights a separate booking and try and change these to somewhere else at the 7 month window.

I am led to believe we could make say 4 of those 7 nights at a different resort if the whole 7 nights isn't available, but to do this, I believe we would have to do it over the phone. This basically means that you may have 10 nights at your home resort and 4 at a different one, should that be something you'd be interested in doing.

I am led to believe we could make say 4 of those 7 nights at a different resort if the whole 7 nights isn't available, but to do this, I believe we would have to do it over the phone. This basically means that you may have 10 nights at your home resort and 4 at a different one, should that be something you'd be interested in doing.
Not easily. You would have to modify the 7 down to 3 and then book the 4 separately. I don't think even MS can do this in one transaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter