Uhm....Bahamas is now requiring vaccinations for all passengers over 12..

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be clear it would be kids just turning 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17.

They could have already been vaccinated while a child just turning 12 had zero options for vaccination until they turn 12.

Additionally that small percentage of ship group could be vaccinated by early October if they went today.

As pointed out they could do a one off to specific families if needed for customer recovery just not a published policy.

Y
Leaving the unvax on board is not permitted with the Bahamian regulation. You cannot port with unvaccinated passengers over age 12.
Yikes… just when all these cruise lines were being able to start over again…. I don’t know how quickly they could adjust where they cruise to or else these are going to be cruises to nowhere

Y
Leaving the unvax on board is not permitted with the Bahamian regulation. You cannot port with unvaccinated passengers over age 12.
Yikes… just when all these cruise lines were being able to start over again…. I don’t know how quickly they could adjust where they cruise to or else these are going to be cruises to nowhere
La

Laundry room door was open. Didn’t go any further to investigate.
i am on the 4 night today…. I did a back to back so the only thing opened for us is Cove Cafe for food and drinks… as soon as they start boarding I’ll go investigate!

So either Inspire knows absolutely nothing yet about Disney's plan, or they've been instructed to keep any information on a need to know basis. I emailed them again specifically around the Bahamas rule. Instead of a pre-canned form response this is what I got:

"We have received no updates or information about changes to the current procedure for pre-sail or embarkation. I would suggest calling Disney Cruise line to inquire about itinerary changes."

Y

All cruises leaving from the US (with the exception of Alaska for this year) must stop at a foreign port. So a cruise to nowhere is not legal. It has to go somewhere.

Also - all the other major cruise lines have adjusted. DCL is the last holdout.

Y

i am on the 4 night today…. I did a back to back so the only thing opened for us is Cove Cafe for food and drinks… as soon as they start boarding I’ll go investigate!

I am also on the 4 night. Sitting on deck 13. Just enjoying being on the quiet ship!

I'm not as prolific a poster as I once was. ;)

I have DCL cruise #21 booked on the 9/23 Dream. Doing a long weekend and holding onto as much PTO as possible. I'll tell ya, the communication out of DCL blows right about now. Make a decision and give some direction already. Ugh. <--obligatory complaint

And, yes, I have sailed other lines. 7x. I have NO problem booking on other lines again if the sailings and schedules align with my needs. I love DCL but I don't particularly like everything they do. There's definitely things I think other lines do better. I don't subscribe to the belief that Disney service is better either because that's not been my overall experience on 6 non-DCL ships w/2 other cruise lines.

Add me to the list of open to options. I'm no apologist. We exist even here. Haha!
It’s always good to have a plan B and C.

Y

They seem to adjust pretty quickly when the weather is involved. It's not that uncommon to change itineraries.

The majority of people booked probably aren't on these boards gnashing their teeth. The news just dropped a few days ago. I wonder if the people on here complaining about how awful DCL is will actually try other cruise lines or continue to complain. It would be great if they did because it might bring the prices down.

We cancelled a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy and rebooked with Royal Caribbean. They were 1/3 of the price. Saved $5000, then we figured with all that savings we might as well book another cruise with RC this one a 5 night with the parents in a 2 bedroom suite. Oh and we still have over $1000 left. Maybe the wife and I will get away for a 4 night on RC.

To be clear it would be kids just turning 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, & 17.

I don't know what you are talking about. My 14 and 17 year old have been vaccinated for months. Took the 14 year old the day the vaccine opened to that age group to a military vaccination center setup in our city. In and out in 5 minutes. They said you could sit for 15 minutes afterwards, but only if you wanted to.

They seem to adjust pretty quickly when the weather is involved. It's not that uncommon to change itineraries.

There's not much they can change to, however, at this time. They cannot go to USVI, BVI, Caymans, Haiti. Puerto Rico doesn't solve any problems. Jamaica and the Dominican Republic are basically the two options left, and I'm not sure an announcement that you'd get one stop at the DR in 4 days is going to wow anyone. And cruises to nowhere are illegal from US ports.

We cancelled a 7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy and rebooked with Royal Caribbean. They were 1/3 of the price. Saved $5000, then we figured with all that savings we might as well book another cruise with RC this one a 5 night with the parents in a 2 bedroom suite. Oh and we still have over $1000 left. Maybe the wife and I will get away for a 4 night on RC.

I don't know what you are talking about. My 14 and 17 year old have been vaccinated for months. Took the 14 year old the day the vaccine opened to that age group to a military vaccination center setup in our city. In and out in 5 minutes. They said you could sit for 15 minutes afterwards, but only if you wanted to.

We took our first RC this month after 10+ Disney in a row since our August Disney got cancelled. We were soooooo impressed! And LOVED that 2 bedroom suite!! I can see now why people sail RC so much.

Our next DCL cruise isn't until next summer now but I am watching all of this closely just to see how Disney is going to respond. I feel so badly for those of you with cruises coming up soon. I know the excitement of planning a cruise and not knowing if it is going to get cancelled just weeks away is very frustrating!!

There's not much they can change to, however, at this time. They cannot go to USVI, BVI, Caymans, Haiti. Puerto Rico doesn't solve any problems. Jamaica and the Dominican Republic are basically the two options left, and I'm not sure an announcement that you'd get one stop at the DR in 4 days is going to wow anyone. And cruises to nowhere are illegal from US ports.
I'm not sure they can realistically make it to Jamaica and back on just a 3-day itinerary. Maybe the 4 day.

Moving to another island just is not an option here. Maybe they decide to cancel all the 3-day Dreams and just do 4-days, like the Fanatasy?

I just don't see realistic options here other than cancel, or require vaccines.

I'm not sure they can realistically make it to Jamaica and back on just a 3-day itinerary. Maybe the 4 day.

Moving to another island just is not an option here. Maybe they decide to cancel all the 3-day Dreams and just do 4-days, like the Fanatasy?

I just don't see realistic options here other than cancel, or require vaccines.

Yeah, not sure Jamaica is a real option on a 3/4 nighter, although it's less bad than Cozumel. But it is open.

The only real option, as you say: Vaccines. No one should hang on to a delusion that DCL can negotiate otherwise with the Bahamas. Carnival and RCCL have Bahamian private islands and are a much greater value in port fees, and both are in line with the new regulation. DCL either plays, or doesn't port at CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter