UGH.....rain while there in a week....

We were there in mid-April and many of the days' forecast was like that. For sample, two days it was 100% change of rain with the thunderstorm symbol. One day, it rained fairly hard. The next day it rained for about 5 minutes very lightly.

Basically, the weather has no idea. So they figure.... It's Florida. It's June. There is a high chance that it will rain at some point in the afternoon for 5 minutes. They have a better chance of being right then wrong.

Our forecast looked the same for this week. So far we’ve had a few sprinkles one day and a 10 minute shower today.

We've experienced a lot of rain at Disney World. It will be fine. To make yourselves more comfortable I recommend the following:
-lightweight raincoat (ponchos I had didn't hold up to all the rain)
-wear comfortable waterproof sandals in the parks (I brought Tevas)
-if you use a stroller bring a waterproof stroller cover and put it over the stroller any time you leave it, whether or not you think it will rain.

After surviving the Noahic flood of April 2021 at Disney, I no longer fear the rain! 🤣

Extra socks. Bring extra socks with you to the park.

One of our favorite park memories now is of my daughter and I slogging over to ride Pirates at rope drop when it was absolutely pouring rain. There was not another soul in sight and we were all alone at Pirates. Every single other person in the park that day had more sense I guess!

We walked through a torrential downpour late yesterday afternoon at Epcot from the front entrance all the way back to Biergarten. Your sneakers will be soaked to the bone and will squish with every step. Wear hiking sandals instead. Seriously.

Bring an umbrella AND a good poncho. Not the Dollar Store ponchos. The Disney ones are bigger and cover more. Many camping supply stores sell big ponchos also. Put whatever bag you’re carrying UNDER the poncho. This is why you need the bigger poncho.

We walked through a torrential downpour late yesterday afternoon at Epcot from the front entrance all the way back to Biergarten. Your sneakers will be soaked to the bone and will squish with every step. Wear hiking sandals instead. Seriously.

Bring an umbrella AND a good poncho. Not the Dollar Store ponchos. The Disney ones are bigger and cover more. Many camping supply stores sell big ponchos also. Put whatever bag you’re carrying UNDER the poncho. This is why you need the bigger poncho.
That rain yesterday was no joke.

Make sure you pack two pairs of shoes, so if your shoes get soaked you can give them an extra day to dry. This is especially important if you aren’t wearing sandals (I can’t wear sandals without getting huge blisters, so I bring two pair of washable walking shoes). One afternoon last July I was at Epcot and it started raining so hard the water couldn’t drain from the walkways fast enough. It was up over the tops of my shoes and by the time I got back to the hotel, I still had a half inch of water in them. My clothes under the poncho were fine.

Just curious….what washable walking shoes do you recommend?

Welcome to Florida... Don't like the weather, give it 5 minutes and it will change... Local here, Winter Garden... and our weather forecast are a joke... We were suppose to have rain the last 2 days and not a drop, on Friday no rain shown and we got rain off and on all day...

Personal I would skip the ponchos, and go with a super lightweight hooded rain jacket, water proof, the ones that can be rolled up and put in a pouch... We have Columbia ones that have served us well... and drying them off, is as easy as a couple of shakes, or you can use a few paper towel, or a hand dryer to get them dry, then roll up and put away... Plus you can use them in TS, as some of them get pretty dang cold...

As for the white shorts, I personal would not wear them in the park... tooo much stuff to get on them... just saying...

That rain yesterday was no joke.
It was insane!

Yeah I had the misfortune of being on a friendship boat going back to YC from HS with a droid and a ton of stuff to ship back home when that rain hit. We didn’t get halfway to Swolphin’s dock before having to U turn back to HS because of lightning. I felt so bad for the CMs because there were some really cranky people giving them grief over it. That was the day I learned there are stops at the park bus depots even for resorts that don’t normally have bus transportation to those parks, presumably for situations like this. The Crescent Lake resorts all share and it took forever for buses to come for us.

It’s a good reminder that even the “daily pop up storms” are not always predictable, though. It didn’t let up until after like 3 hours.

Just curious….what washable walking shoes do you recommend?
I buy the Propet Wash and Wear Walker. I have been wearing them for years. My mom had a white pair, and she would toss them in the washer and they would come out bright white. They do not go in the dryer - they have to air dry. They are leather with a neoprene panel around the top so you can slip them on and off. I bought my first pair because I wanted something easy to put on and off at the airport, but liked them so well they became my go to shoe. I got a pair soaked at Epcot last July, but they felt dry the following morning (I did have a spare pair of shoes with me, so I gave them a full day to be sure).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter