Uber to Cruise Port in Miami?

ChicosWife

The Caribbean DCL Life For Us!
Anyone have experience/issues with getting an Uber from a Miami airport hotel to the cruise port? I know it's not a far distance, but with so many people possibly using the Uber option, I'm curious to see how long the ride and/or wait may be.

You should not have a problem. The port area is close to everything. It is not like PC where it's a long drive from Orlando.

We are going to need transportation from the hotel in Miami to the port. We are a party of 6. Do you suggest Uber or something else?

The Uber line can get super long and it can take 40 minutes for your Uber to pick you up if a bunch of flights arrive at the same time. Schedule your Uber to pick you up at the departure level instead of arrival and you can save a lot of time (pro tip from our driver a few weeks ago). Just select the appropriate pickup location in the app.

Anyone have any insight on getting an Uber or cab from the port in Miami back to the airport? No timetable for us, just going to rent a car. I think I read somewhere that cabs are lined up when the ship docks?

Anyone have any insight on getting an Uber or cab from the port in Miami back to the airport? No timetable for us, just going to rent a car. I think I read somewhere that cabs are lined up when the ship docks?
Yeah, I just did this. We walked off after breakfast, and were in the Uber 5 minutes after clearing customs. I think it was maybe 25 minutes to the airport. The pick up line is just outside the door when you exit customs. Very easy.

We are going to need transportation from the hotel in Miami to the port. We are a party of 6. Do you suggest Uber or something else?
With 6 people, depending on how much luggage you have, you'd probably need one of those really big Ubers (I'm really not good with the different categories) or two smaller ones. There are calculators online to estimate the cost, but I'm guessing either one of those would be cheaper than hiring a car service since you're not going that far. Or maybe your hotel has a shuttle?

With 6 people, depending on how much luggage you have, you'd probably need one of those really big Ubers (I'm really not good with the different categories) or two smaller ones. There are calculators online to estimate the cost, but I'm guessing either one of those would be cheaper than hiring a car service since you're not going that far. Or maybe your hotel has a shuttle?
Uber xl is usually 5 max.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter