two questions: port security and sports simulator booking

CisforCookie991

Mouseketeer
I keep seeing that going through security at the port is sort of like going through security at the airport. Can someone who has been on recently tell me if that involves taking off shoes?

And the one thing my kids want to book is the sport simulator, but we're first timers and there have been zero openings. I check. A lot. Where do I go when I'm on board to try to snag one? Is it the Port Adventures desk, or the simulator, or someplace else?

Thanks!

I don't recall ever taking off my shoes at security in the port. Mostly the similarity is a metal detector and your luggage gets scanned like at the airports (I last cruised in Sep 2022, so fairly recently). It's actually pretty stress-free (especially when compared to an airport, like MCO!).

For the sports simulator, keep checking! Slots may open up as your cruise gets closer and people finalize/shuffle their plans. Otherwise, I'd go to Guest Services when you get on the ship to talk with them.

They are looking for fans, sound machines and surge protectors! No removing shoes, watches, belts or anything else. Put your stuff in a basket and walk thru the scanner.

They are looking for fans, sound machines and surge protectors! No removing shoes, watches, belts or anything else. Put your stuff in a basket and walk thru the scanner.
Are sound machines not allowed? I thought I was familiar with the stuff you can't bring and didn't have that on my radar (my whole family uses sound machines, so I'd really love to bring ours!)

Check once onboard for sports simulator - they had zero online openings on our sailing, either, but we stopped by and they had wide open availability! We had our choice and could have added more time on the spot.

Are sound machines not allowed? I thought I was familiar with the stuff you can't bring and didn't have that on my radar (my whole family uses sound machines, so I'd really love to bring ours!)
You can bring them. They are just pulled out when going thru security and checked by DCL maintenance.

Does the Wish have something similar to the sports simulator? I know the have the sports zone but that's just for younger kids right?

Does the Wish have something similar to the sports simulator? I know the have the sports zone but that's just for younger kids right?
No, not that I recall. The Hero Zone isn't just for younger kids. They have foosball tables, ping pong tables, table hockey and activities and other equipment available during the day and anyone can use them unless it's specifically intended for younger kids. We didn't get a chance to do the inflatable Incredi-course as it was only offered one day and I'd had to have run back to the room for socks (you have to wear socks). And we were kind of lazy sitting on deck eating ice cream so we didn't even get a chance to watch it. That's also where they held the Jack Jack Diaper Dash (which was hilarious).

Anyone have any experience with things that cannot go through an x-ray machine? I have a medical device that says in big, bold letters in the literature that it cannot go through the machine. For air travel, I'm told to have it in a separate bag, pull it out, and let the TSA agent know. I assume it would be the same at the port?

Anyone have any experience with things that cannot go through an x-ray machine? I have a medical device that says in big, bold letters in the literature that it cannot go through the machine. For air travel, I'm told to have it in a separate bag, pull it out, and let the TSA agent know. I assume it would be the same at the port?
Yes, you should keep it separate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter