• Controversial Topics Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Types of food at Trading Posts

flutegarden

Mouseketeer
We will be getting groceries delivered but figure we will need a replenish. Do the trading posts have non-dairy milk and fresh food, including bananas. Any major category of food they won’t be available? Which post is better?

The Meadows will have more, but they don't have fresh foods.

Not sure about the varieties of milk, but they do carry bread, snacks, etc.

To be clear,

Last time I was at Meadow TP [see my sig] (agree Meadow has more food options) it had a COUPLE apples and bananas in hanging baskets near the coffee machines. But nothing more in terms of variety or count. Although on any day YMMV.

If you think you need a grocery replenish during your stay, over-order initially. The stock in the Trading Post is minimal, expensive, and opportunistic. They have basics plus expensive extras like beer, wine, etc. Anything you buy will be more expensive than you pay for in your local stores. And in case I'm not making my point, you won't pay more, you will pay a LOT more.

But for basics (buns, charcoal, sewer hose, beer/sodas) you will pay an arm/leg if it's in stock. No meats other than lunch meats like bologna. They have more square footage dedicated to merch than food stuffs in the TP's.

Really, my advise is don't rely on the TP. They may not have what you need. If they do, it will cost a fortune.

giphy.gif

Bama Ed

Last edited:
To be clear,

Last time I was at Meadow TP [see my sig] (agree Meadow has more food options) it had a COUPLE apples and bananas in hanging baskets near the coffee machines. But nothing more in terms of variety or count. Although on any day YMMV.

If you think you need a grocery replenish during your stay, over-order initially. The stock in the Trading Post is minimal, expensive, and opportunistic. They have basics plus expensive extras like beer, wine, etc. Anything you buy will be more expensive than you pay for in your local stores. And in case I'm not making my point, you won't pay more, you will pay a LOT more.

But for basics (buns, charcoal, sewer hose, beer/sodas) you will pay an arm/leg if it's in stock. No meats other than lunch meats like bologna. They have more square footage dedicated to merch than food stuffs in the TP's.

Really, my advise is don't rely on the TP. They may not have what you need. If they do, it will cost a fortune.

giphy.gif

Bama Ed
So if I'm reading this right Ed, stuff is expensive at the trading posts?
Don

So if I'm reading this right Ed, stuff is expensive at the trading posts?
Don

Don,

It's even MORE expensive than the little Publix well positioned in the middle of the college campus near my house where all the college kids spend their parent's money buying beer and a few groceries.

If that's possible. :teeth:

Ed

PS - and then there is the Fort adult beverage pricing ......

Last edited:
Wo what your saying is, double up on that $10 pack of bologna!
While staying at the FORT, money is no object.

I love stopping by the TP but only for a soda or ice cream on a hot day. We usually make a couple runs to Wal Mart for groceries. Also, we hit up the new White Castle near the fort 3 times on our last visit. Those little sliders are great, even heated up the next day!

Was thinking the same thing. I've been getting my fix from the frozen food section at Publix. Not the same, but in a pinch....
ROAD TRIP! Go get the real thing, @Stratman50th, at least one time and see if the difference is worth the drive.

I don't buy (m)any groceries at the Fort's Trading Posts. Last trip I found that early morning runs to the WM on Hwy 192 just to the west of World Drive on non-park days was terribly convenient. Add they had great gas prices.

Bama Ed

ROAD TRIP! Go get the real thing, @Stratman50th, at least one time and see if the difference is worth the drive.

I don't buy (m)any groceries at the Fort's Trading Posts. Last trip I found that early morning runs to the WM on Hwy 192 just to the west of World Drive on non-park days was terribly convenient. Add they had great gas prices.

Bama Ed
We had Little Tavern where I grew up. Near University of MD of course... bag of sliders=college chow.
I know we have Krystal around here, basically the same thing.
Couldn't find any White Castle's on the map.

I just looked and White Castle is dangerously close. Just 6 miles out the back way on Vista, past Apopka.

j

1680884298986.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter