Ugggh I have a problem.

Jules123

DIS Veteran
I booked a free dining reservation at Pop July 18-22 for 4 nights. I added a room only reservation the day before because we were flying in early. It is looking now like we may have to leave and come home on the 21st due to a sporting obligation. What are the chances I could get my free dining moved up a day where it would start the 17th? Any hope?

Why would moving your checkout date impact a promotion for an earlier checkin date? I think no, the promotion has expired. I don’t understand your thinking

If the normal CM can’t do it I would try to speak with a supervisor. Sometimes they can make things happen.

About all you can do is call and explain the situation and see if someone can override the system and change it.
Don't get your hopes up though.

It's possible if there's availability left under the promotion in Disney's system, but you need to call. The CM will then need to talk to Guest Services. I know some people have had luck changing dates even though the promotion has technically ended, so it can't hurt to try!

We have made changes many times with our Free Dining reservations over the years (adding a day one either end, moving dates, switching resorts, etc) after the booking window has passed. You just need to let the CM know when you call that you will need to talk to a supervisor about a Free Dining reservation.

It just depends on getting the right CM that knows what to do and then having the set of dates, resort, etc available that you want to switch to.

We actually just added a day onto the beginning of our August trip booked with Free Dining so that we can fly in the day before we originally planned on so that we can attend the 8/8 Villain's DAH event. We were originally booked 8/8-8/17 but switched it in a quick phone call to 8/7-8/17.

I tried to do this in 2017, and I was told that since I had already booked free dining, I would be allowed to make changes to my reservation and still keep it- but since the promotion had sold out and was no longer available, I needed to call and “catch” a canceled reservation from someone else in order to change it. I called 2x per day every day for about 4 months (this was back when the hold music would play several songs in their entirety before adding in commercial voiceovers so it was actually kind of pleasant to call in and wait on hold.) In the end, I never found a canceled free dining reservation available on my dates at my hotel. But I did score a room-only discount and it saved me just as much money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter