Typhoon lagoon question

Marge88

Earning My Ears
If we buy a cheap sun umbrella in Walmart can we take it into Typhoon Lagoon?
Concerned about lack of shade and just been quoted by Disney that to hire an umbrella (getaway glen) will be $74.55 and as they are for 4 people and we are a party of 6, 4 adults and 2 small children, I was told we must hire 2 umbrellas! Apparently you use your magic band to enter the area. This is a lot of money especially if we don’t stay all day.
Any help regarding the best place to head for to get sun beds and chairs and some shade please? Hard to tell from the map. Thank you.

Never tried taking a sun umbrella in, but I think the answer is no. It would be a safety hazard anyway, as there are lots of chairs and such around...plus little kids running around.

There is no shortage of shade whatsoever at TL, in fact there is an abundance of it. Plenty of huts with chairs under them, as well as trees providing shade. You'll have no trouble finding a spot.

Go early, there are lots of shady spots that available to make your "home spot".

We have done this for years. As we are getting older, we are staying put more, so the umbrellas and cabanas are worth it for us.

When the kids were younger it was go, go, go.

I have never seen anyone bring a large shade umbrella. Maybe you could bring a personal shade blocking umbrella?

I don’t know about Disney’s waterparks but most waterparks don’t allow large shade umbrellas. You could bring a rain umbrella in but probably not a beach umbrella.

I don't know for sure....but in all the times I have been to TL I can't ever recall seeing one, so that leads me to believe you can't.

They actually sell umbrellas to use for shade right in the water park giftshops. I'm not positive on the pricing but I think they were fairly reasonable. We usually either rent an umbrella spot or head over by where the Shark Reef was and put our stuff under one of the pavilions there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter