• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Typhoon Lagoon. How crowded is it lately?

yolie912

DIS Veteran
Just wondering. We want to go next week and were wondering how bad the lines and crowds were.

Thanks in advance

We just went to TL last Saturday, we arrived around 2:00, just as it was raining! When we arrived it appeared pretty full-hard to find chairs, lots of people around, etc. However with the rain, pretty much everyone cleared out within an hour. Thankfully it never thundered so everything stayed open and the rain stopped after off/on for about 30 minutes. For the first two slides we waited about 10-15 mins each-then we could walk on pretty much any slide, maybe a five minute wait every now and then. There was an after hours glow night that night-I think they could get in at 6:00. We left at 6:30 to head to another park and there was a steady flow of people coming in for that. I don’t think it would have made a difference for the people left (not doing the glow party) because the park was pretty empty by then. I will say we went to Blizzard Beach the next morning right at opening and it was a lot more crowded. So I am not sure if we got lucky with TL, due to the weather or afternoon time frame or what! Enjoy!

Thanks, guys! Planning on going around 11am
Water Park opens at 10am. 11 am is going to when the crowds start to build. I have gone for rope drop and the slides were basically walk on (after lots of stairs ). Later in the afternoon may also work as people leave to head some place out. The TL wave pool will drawl more people than BB’s wave pool.

I've found that if we arrive by 10 and are there for the park opening, we're able to enjoy a bunch of the rides and find great chairs with very little crowd. We clear out early afternoon. You'll probably be OK at 11, but agree with PP that crowds start to build around then in the summer and you'll end up waiting for some of the slides. Have fun!:)

If it opens at 10, do they let you in earlier than that? Or is arriving at 10 sufficient? We're only planning to do a few hours so I want to maximize our fun time while minimizing our find-a-locker-and-a-chair time.

If it opens at 10, do they let you in earlier than that? Or is arriving at 10 sufficient? We're only planning to do a few hours so I want to maximize our fun time while minimizing our find-a-locker-and-a-chair time.
[/QUOTE}

They usually don't open much earlier than planned time.. 10/15 minutes before is usually sufficient. But defiantly get there at opening and hit the popular slides first, then the less popular stuff later when the crowd comes in.

They let you in but hold you outside the chair zone. You can go into the locker areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter