UH-ho Alamo not letting me skip the counter

davper

DIS Veteran
I have a minivan for pickup tonight and they won't let me skip the counter. Been using alamo for my last 9 trips and have always skipped the counter. Reservation is through Costco.

Go online and be sure you have all the forms filled out. We used them in October and had no issue skipping the counter.
Unless maybe they don't have a minivan available now?

I had that issue in September and I found out it was because I was doing the online checkin within 24 hours of picking up the car. We used a kiosk when we arrived and it was fine - just like skip the counter after kiosk. There was no line for the kiosk. . But I will remember to always checkin outside 24 hours now.

Reactions: DCJ
Did you plug in your Alamo member ID on the Costco website? I just did a Avis rental through Costco and was able to skip counter. I know on one rental through Costco they won't let you plug in your member number so I don't use that one.

Did you plug in your Alamo member ID on the Costco website? I just did a Avis rental through Costco and was able to skip counter. I know on one rental through Costco they won't let you plug in your member number so I don't use that one.
With Alamo rentals through Costco, you do not enter your Alamo Insider number on the Costco site. Rather, the Costco confirmation includes an Alamo confirmation number as well as the Costco confirmation number. Then, login to the Alamo site and link the reservation to your Alamo Insider account using the supplied Alamo confirmation number. This has worked for me every time, 4 or 5 rentals per year, for a number of years. I’ve already linked my January reservation.

What vanillagirl sad. Had same thing happen to me.

Agent at counter said that they limit the number that can skip the counter after a certain hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter