Uber from John Wayne Airport

jsgrant5

Mouseketeer
We are flying into SNA on sunday. I was looking at the Uber website and typed in the airports address and the Candy Cane Inn's address. It came up at 26.80 for the cost. I have never used Uber and want to know how easy it is to use. Do we open the app and request a ride after we land, or wait until we have our luggage? Do they show up where the shuttle vans are or are they not allowed in that area? The price seems so much cheaper than getting a shuttle for four people. Thanks

Request a shuttle after you get your luggage. I thought they recently-ish moved where Uber picks you up, hopefully someone else will chime in with the location. It's been awhile since i've flown into SNA.

It is super easy. After you’ve got your luggage, request your ride. There are always tons around the airport. Also, there are coupon codes for new users- it used to give you like a $22 credit for your first ride; now it’s more like Lyft, you get $5 off each of your first three rides. Much better than a shuttle, takes you right to your hotel door.

It has been about 6 months but I used Uber to get from SNA to a good neighbor hotel. Yes it's super easy. Open the app request your car. It will tell you the color, model and plate number as well as your drivers name and I think a photo of the driver but not positive. I think the app will tell you where to meet your driver too. Last time i was there it was just down from the taxis. I would get your luggage first.
I hope I am remembering correctly and of some help.

They did change the pickup area. It's now upstairs from where you get your luggage, but easy to find. There are signs and you can ask, too.

I just got back from Disneyland yesterday and used Uber to and from the the SNA/John Wayne airport. Uber itself is easy to use and the pick up areas are easy to find and well marked at the airport. Get your luggage first and then order on your way to the pick up area.

I see in your post that you have four people and I'm assuming checked bags for everyone in your party? If so you may need to order an Uber XL instead of just a regular Uber because you'll probably need a bigger car for people & luggage. The XL is usually about $10 more. Often the regular Uber which is the cheapest option has smaller cars.

We'll have 4 people, 4 hand carry luggage, and 1 (or 2) large luggage. Would an Ubler XL fit us all? Thanks!!

We'll have 4 people, 4 hand carry luggage, and 1 (or 2) large luggage. Would an Ubler XL fit us all? Thanks!!
Last time we used uber down there we had 4 adults so 4 of the smaller roller cases and two duffel bags and 4 of the draw string backpacks the uber xl worked great plenty of room.

Each terminal now has a designated ride share pickup area. It is no longer at the regular passenger curbside pickup. Just follow the signs...a bit more of a hike but easy peasy

Uber XL up's the price considerably. I compared prices a while back and found that a taxi (which are clean and professional) is actually cheaper if you need more room. Cabs do not charge anymore for more people and luggage and you will have your pick of anything from a Prius to full size vans at no extra charge. Also, there's no waiting for a cab.

We don't need the extra room but we usually take a cab from the airport (because it's faster) and an Uber back to the AP.

Either way, I hope you have a fantastic trip!

Scott

Each terminal now has a designated ride share pickup area. It is no longer at the regular passenger curbside pickup. Just follow the signs...a bit more of a hike but easy peasy

Just wondering - what do the signs actually say? The SNA website refers to them as Transportation Network Companies and ride apps as well as by Lyft, Uber and Wingz. We're coming in August and it's helpful to know what to look for on the signs after we collect our bags.

TIA!

You need to go up to level 2 where the ticket counters are after you get your bags. That is where all the ride share pickups happen now, not downstairs outside of baggage claim. There are 3 terminals, and once you go upstairs and outside, you will see signs.

DO NOT order the car until you are standing at the pickup spot. They come FAST.

Last edited:
You need to go up to level 2 where the ticket counters are after you get your bags. That is where all the ride share pickups happen now, not downstairs outside of baggage claim. There are 3 terminals, and once you go upstairs and outside, you will see signs.

DO NOT order the car until you are standing at the pickup spot. They come FAST.

Thanks. What do the signs say? I ask because we fly in & out of Houston, and the abbreviation on the signs there is not intuitive (to us, anyway) so we have trouble remembering how the rideshare pickup area is labeled.

just checked on the taxi fare and it says it will be approximately $46. Uber xl would be $41

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter