UCT "flagged for security"

no they didn't offer me a solution through the chat. and they supposedly canceled my order during that chat which was about an hour ago yet I have no confirmation. I'll just be buying tickets elsewhere. Now to make sure the charge on my card is released!

That is strange my order was flagged on a past trip because my mailing address on my card was different from where I wanted to receive them, but it was straightened out with a phone call. I don't think I'd feel comfortable sending them a picture either.

I know that I have heard that they are legitimate over and over again, but I agree, I wouldn't want to send a picture of myself with a credit card.

I'm not sure I would even like the driver's license scanned just for theme park tickets (I would understand if I were buying some controlled thing--like alcohol, ammo, nicotine, medicine, whatever)

I just don't get needing a selfie. There is nothing they can prove with a selfie covering up all but 4 digits. Anyone who has CC numbers and is using them fraudulently typically can also print fake cards. The selfie does nothing to match me to a card because they don't know what the actual owner looks like. It is just a strange request to me and doesn't sit right.

I know that I have heard that they are legitimate over and over again, but I agree, I wouldn't want to send a picture of myself with a credit card.

I'm not sure I would even like the driver's license scanned just for theme park tickets (I would understand if I were buying some controlled thing--like alcohol, ammo, nicotine, medicine, whatever)

They only time I've had to scan an ID was for a Florida resident rate for something and that I can understand as it is for proof of residency.

I am not able to have a phone conversation at the moment so I used the chat tool. they would not offer me another option. I will take my business elsewhere. I said I was concerned about identity theft and a scam, was not offered any consolation or reassurance. ETA very disappointing service indeed.

I wouldn't have a single problem with it. They are a reputable company and a quick google search would show you that this happens and their solutions get the problem taken care of.

are you having the tickets shipped to a different address, like your workplace when the billing address is your home?

Can I order and pay for tickets on my credit card, but have them mailed to another person, name and/or address?
Yes. However, you may be contacted by Undercover Tourist ticketing to verify the information regarding your ticket order.

That would be them verifying it.

you know, even if they had told me to give them a call over the chat? or explained why they need to do this? I may be able to call in a couple hours but I'm not feeling it. The only defense offered was they aren't asking for a pic of the whole card to cover 12 numbers. But they already have the whole number...soooo... very weird. We travel A LOT (not always to Disney but we go away multiple times a year) and this is definitely a first!

They are making sure you have the card.

Ummm...no offense to anyone but taking a 'selfie' with me next to a credit card does not prove that I am the same person attached to that credit card so if this is what they are using to validate your identity, completely pointless!

No but it's closer.

A thief isn't going to take a picture with a stolen card.

Even the fact that they keep using the term selfie is a little strange.

Why? That's the modern popular term for taking a picture of yourself.

If you don't trust them that's fine, but they are an incredibly reputable company that has solved problems and gotten things done for years. They even had a hand in helping to make sure Disney cms were properly trained back in, gosh, 2011 when some cms were going things all wrong. Incredibly reputable company and they are trying to make sure you are you.

I just don't get needing a selfie. There is nothing they can prove with a selfie covering up all but 4 digits. Anyone who has CC numbers and is using them fraudulently typically can also print fake cards. The selfie does nothing to match me to a card because they don't know what the actual owner looks like. It is just a strange request to me and doesn't sit right.
The only thing I can see the selfie does is protect them if someone comes back later and says "that wasn't me who placed the order, it was someone else". If they have a photo to show that shows you and the card there it removes all doubt later that it was you that placed the order.

I wouldn't have a single problem with it. They are a reputable company and a quick google search would show you that this happens and their solutions get the problem taken care of.

are you having the tickets shipped to a different address, like your workplace when the billing address is your home?

That would be them verifying it.

They are making sure you have the card.

No but it's closer.

A thief isn't going to take a picture with a stolen card.

Why? That's the modern popular term for taking a picture of yourself.

If you don't trust them that's fine, but they are an incredibly reputable company that has solved problems and gotten things done for years. They even had a hand in helping to make sure Disney cms were properly trained back in, gosh, 2011 when some cms were going things all wrong. Incredibly reputable company and they are trying to make sure you are you.

hi bumbershoot, no not different addresses.

I would happily send a picture of the credit card. I would not send a picture of myself. That is a request that serves no purpose. Them having a picture of some random person holding my card while making a purchase neither proves anything nor protects anyone from fraud. Ever heard of photoshop?

I know UCT is legit, and I know many people have done this before, but I would not do it, nor would I send a photo of my drivers license, or of just my credit card. I've paid for thousands and thousands of dollars of things online, and no one has ever asked for any of those things. UCT needs a better security procedure.

Wow, no way. Even if they have no ill intent this is over the line and not a recognized security best practice. As a CC user, you are absolutely not liable for fraudulent transactions so this is most emphatically not for your protection. In fact, it could expose you to a greater likelihood of identity theft. I have used UCT in the past, but will not again if this is they way they do business. The additional exposure is not worth the very slight savings.

I believe someone from UCT has an account here, hopefully they will see this and come in and clear things up for you and future purchasers. I purchased through them a couple of years ago and was very happy. I hope everything works out for you, however you decide to purchase the tickets.

I know UCT is legit, and I know many people have done this before, but I would not do it, nor would I send a photo of my drivers license, or of just my credit card. I've paid for thousands and thousands of dollars of things online, and no one has ever asked for any of those things. UCT needs a better security procedure.
I have to agree on this one. Thousands of online retailers figure it out without asking for a picture of someone holding a card. That is just odd.

Wow, no way. Even if they have no ill intent this is over the line and not a recognized security best practice. As a CC user, you are absolutely not liable for fraudulent transactions so this is most emphatically not for your protection. In fact, it could expose you to a greater likelihood of identity theft. I have used UCT in the past, but will not again if this is they way they do business. The additional exposure is not worth the very slight savings.
True. I guess a better way of putting it is it's trying to keep you from having a hassle of trying to fix a fraudulent purchase later. And it protects them from loosing the money for the transaction later if it gets reversed. Which I'm sure is really their main reason for this. Otherwise, it is an odd way of their verifying but it is also a common practice on the few transactions that get flagged. It doesn't keep me from using them but so far, my transactions aren't flagged. Maybe I would be different if they were. Bottom line, I do trust UCT and don't feel like they are trying to put you at risk

I can't imagine why it's important that the camera is being held by the subject of the photo.

I was meaning a photo of yourself at all. Selfie was just the term they used. Even if they asked me to provide a photo of myself and didn't call it a selfie I wouldn't understand how that would prove it wasn't fraud.

Seeing as though they have no idea what you look like, it seems rather pointless.

I was meaning a photo of yourself at all. Selfie was just the term they used. Even if they asked me to provide a photo of myself and didn't call it a selfie I wouldn't understand how that would prove it wasn't fraud.

Yup.
I have the photo all ready for the next time they want to see me.
I'll tell 'em that I included my whole family in the shot!

Downton-Clooney_Visa.jpg

Last edited:
glad to see someone else was asked this same ridiculous photo with card request from them, it happened to me on Fri, I refused to send it and they did honor my purchase and I saved a total of $200 on 7 day park hoppers with their current sale, they are legit but it is concerning that they are resorting to this type of verification process, if provided a cc number exp date and csv code nothing else should be needed, was glad they honored my purchase without the additional hoops to jump through

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter