UGH.....rain while there in a week....

imktdqt810

Mouseketeer
I just went to weather.com and looked at the 10 day forecast, not looking like a dry day a single day while there. We arrive a week from today(Sunday- June 6th) and depart Friday-June 11th. I had white shorts packed and I think I will be taking those out. I also already had one round of the disposable ponchos but now I'm thinking I might want to get more to at least give us one round for each day. Anything else I'm not thinking of?

Remember this is just probability of precipitation in the forecast area. It does not mean the percentage of your day it will rain on you. So that first day 46% chance it will rain during that day somewhere in the forecast area. If it was 100% it would be all of the forecast area will see rain sometime that day, and then they talk about how much rain that might be.

Last edited:
Pack your poncho and you will be fine. This happens every trip we go on to WDW. We love it. You can still do plenty when it's raining, as many things are indoors, and the rain cools things off. There have only been two days in all our trips to WDW that were a "wash" because the rain would not let up. Most of the times it just rains for a bit every afternoon.

yeah, we have often been there in June...lots of days, there's a chance of rain on the app, and then it never rains. We still see the dark clouds, and think it might, but then it doesn't. BUT lots of days where you'll get that pop up shower. I remember watching one Flower/Garden concert totally in light rain after sloshing over there. We ALWAYS have emergency ponchos or rain jackets in our backpacks, unless the app for the day, says 0 chance....but then I still bring mine. Ha. Also pack extra shoes. We have the kids bring their main shoes, and always a spare pair. Unless they're doing waterproof shoes like crocs. Enjoy the trip though, rain or shine!

I just went to weather.com and looked at the 10 day forecast, not looking like a dry day a single day while there. We arrive a week from today(Sunday- June 6th) and depart Friday-June 11th. I had white shorts packed and I think I will be taking those out. I also already had one round of the disposable ponchos but now I'm thinking I might want to get more to at least give us one round for each day. Anything else I'm not thinking of?

View attachment 578537
Scattered thunderstorms means like a few 15 minute or less squalls during the day. Just head inside when it happens.

We have learned to embrace any rain that comes when we are there! People clear out so quickly and we just wait for it to pass by. We have also learned lightweight rain jackets are better for our family. The ponchos are are such a pain and so sticky and hot. Don’t let the forecast scare ya and keep planning for a beautiful vacation!

View attachment 578537

Yeah thats what the forecast for every Florida summer day looks like! You WANT the rain. It drops the temperature 10 degrees and the storms move on very quickly. It also helps to thin out the crowds. Bring a light rain jacket or poncho and shoes that dry easily and keep those with you and youll be just fine.

There was this one time that I was getting off Kilimanjaro Safaris, and it started to rain. The lady in front of us nagged her husband to "go back to the car to get the girls' jackets." About 5 seconds after he started wandering back toward the exit, the rain (of course!) stopped. I've always wondered how that story ended....

It WILL rain. It probably won't rain enough to impact your trip.

There was this one time that I was getting off Kilimanjaro Safaris, and it started to rain. The lady in front of us nagged her husband to "go back to the car to get the girls' jackets." About 5 seconds after he started wandering back toward the exit, the rain (of course!) stopped. I've always wondered how that story ended....

It WILL rain. It probably won't rain enough to impact your trip.

LOL. Back in the car might as well be in your hotel room. Keep them in your backpack if you visit in the summer. It WILL rain.

Pretty normal, no need to adjust the wardrobe, other than you might sit in something after a rain that would affect the white shorts. We aren’t poncho people, but small travel umbrella for each person seems to work best for us as its an easy pack, and easy to use over and over. Ponchos are tough to work with, at least for me lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter