UBER

Yep. I keep my own phone out and call them on it if they try to change the route and there is no visible road closure necessitating it.

Of course, I don't use Uber either. Lyft all the way.
Does Lyft ever have coupons?

Occasionally I get emails saying I've got a discount on my next certain number of rides by a certain date...but I've never been able to use them since it's usually for my home area and I pretty much only use them when traveling since I'm a subway and walk girl at home (NYC).

I currently have a 10% off promo for some reason (not new to Lyft by any means). I use both Uber and Lyft a lot on property and my only complaint is the language barrier with some of the drivers.

:drive: What do you guys think, how hard would it be to get Uber on Oct 31st at 3:20, 4:20 and 5pm. So THREE separate trips. Has anyone used them on Oct 31st at WDW? Are they easily obtainable?
Currently I only have Uber gift cards so Lyft and Minnie Vans are not an option. I have never used this type of service before and have no idea of what to expect. Thank you

Uber are always easy to get but you will pay through the nose for surge pricing at that time would be my guess.

Uber are always easy to get but you will pay through the nose for surge pricing at that time would be my guess.

I just noticed that on the large thread. I'm reading from the last page going forward as some stuff is dated 2015.

we used Uber 4 or 5 times on our trip in April, had on problems with pick ups, drop offs and all our drivers were both friendly and informative. we must have lucked out

we used Uber 4 or 5 times on our trip in April, had on problems with pick ups, drop offs and all our drivers were both friendly and informative. we must have lucked out
No, not really. Vast majority of drivers are wonderful. Only a very small minority are problem drivers and they typically do not last long. Doesn't take many low ratings for them to get dropped from the service
And in Orlando many drive for both (as you can tell by their having both decals on their cars) so I find both services to be pretty much identical/interchangeable.

We mostly take the busses but had a crazy long line to wait in one of our rope drop mornings to MK from All Star Sports. So we took Uber and so glad we did! Giovanni was so pleasant...he showed up in less than a minute and was very helpful. Even had a Disney playlist on. Best $9.50 we spent there.

We mostly take the busses but had a crazy long line to wait in one of our rope drop mornings to MK from All Star Sports. So we took Uber and so glad we did! Giovanni was so pleasant...he showed up in less than a minute and was very helpful. Even had a Disney playlist on. Best $9.50 we spent there.
Yep, we mostly take the buses too. But it's great to keep Uber/Lyft in our back pocket as a backup plan. You never know when the bus will have a hiccup and hit a delay.
I also tend to like to use them in the AM since it normally means more sleep. With buses you need to allow yourself a lot more wiggle room since you have the unknown of wait time, both on a bus and how many buses it will take for you to get on, and often a longer transportation time. With Uber/Lyft you are much more in control of when you are getting picked up (normally within 5 min or so of requesting a ride) and then directly to the park, no other stops. And at AK, your drop off is even closer than the buses. That can translate to as much as an extra hour of sleep. Well worth the $10 or so a ride share costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter