UK and EU ticket question

Morganw42

The Doctor
Hi all, I am a US citizen and full time Swiss resident since 2014. I'm wondering what everybody's experience with the 7 and 14 UK and EU tickets has been. When/how do they check your residency status? I have a US passport and a Swiss Residency card. Do they check at the gates every use or is it a one time deal? The wording on the tix says that they're for UK and EU residents only, I'm wondering if anybody at WDW is going to be a stickler for technicalities and/or knows that Switzerland is not part of the EU and will invalidate out use. Any Thoughts?

I buy these tickets as a part of a room/ticket package and never had any issues though I'm guessing that's because my address (UK) is listed on the reservation and also where they send the tickets. They are simply added to my magicband like any ticket. I'd think if they allow you to purchase the ticket at your Swiss address you'd be fine. Presumably they wont sell you a ticket you're not entitled to buy. Hopefully someone else will be able to advise you further :goodvibes

I buy these tickets as a part of a room/ticket package and never had any issues though I'm guessing that's because my address (UK) is listed on the reservation and also where they send the tickets. They are simply added to my magicband like any ticket. I'd think if they allow you to purchase the ticket at your Swiss address you'd be fine. Presumably they wont sell you a ticket you're not entitled to buy. Hopefully someone else will be able to advise you further :goodvibes
I absolutely agree. If they allow you to purchase the tickets by using your Swiss address you should be fine. No one ever checked my residency status at the gates.

Ok, now I've got a new worry after going down the rabbit hole on another thread. In that thread, from last year, there were claims that the 7 and 14 day uk tickets will not be valid from Sept-Dec of 2021. We are going to be there from 28 Nov. to 04 Dec 2021. Does anyone know anything about this?

Ok, now I've got a new worry after going down the rabbit hole on another thread. In that thread, from last year, there were claims that the 7 and 14 day uk tickets will not be valid from Sept-Dec of 2021. We are going to be there from 28 Nov. to 04 Dec 2021. Does anyone know anything about this?
There are now two 14-day tickets, one for pre late September and on for the final three months that are a few £ dearer. But they are now available. Make sure you get some sort of Covid cover as it’s highly unlikely Europeans/Brits will be allowed there this year.

EDIT: just re read, you’re a US citizen so obviously you’ll be able to get to the states.

Drats! Foiled again. I tried to purchase the 7 day ultimate ticket and the drop down for the billing address doesn't include Switzerland. Boooo!

Hi all, I am a US citizen and full time Swiss resident since 2014. I'm wondering what everybody's experience with the 7 and 14 UK and EU tickets has been. When/how do they check your residency status? I have a US passport and a Swiss Residency card. Do they check at the gates every use or is it a one time deal? The wording on the tix says that they're for UK and EU residents only, I'm wondering if anybody at WDW is going to be a stickler for technicalities and/or knows that Switzerland is not part of the EU and will invalidate out use. Any Thoughts?

I can't se how you would be able to buy them as Switzerland isn't an EU member state.

Not where exactly you live nor your level of comfort with cheating, but I live on the Swiss/France border (like 200m from it) and have (not for Disney but other times when I needed an EU billing address (because some places won't ship to/deal with Switzerland)), used a friend's French address and just transferred them money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter