• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber/Lyft shortages

pulpinator

Earning My Ears
I've read about shortages of drivers with Uber and Lyft (and experienced it in my own city). Does anybody know if there are still shortages at MCO and around Disney/Universal right now, or if things are getting back to pre-Covid?

You can look at availability right now, right on the app. Just fire it up and take a look around the area to see availability.
Correct. To check availability, set a WDW location as your pickup point. Then, you will have to select a destination, then select a vehicle category, and it will show cars in your area as well as your estimated ARRIVAL time at your destination.

You may have to zoom in a bit on the map to see nearby cars in the category you've selected.

We took a Lyft from Pop Century to Universal and back on Sunday, waited less than 10 minutes at both ends. Just a data point, but it seemed like there were plenty.

We used Lyft quite a bit for our trip on October to get from dinner res at resorts back to parks/resort. Could see availability on app and never waited more than 15-20 minutes. Stayed at AKL Kidani and went to EPCOT/Steakhouse 71/Disney Springs.

Generally speaking, the answer is yes, unfortunately there is still a nationwide driver shortage, especially in busy regions like Orlando metro.. With that said, is HAS gotten better, there are also more alternative transportation options now as well such as Mears Connect, Sunshine Flyer, etc.. And of course you always have the option of booking a private car service with a company like Mears, FL Tours, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter