Uber at midnight

Conniequeen

Mouseketeer
Any ladies taken a u er from MCO to a Disney resort by themselves after midnight. Flight gets in at 12:08. If not Uber what did you use? Thanks in advance

Any ladies taken a u er from MCO to a Disney resort by themselves after midnight. Flight gets in at 12:08. If not Uber what did you use? Thanks in advance
Not from MCO, but I took an Uber a couple of weeks ago from the Contemporary to my Universal hotel after the Halloween party, so definitely after midnight. I would be fine with rideshare from MCO at that time.

A new safety feature added to the app's toolkit will allow access to a live ADT security agent. - https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/news/uber-live-adt-security-agent-safety-toolkit/

I have taken several in the wee hours. I always send the info on the driver to someone else and lately have the app open so I can push the “help” button.

If you don't feel safe at that hour using an uber, Mears Taxi is on level two of MCO by baggage claim. They have a contract with MCO to use their platform. When you leave the terminal to go to the car rental garage, make a right before you cross at the traffic light and you will see the mears taxi cabs and other taxi companies lined up 24 hours a day. They don't allow ubers/lyfts there. This may make you feel safer. (Use Google Maps and click on the road to see photos).

If you don't feel safe at that hour using an uber, Mears Taxi is on level two of MCO by baggage claim. They have a contract with MCO to use their platform. When you leave the terminal to go to the car rental garage, make a right before you cross at the traffic light and you will see the mears taxi cabs and other taxi companies lined up 24 hours a day. They don't allow ubers/lyfts there. This may make you feel safer. (Use Google Maps and click on the road to see photos).

Maybe it’s just me but I find grabbing a taxi way more convenient than Uber when leaving the airport. You don’t even have to pull out your phone. The cabs are lined up and ready to go and you’re on your way within 2 minutes of leaving baggage claim.

Uber is convenient most other times but I’m not going to walk past a waiting taxi for an Uber.

Maybe it’s just me but I find grabbing a taxi way more convenient than Uber when leaving the airport. You don’t even have to pull out your phone. The cabs are lined up and ready to go and you’re on your way within 2 minutes of leaving baggage claim.

Uber is convenient most other times but I’m not going to walk past a waiting taxi for an Uber.

You bring up an interesting point I hadn't thought of previously! Is Uber pricing on par with taxis? I've always thought of Uber as cheaper but not sure if it actually is?

You bring up an interesting point I hadn't thought of previously! Is Uber pricing on par with taxis? I've always thought of Uber as cheaper but not sure if it actually is?
Mouse savers says a taxi from MCO is 65-75 plus tip, depending on which resort. Uber will be less, although probably more expensive than usual after midnight.

Ii definitely would not or would encourage my 2 adult daughters to take a Lyft/Uber solo ride at that time.
I'd following the advice down below for Mears. Haven't taken Mears in many years due to so many off site stops, but now that Disney is basically using, that's what I would advise with my 2 cents advice.

You bring up an interesting point I hadn't thought of previously! Is Uber pricing on par with taxis? I've always thought of Uber as cheaper but not sure if it actually

Our taxi from mco to Disney springs last February was about $55 plus tip.

Mouse savers says a taxi from MCO is 65-75 plus tip, depending on which resort. Uber will be less, although probably more expensive than usual after

I've taken several Ubers late night, including alone, at Disney and many other locations. I've never felt uncomfortable, but just make sure you're getting in the right vehicle and the driver identifies you by name.

I would use Mears Connect. $16, board right at the terminal. At that hour it won't matter if it takes a bit longer since nothing's open anyway, but you may very well get personal door-to-door service--I've been the only passenger a few times.

I would use Mears connect. It’s basically the same as Dme

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter