• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Uber/Lyft from LAX

Uber/Lift is super easy, but it's usually not the least expensive. How many people are in your group? How much luggage do you have (do you need an Uber XL)? Super Shuttle and the Disney Express are other options to check out.

Not specifically for @Baptist - We’ll be a party of 5 with 6 pieces of luggage...will Uber XL/Lyft be able to accommodate us? That was my plan, but your post has me thinking maybe not...

Not specifically for @Baptist - We’ll be a party of 5 with 6 pieces of luggage...will Uber XL/Lyft be able to accommodate us? That was my plan, but your post has me thinking maybe not...
I would not think so. 4 pieces of luggage (the max size the airlines would allow without over charges) pushed our Uber XLs in FL to their limit. It’s not just suitcases, it suitcase plus carry-ons plus persons. XLs are like suburbans or vans. Basically just because they fit the people doesn’t mean they can fit 6 large suitcases & carryons. I’d do 2 normal size Ubers with that many people or a private shuttle.

Last edited:
Just a note if you want to get dropped off at the Grand Californian and not actually staying there tell them you're going to Storytellers Cafe otherwise they'll turn you around at the entrance.

can anyone give actual prices they paid for uber/lyft to and/or from LAX? I understand that it can vary, but I'm trying to gauge the variance. I would prefer to take this option vs DRE due to the timing of our landing. We will just miss a departure and will have to wait another whole hour before another one shows up. Not trying to waste too much park time if the prices are similar. TIA

can anyone give actual prices they paid for uber/lyft to and/or from LAX? I understand that it can vary, but I'm trying to gauge the variance. I would prefer to take this option vs DRE due to the timing of our landing. We will just miss a departure and will have to wait another whole hour before another one shows up. Not trying to waste too much park time if the prices are similar. TIA

I just went to their websites and got estimates. Lyft gave me $48, and Uber said $52-68. anyone have comparable prices to those quotes?

I just went to their websites and got estimates. Lyft gave me $48, and Uber said $52-68. anyone have comparable prices to those quotes?

I just checked my Lyft ride history. From DLR -> LAX we paid $48 (on a Sunday afternoon).

Don't forget to factor in the price of a tip if your driver's good.

EDIT: I also just realized I seem to tip more when going to/from DLR. It must be the magic that puts me in a tipping mood :D

Last edited:

Just a note if you want to get dropped off at the Grand Californian and not actually staying there tell them you're going to Storytellers Cafe otherwise they'll turn you around at the entrance.

Unless you have an actual reservation now on their name list, you will be turned away.

We just used Lyft to and from SNA to GCH this weekend. It was $22 each way plus tip. Party of 4 and luggage, all carry on. Waited 10 minutes or less at SNA, less than 5 minutes at GCH. Nice drivers and clean cars. On ride from SNA, driver had a few personal items in trunk so space was a bit tight for luggage but we made it. Cab voucher from GCH was $40 flat plus tip, just for comparison. We did not need car seats. I would definitely look at Bubblebum though if we still needed them.

can anyone give actual prices they paid for uber/lyft to and/or from LAX?

We didn't take uber from LAX since we flew in/out through SNA. However, we did do Uber from DLR to Universal Studios Hollywood on a Tuesday. Looks like that's close to the same distance as to LAX and about the same price quote from Uber (usually 52-77 or so...I checked daily for a week before we went). Our Uber was $49.31 around 7 AM and $57.51 around 3:30 (both before tip).

I booked execucar for $68 each way. There are lots of coupons around for 10% off. I figured it was cheaper than uber.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter