Typhoon Lagoon

miccolt

Earning My Ears
I have never been to a Disney water park...How busy are they? Is it worth doing this over having a pool day? (Travelling next week and just wondering if I should change up my initial plan).

Personal choice. We love the Disney water parks. We'll be at Typhoon Lagoon the week after you.

Like everything Disney it will be quieter first thing in the morning then build. One thing with this time of year though is the potential for daily storms which will close the WP attractions, often for an extended period of time.

It's pretty great - I don't go that often, but I always have a blast when I do. I actually like Blizzard Beach better, but that's not an option at this moment. Anyway, as stated, go early, before they open. You'll have time to get in and rent lockers. towels, etc. before a rope-drop. Do the slides and such first as they don't build lines for the first couple of hours. Once they do, that's a good time to hit the wave pool or lazy river.

I like both water parks. If you can swing it, I prefer a day there than by the pool. It's just me and DH (no kids) and we don't see the need for a cabana, but I can certainly see how it would be nice to have. I'd just rather spend that money elsewhere personally.

We just did a day there last month. We had a great time! I was glad we booked a cabana because it poured in the afternoon. It was great to have a place to go to get out of the rain (which is ironic after riding water slides and relaxing in the pool lol).

I was crowded when we went. Waits for slides averaged around 30-40 minutes.

We went there on our last visit with was in February and it was almost completely empty. It was amazing and even had it been more crowded it was still an amazing place.

Typhoon Lagoon is great. We went in June and even mid-day the waits for slides were not bad - nothing longer than about 15 minutes. But I think it can get more crowded than that.

I think it depends on if it is worth it on - what do you want to do?

Are you a slides person? Are you a lazy river person? Do you like powerful wave pools? Are you more a lounger then cool off dip person?

The water parks are not cheap so if you aren't going to utilize much of what is there then I'm not sure it is worth it. If you are treating it as an "action" park and participating then yes is can be fun. Typhoon's slides are much milder than Blizzard if that matters.

I have never been to a Disney water park...How busy are they? Is it worth doing this over having a pool day? (Travelling next week and just wondering if I should change up my initial plan).
You might consider getting a ticket to their night time Glow party - those are great fun and it's nice to be there at night. Whether it's worth it could depend on if you're traveling with others and how much they like pools and water rides. I'm not a water ride or pool person as much but I love the lazy river at TL and have very much enjoyed the Glow parties.

What type of resort are you staying at? When we had an AP including water parks, we would go to the water parks when staying at a value. But when we stayed at CSR, CBR, POR, or SSR then we used the resort pools because we loved them and their water slides were sufficient for us.

Going or not most certainly depends on this-do you love water parks? If you do....then, if you get there early (like a bit before the park opens), you can do a lot of rides/slides/etc and have fun. As the hours go by, though, both water parks get crowded. Which one is better? I would look at pictures of the rides to see which ones fit your fun style the most.

We just did a day there last month. We had a great time! I was glad we booked a cabana because it poured in the afternoon. It was great to have a place to go to get out of the rain (which is ironic after riding water slides and relaxing in the pool lol).

I was crowded when we went. Waits for slides averaged around 30-40 minutes.
to save me the search, how much is a cabana rental at the water parks please?

Cabana rental is really worth it! We paid $250 - if memory serves - That was the "basic" We got there right at park open and got a lot done in a short time. Have fun

I'll second the H20 glow nights if it works for your plans. I was there for the one this past Saturday and it was an aweseome time. Waits were 15 minutes or less and free snacks. Plus the weather is better since it skips the afternoon showers and don't even need sunscreen.

If you decide to go. The morning at opening the slide lines are short they can get long. Through the years I have seen the lines a lot longer then 30-40 minutes but that seems to be the norm now at busy times of the day. If it rains stick around especially in the late afternoon.. this year everything was walk on until 8 when it closed the one night we we there this year. If you have young kids put a life jacket on them for the wave pool strong swimmers or not the shallow part of the wave pool has a rough bottom and the current is very strong which can cause a young person to fall and get a few minor scraps. They do have a first aide station that will disinfect and put a Ban aide on in case. The wave pool at TL is something to see however the waves are huge and a sound you will never forget.

We love both the Disney waterparks. Typhoon is the preferred for us, but as we usually get the water park add on we do that and Blizzard at least 2 or 3 times during our stay.

Best bet is to get there at opening, find a good spot to setup camp, and just enjoy the day. We have been to many waterparks over the years, and Typhoon is still our overall favorite. (Volcano Bay being a close 2nd).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter