Two Princesses and their Entourage

MOmousefan

DIS Veteran
Hey all and welcome to our WDW adventure!
We will be staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort from August 4 through the 7th. There will be six of us on this trip, all veterans with the exception of the youngest princess.
This trip came about due to our SIL, Scottie, getting to use points that his Aunt and Uncle gave him . We were invited along as they secured a 2 bedroom villa and wondered if we would be interested. Duh!
This will be my 8th visit and my wife's 3rd. She last went to WDW in 1995 in August and the heat, humidity, and crowds caused her to vow she would never go back. When you have two granddaughters begging you to go how can you say no?

The Cast of Characters

Emily and Lily

Lily - Our 4 YO princess. She is our oldest granddaughter and a dedicated Disney princess.
This will be her 2nd trip and she is very excited. This entire trip is centered around her meeting as many princesses as possible, and yes we have a FP+ for A and E!
She is also going to visit Bippity Bobbidy Botique and can hardly wait.

Emily - A 20 month old who will be visiting the World for the first time. She is equal parts sugar and spice and a real charmer.
She is enough of a handful that grandma will be her one-on-one companion.

Alison and Scottie

Alison is our 31YO daughter who has been to WDW 5 previous times, 4 with me.
This time she extended the invitation for this trip and we are looking forward to the experience.

Scottie is a great SIL who works at his family's concrete business.
He has been to WDW several times, the last trip with Alison and Lily.

Grandma and Grandpa

Grandma - As I said earlier she hasn't been for years, but is looking forward to a great time.
She is also looking forward to using a new camera.

This will be my 8th trip and the first with the granddaughters.
My previous two trips were solo and while I enjoyed moving at my own pace, being with the family will be a great joy.

If it wasn't for going with the family I would NEVER go to WDW in August. It will be hot and crowded and probably rain every day. I prefer early May but realize this was the only time we can go. Bev and I are both retired and enjoy the fact that our three grown children all live within ten miles of our home.
Our mode of transportation will be by car with Bev and I in our car and Alison and her family in theirs. We will travel together down to Florida from our homes here in the Ozarks and spend two nights in Orlando relaxing before we check in to Saratoga Springs.

We have our Magic Bands, Memory Maker, and four day park-hoppers.

We have reserved our three FP+s for each day. I originally had tried to reserve each FP+ as a group of 5, but the times, especially A and E were ridiculous. The only times were after 9:00PM. Alison took over and reserved the FPs as individuals and we will be seeing them at 10:30 AM.
Our first day will include A and E, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and Ariel's Grotto. On Tuesday will meet the characters at the Adventurer's Outpost, Finding NEMO, and Adventures of the Lion King. Wednesday starts with BBB, then 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Tinkerbelle, Cinderella and Rapunzel at the Fairytale Hall. Our last day will include Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and Muppetvision 3D.
The two princesses and grandma will probably go to bed early so the rest of us will try to get the 4th FP+ for the evenings. Due to the crowd levels I have no idea how successful we will be. We have no ADRs as things will ne hectic enough.
We will be stopping in Gatlinburg, TN for several days before heading home. I hope that you find our TR interesting as we will be there in less than 3 weeks!

Here is an introduction to our trip - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da6EPyjXlS8&feature=youtu.be

your granddaughters are so cute. Your itinerary looks great - especially for a princess loving little girl :goodvibes

Subbing! Are you in either of the August Facebook groups by any chance? I'm travelling to the World next month too August 17th through 23rd! Looking forward to reading along :)

Thank you for the nice comments. I am probably biased, but I think they are cute also. I am on Facebook but I do not know about the August group that you mentioned, FancyNancy. We will be there in 11 days!

Joining in, They are so adorable. We use to go in August do to school schedules but no more it's to darn hot.
My kids were always cranky from the heat.
I hope you have better weather.

Love the video, my kids would watch and watch them when we returned from our trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter