Ughhh.. barking dogs all day long!

AshleyW

DIS Veteran
Yes, I know, this is such a lame thing to whine about, and I'm very thankful that is the worst thing I have to complain about today.

But it's 65 degrees outside. I have my windows open. It's absolutely beautiful out and there's a nice breeze. It should be just about perfect. :sunny:

But these gosh darn dogs in the houses behind our condo development will not SHUT UP. :headache: There are like 5 houses behind us that leave their dogs out... all. day. long. I have no idea if the people that own the dogs go to work, or go to sleep, or what in the heck they do - but their dogs are outside literally all day and they all just bark and snap at each other. Most of them are little yippy dogs that just yip yip yip yip yip for hours at a time. Then there are 2 basset hounds that get sick of the yippers and they start barking and howling. I swear it would drive anyone completely bonkers. :lmao:

And y'know, I work for the police department, and I always roll my eyes and get annoyed when people call to make noise complaints about dogs barking... but after today, I get it. I'm literally about to snap. :eek:

I love dogs. I really do. But please, if your dog is outside barking for hours at a time... take it back inside! :thumbsup2

I feel for you.... I hate listening to the damn barking dog all day, and he's mine. He never used to bark like this, he was always very calm but now he's making up for the 5 quiet years... I think I need to apologize to my neighbors..

I thought for a minute that you must live in my neighborhood!

The house next door has two German Shepards. The first one was fine and then they brought home the second one.:scared1::scared1: The second one barks non-freakin stop. The first one eventually joins in and then the beagle that lives two houses down starts howling. If I still worked nights, I would have poisoned them all by now.

I really don't want to start anything with the neighbors since we've lived next to them for 18 years, but deal with your stupid dog!!!

Our dog barks when he sees other dogs outside, but we stop him as quickly as possible (this is when he is inside) but if he is outside and starts to bark he comes inside the house right away. I cannot stand listening to a barking dog, mine or anyone else's.

Neighbors around us leave their dogs out and let them bark all the time, drives me and my dog crazy cause he gets in trouble when he barks back.

The newest neighbor to get a dog though really takes the cake, they are outside all the time with her and talk soooooo loudly to her that we can hear EVERY word. So all day and evening we hear "Good girl Lexie" etc.. about 100 times. Last night was beautiful, so we slept with the windows open and this morning the lady was outside telling her "good job Lexie" at 6:10 AM. We live 3 houses away and she woke us up, I was not a happy camper. At 6:45 she was back outside begging Lexie to take a drink :confused3 They also encourage Lexie to bark while playing with her, because they think it is cute. :confused:

I agree with you 100%.

Barking dogs are my worst pet peeve. Just can't stand them at all.

I understand a dog will bark when someone pulls into the yard, or when someone knocks on the door. I get that. But they should shut up after a couple of minutes. If they don't, and just bark, bark, bark to hear themselves bark, it is like nails on a chalk board for me. Hate, hate, hate it!

We have 3 beagles behind us.

They are adorable but they never stop barking while they are out and their owner never brongs them in. I don't know how the barking could not drive her nuts!!!!!!

When we had Ted, if he got on a roll barking at something (beyond 3 yips at the squirrel running by) I pulled him in the house.I couldn't stand listening to him, so why would I think my neighbors could.

I've seen these ultrasonic barking dog deterants, cleverly disguised as "birdhouses":
http://beta.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=75520

Maybe you should suddenly take up bird watching? ;)

I had this problem this year. Next door neighbors dog would bark nonstop all day long for no apparent reason while they were gone to work. Probably wouldn't have bothered me, but I live in an older house with poor insulation and single pane windows so even with the house closed up I could hear every bark.

Ended up looking up the city ordinances for dog barking and sent a copy to the dog owner anonymously.

She tried a couple things, one being one of those ultrasonic things that goes off every time the dogs barks. What a complete piece of @#$%. You can still hear the whistling noise which is more annoying than the dog and the dog just kept barking through it. I think that thing finally died because it was going off continuously. :confused3

She finally got it under control some how. I don't really care how as long as it's quiet. :rolleyes1

I've seen these ultrasonic barking dog deterants, cleverly disguised as "birdhouses":
http://beta.hammacher.com/Product/Default.aspx?sku=75520

Maybe you should suddenly take up bird watching? ;)

I DO have a bird feeder hanging from my deck... I think it seems only natural that now I need a birdhouse! :lmao:

Seriously, I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed by this.. they've quieted down a little bit now, but an hour ago I was ready to flip out!

I don't have the patience for it. My neighbors across the street had a dog that barked 24/7. I dealt with it during the day, but by 10pm, they would put the dog out and he would bark all night long. After a few days of the barking all night, I reported it. The neighbors were pissed, but I slept better.

Ugh, this makes me happy my house is constructed of block... I can't even hear someone two rooms away, let alone a dog outside.

I'd go the ultrasonic route if I had this problem. If it continues for more than a day, call Animal Control (or the Police).

And just keep calling, every time. Eventually the neighbors will either learn that they need to keep the dog inside, train it, or get a nasty fine from the city.

Though honestly, why even have a dog if you're going to keep it outside all day/all night? How cruel.

This is why I am glad to live in a neighborhood with a HOA. Our neighbor's dog used to bark all the time. The poor little thing was tied up outside constantly. It drove me nuts and I felt bad for her.

I sent an email to the HOA and they called Animal Control. The neighors now bring her inside when she starts to bark. It has been a nice summer:thumbsup2

Yeah, we've got that going on since this summer too. It's the neighborhood behind me, about 4 houses down.

This house has always had dogs but this summer they put up a dog run in the back yard and leave the dogs out 24/7. I've no idea how many dogs they have now. I know it was 3 at one time but I think it might be more.
Now I get to hear the dogs bark, growl, snarl and fight all day and night. I've lost track of the number of times I've called animal control.

I noticed today while I had the windows open that I didn't hear those dogs. Maybe the people took them inside finally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter