Two questions: Villas and Strollers

This board is full of diverse opinions, none of which matter except your own lol

If we had a stroller that would fit all 3 of my kids and my wife, they would want me to get it haha..... Whatever makes your life easier and everyones experiences better for your family. As I have said many times before, if people at Disney are so focussed on external factors to grumble about insignificant things, then that is more an indication as to their own personal unhappiness than it is with anything you are doing.

Freud would love Disney....... ;o)

Just do what you feel is best, rock it, love it and have a wonderful time. The rest is just insignificant noise.

With respect to purchasing? Look through Craigslist and facebook and try and pick up a good deal on a GT double, even if you used it for that trip only and sold it upon your return, it would sell for the same price. It's a lot to spend upfront without question, but we have had ours for 3+ years and it just keeps on trucking!

I would consider renting a double based on OP first post. It is very hard to put the younger in the stroller only hear whining from the one that doesn't want to walk. I rented a double citi mini when my kids were 4 & 6 and it was worth it. Now with the wt limits some of the rental companies have the higher end strollers go up to 70 pounds per kid. Bob revolution single is listed as such. The citi mini single stops at 50, so that may not be the one for your needs, if renting I'd look around.

Now my last trip my DS 9 twisted his ankle (on our last day) and tried to sit in our (privately owned) single city mini (our then 3yo was the original rider), he was 75 pounds at the time, it was REALLY hard to push that much kid in the single citi mini. From what I can tell it did not damage the stroller as we still used it for the younest one trip after that. The 3yo was mad to lose her ride, the 7 yo cried cause she was the only kid walking, and we caved and rented the big plastic WDW stroller double and pushing over 120 pounds of wt (in the plastic double) was not ideal. I would have rented a wheelchair for my 9yo for the next day instead if we had another park day (but we didn't). Mainly because if my 7 yo didn't want to walk two kids could fit in an adult wheelchair and it was about the same price as a disney double (and much easier to push)

So consider if you will split up and if that matters that you have a double, if you can push the amount of wt assuming the stroller can handle it. It is tiring to push that much wt ALL DAY and manuvering is more difficult. Now if you aren't pushing that wt all day and one child walks part of the time, it wouldn't be too bad, but even 75 pounds will feel like a lot by the end of the day.

Right now I'm considering order a set of these for the doors:
View attachment 331770
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00178HMCI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_ep_dp_0jqlBbFJF8E31

They go on with two-sided tape, and I'm thinking you could use command strips instead. A little overboard, and my husband will probably roll his eyes, and I'm sure we won't even need them, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. And I'll sleep better knowing my little monsters aren't sneaking off onto the balcony in the wee hours of the night.

We have these and they are are extremely loud and very finicky. Your neighbors will HATE you every time you open that door, if it even works. They have to line up very perfectly, and most door frames are not flat enough.

Our kiddos are 6 and 3 right now, and my husband and I are rather big safety freaks too (well, me more than him). We were in BLT last fall (so much taller, but different layout I'm sure) but in the 1 BR there the living area only has a door to the balcony. We kept the curtain over it, pulled the huge sleeper chair a bit closer, and the kids never even knew going outside that door was an option.

Also, the kids will be SO TIRED you'll be dragging them outta bed each morning (at least, that's how it goes in our world!). Zero concerns about them "escaping" or getting into trouble once we got through that first night.

We're team stroller. We tried doing a single and "taking turns" with them right before the trip at a big outside fair and it was not pleasant...super tired kids just can't help but whine about whose turn it is, how long their turn was, etc. So we rented a double and took it most of the time (we skipped it for things like Disney Springs, when we were just doing a half day someplace, etc) and that really worked for us. We would park it someplace and do an entire area and then use it for the longer walks and some storage.

You’re welcome. We recently stayed somewhere that had a drawer full of sharp knives that a small child could easily access. It’s definitley a different experience to travel with littles. I hope you guys have a great trip!

So just my two cents but I just don't get it...in all my years I’ve never worried about this at home because my kids always knew better than to pull a knife out of the drawer. I’m probably in the minority here but I feel like it’s a little extreme for a 4 & 6 y.o (which is what the op asked about) to baby proof again. Not to offend just my opinion.

So just my two cents but I just don't get it...in all my years I’ve never worried about this at home because my kids always knew better than to pull a knife out of the drawer. I’m probably in the minority here but I feel like it’s a little extreme for a 4 & 6 y.o (which is what the op asked about) to baby proof again. Not to offend just my opinion.

I have a 1 and a half year old. I’ve never had a 4 year old. I don’t plan on having things like super sharp knives and detergent easily accessible until my son is older than 4 because I know that my son is the type to get into everything. I was the super obedient, non-line stepping, type. My son didn’t get my temperament.

I wasn’t really thinking about the 6 year old, he sounds like he minds his p and qs, but the 4 year old on the other hand was described to be more of a handful.

And as far as the balcony, referring to other posts, why would it matter if the alarm was loud if it only goes off if a child tries to go out onto it because it’s turned off when the adults are awake? Isn’t it quiet if turned off? If my 4 year old is going on the balcony at 12AM, I honestly don’t care if the alarm wakes up my neighbors.

As far as the stroller issue, we just came back. I have two 8 year old boys that needed a stroller and we rented the baby jogger summit x3 double. We have a double bob at home but rarely use it anymore but they cannot do Disney without a stroller. It's a heavy duty stroller and it was an easy push with them both it. Combined weight was around 118 pounds. I will caution you that I could see the stroller sagging but it was not one of the best quality ones we have had deliver to us during our many Disney trips. It seemed more worn than usual. I think it would work well for you but just don't put anything in the bottom or hang a bag from it.

We have always stayed dvc and with the concerns over the doors we have moved the sleeper chair near the door to the patio. I like the idea of hanging the bells.

Check out the Joovy Caboose. It is like a single with an extra area in the back where a bigger kid can sit or stand. You also get a fair amount of cargo capacity. I wouldn't attempt navigating a double through WDW unless I had no other option. The Caboose can be found under $100 which makes it competitive with rentals - especially if you could get it delivered or swing by Target.

Are there two beds in the bed room? If yes, I would just use both of those. Put the kids to bed and then the adults can hang in the living area till bed time. If not, I might consider creating beds for them in the bed room with you guys. Our friends son did get out of a unit at WDW. I’ve no idea how he did it, as he was younger than your guys. They worke up to him gone and found him sitting outside of the door. He got out and could not get back in. Absolutely terrifying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter