Two reservations/two sets of magic bands???

Seems stupid and a waste of money for Disney to send so many magic bands, especially when they are interchangeable. I'm leaving on Monday for 11 days, and have 3 MBs. One for each resort, and a Passholder one. I like the magic bands, but this is just silly. When I was there in 2014, I stayed at three resorts, but only had one band. Oh well. At least I'm covered if lose one.
Couldn't agree more.
Getting easy to see why this cost Disney a billion dollars. My family has drawers filled with old bands. No matter what you do, they keep sending these things. Several times, for a single trip, we've received 2-3 sets. Stop the waste, Disney.

Does anyone know when the magic bands are mailed to our house? We are arriving Aug. 26th. When should we expect to get our bands?

When we had 2 resorts, which we often do, we customize ours to include an X after the name so I know which resort it is. For our ap bands they include AP15 to our name. I have so many now. So mine might say NANA AP15. You have to watch as you are limited to a certain about of characters. We always take 2 sets of bands because some always misplaces their band on EVERY trip so far. Heck one of my granddaughters broke the pegs off one band, then lost her backup the next day on a ride. Someone turned it in, so she got it back. Often they get lost in the room.

Does anyone know when the magic bands are mailed to our house? We are arriving Aug. 26th. When should we expect to get our bands?

They won't be mailed until a day or so after July 26. They will send you tracking via an email or you can check your profile and see what the status is for that band order.

^ You could also request that the Magic Bands be shipped now if you customize them. We are leaving Aug. 31 and I had our bands shipped to us last week.

When I was there in 2014, I stayed at three resorts, but only had one band.

January 2014 we stayed in 4 resorts and had 4 sets of MBs. You customize them for every reservation number you have. So I'm not sure what happened there, but you should have had 3 sets.

I was just wondering this too!

I just added a second reservation to our trip in a few weeks. I already have passholder and room bands for that trip, and now I suppose a third set of bands for the new hotel. I know they are all linked to MDE for dining/FP reservations, but do they all work on the doors to the hotel rooms/pool gates? That's my only concern, and it's going to stink to try to keep them all straight!

They should, barring glitches, all work on the room doors and pool gates and the gates to get back into the resort if you're a driver.

No matter what you do, they keep sending these things.

Have you tried calling Tech Support and having them suppress the bands for any given visit? If not, try that.

When we had 2 resorts, which we often do, we customize ours to include an X after the name so I know which resort it is.

Truly no need to do that. Doesn't matter. If something glitches it glitches, but without glitches they will all work just fine.

Please clarify: The MBs are interchangeable for MDE, but not room access. I will still need to bring both sets of MBs, right?!

They are interchangeable for everything.

You do not need to bring both sets. You can if you would like to; if you customized them in different colors for fun, then it's fun to bring the different colors. But you don't have to. As long as they are all linked to the same MDE.

I have them in all the colors. I pick one out on a day I want to use it and I bring it. It gets me in the parks, it charges (if I've set up charging), it gets me my FP+s, it gets me back into the resort gate if I am driving, and it gets me into my room.

I just skimmed the posts but I don't think this was mentioned.
You are not required to get all the bands they try to send you. If you do not ever approve and customize them for shipment the grey ones will be waiting at the resort. You can then refuse them and use the ones you already have.
All bands active on your account can open any room.
If you are concerned just ask the CM at check in to confirm the band you plan to use will work on the room. They have a way to check this, and fix this, if they don't.
But unless you just want to, there is no reason to use specific bands for specific resort stays.

Have you tried calling Tech Support and having them suppress the bands for any given visit? If not, try that.
Yup - standard answer is that they're working on this issue, but for now, every reservation receives a set of MB's.

I haven't called too recently, but that's what I was told as recently as this spring.

Same as above--if she goes in the future and makes her own account, just click "Connect Through a Disney Account" next to her name and she should be able to use her MagicBand once the two accounts are connected.
I'm doing something similar where my daughter is on both my MDE and her friends MDE and the friend will be checking in after us and my daughter iis switching to their room. I don't see on MDE where it says " connect through a Disney avcount". I only see where i can invite using email. Where is this?

I'm doing something similar where my daughter is on both my MDE and her friends MDE and the friend will be checking in after us and my daughter iis switching to their room. I don't see on MDE where it says " connect through a Disney avcount". I only see where i can invite using email. Where is this?
If you go to your My Family and Friends List in your My Disney Experience, you'll see her name and avatar in the very left column, the Edit button in the very right column and the "Connect Through a Disney Account" in the middle. Once your daughter sets up her own account, you can click that and use the email that she used to set up her own My Disney Experience account. If her friend does that as well, then all of your daughter's reservations should be merged. Good luck!

Yup - standard answer is that they're working on this issue, but for now, every reservation receives a set of MB's.

I haven't called too recently, but that's what I was told as recently as this spring.

Since late last year (before our January trip bands shipped) we were told BY Tech Support to call them and have them "suppressed" if we wished for that to happen. So IMO you didn't get a standard answer; you got a wrong answer this spring.

And now it's moot since there's a button to tell them you have bands and don't need more.

If you go to your My Family and Friends List in your My Disney Experience, you'll see her name and avatar in the very left column, the Edit button in the very right column and the "Connect Through a Disney Account" in the middle. Once your daughter sets up her own account, you can click that and use the email that she used to set up her own My Disney Experience account. If her friend does that as well, then all of your daughter's reservations should be merged. Good luck!
Thanks! This option was not available to me on the app on my phone, but on my computer, i see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter