Ugh Facebook group admins..

I belong to a lot of Facebook Disney groups & left a couple of them because of the admins 'attitudes & authority', lol. Not directed to me, I'm mostly a lurker on the groups. There was one guy that reveled in kicking people out of the group. Every time someone new would join, instead of welcoming them he would post 'I wonder how long they will stay around'...after a few of those, I just left the group. Too much drama.

That being said I belong to a few more groups where the admins are really great!

I push back hard when people complain about their HOA and how it is managed and never once have attended a monthly meeting or volunteered for a position.

I feel the same way about any volunteer position of authority. Until you have run a mile in their shoes......

I belong to a lot of Facebook Disney groups & left a couple of them because of the admins 'attitudes & authority', lol. Not directed to me, I'm mostly a lurker on the groups. There was one guy that reveled in kicking people out of the group. Every time someone new would join, instead of welcoming them he would post 'I wonder how long they will stay around'...after a few of those, I just left the group. Too much drama.

That being said I belong to a few more groups where the admins are really great!

Yes! It’s the ones who think they have “phenomenal cosmic power!” I did lump them all as one and that’s not right. But this one got under my skin lol

Do you tell others what they can and cannot post?

Yes we do in all the groups I am an admin for. We don't allow some things in the groups and posts must be on topic. They can't be rude or be attacking another person. If the group is about Disney, then keep the posts about Disney, not about some random junk that has nothing to do with the group.

Don't join a group if you can't follow the rules. That is my peeve.

Me too! Being an Admin absolutely looks like a tough gig, and its a rough balance.

Yes we do in all the groups I am an admin for. We don't allow some things in the groups and posts must be on topic. They can't be rude or be attacking another person. If the group is about Disney, then keep the posts about Disney, not about some random junk that has nothing to do with the group.

Don't join a group if you can't follow the rules. That is my peeve.

This post wasn’t rude. She was called out for wrong information and got defensive saying we can keep scrolling or leave. I think it’s inappropriate to start rumors and then claim its your board and you can do what you want

I go to the movies regularly. It always irritates me when people leave their trash at their seats. Doing so just shows how lazy you are. When you leave the theatre, you always go by a trash can, so why not take your trash with you? The workers who clean work so hard (at least at the theatre I go to). I get there's accidental spills now and then, but don't leave your trash at your seat.

I go to the movies regularly. It always irritates me when people leave their trash at their seats. Doing so just shows how lazy you are. When you leave the theatre, you always go by a trash can, so why not take your trash with you? The workers who clean work so hard (at least at the theatre I go to). I get there's accidental spills now and then, but don't leave your trash at your seat.
Yes! This makes me crazy at Disney too. After Fantasmic the theater is gross and I always feel bad for the cast members. I know it's their job but how hard is it to throw away your trash?!

CW4D's law of petty bureaucracy. The less true actually important power a petty bureaucrat has, the more he or she will attempt to lord that power over others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter