Uber to Airport

luvdisney14

Mother of 3 Great Boys
I have a 7:00 am flight, leaving from SSR to airport, does Uber transportation run very early in the morning?

I would assume so. I live near RDU Airport, and had to catch a 3:15 AM Uber to the Airport to catch my 5:45 flight on the 8th. I guarentee there are Uber/Lyft drivers operating that early

If you would feel more comfortable you can schedule and Uber the night before for an additional cost.

Yes, there will be Ubers available, but you may wait a while for one to get to you at that hour.
I would book car service (with a 4:30 pickup) with a flight that early.

If you would feel more comfortable you can schedule and Uber the night before for an additional cost.

People have reported not being happy with scheduling an Uber ahead of time. I'm trying to remember why. Maybe Uber isn't actually reserving a car and driver for you; you are just telling them the night before that at xxx O'clock they should notify drivers that you need a ride - as opposed to you notifying drivers yourself at xxx O'Clock that you need a ride. The other thing is if they do it too early and you aren't on the curb waiting when the Uber arrives, they can cancel on you and charge you a cancellation fee.

If I'm wrong I assume others will say so.

People have reported not being happy with scheduling an Uber ahead of time. I'm trying to remember why. Maybe Uber isn't actually reserving a car and driver for you; you are just telling them the night before that at xxx O'clock they should notify drivers that you need a ride - as opposed to you notifying drivers yourself at xxx O'Clock that you need a ride. The other thing is if they do it too early and you aren't on the curb waiting when the Uber arrives, they can cancel on you and charge you a cancellation fee.

If I'm wrong I assume others will say so.
A recent poster said Uber changed how rides booked in advance are handled. The way you described was accurate but not currently

We also have a 7:25 am flight home. I decided to book a car service to alleviate the stress of a car not coming. We also would have needed an Uber/Lyft XL. We took an Uber XL from MCO to the Boardwalk and it ended up costing us the same amount as my booked car service due to price gouging!

I only need the service for one person, I’m thinking a car service might be too costly.
Do they charge one price per car or for each person?

I only need the service for one person, I’m thinking a car service might be too costly.
Do they charge one price per car or for each person?
For one person shared shuttle will be significantly less expensive. A car service will be more then 5 times the price, even Tony.

Uber and Lyft are not cheap these days the prices have gone up period but there is also Surge pricing which can happen at any time. From what I saw around 50 is the norm for Uber these days for a 1-3 person car - there is no more share cars- with surge as high as in the 70s maybe higher. If you are looking to save time than a car service is the way to go if you are looking to save money than the shuttle is the way to go. The pricing seems about right as the same has happened in my are where airport was around 18 in 2019 skip a year 2021 it was in the mid 20s and now in the low 30s or about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter