Two parties at two different resorts merging vacation plans.

Bostonbeans99

DIS Veteran
Our family of 5 reserved a Deluxe Resort.
My daughters boyfriend has now also added the same week at a Value Resort.
We are linked all together including FP's and Dining etc.

I have already paid for daughter to be at our Deluxe and parkhopper tickets etc. (I did this months ago)

She now wants to stay at his hotel booked for 1.

Can she stay at his resort but stay on my reservation for 5? (I want her to be able to make charges to my hotel on her Mickey Band etc.)

And yes everyone is an adult :D

EDITED OP
(My original OP was way too long and complicated sounding)

Last edited:
I don’t really understand your dilemma. Why can’t you leave her on your reservation but she stays with him. He can ask for a KTTK Card which she can use to get in that room m
What am I missing?

The problem I thought was that I have 5 guests on my hotel and he has 1.
I don't want with the new hotel check there to be a problem if she is in his room. (although I did wonder if she showed her I.D. & that she was a paid WDW resort guest maybe it's no big deal?)

A key card is what I'm guessing you mean?
I thought Kings to the kingdom was what KTTK stood for?

Does the boyfriend have a package reservation? Or room only? If it’s a package, you are correct that all parties on the reservation must have the same package components (tickets, dining plan). If it’s a room-only with separate ticket purchase, no worries. The dining plan complicates things.

Since DD is an adult, there is an extra cost to keep her on your reservation as a 3rd adult (18+) in the room. Is your reservation a package or room-only?

To sort it out in advance, you’ll have to deal with cancelling her from your reservation (get a refund) and adding her to his (will need to pay again).

You could leave everything as-is for now. After arriving the boyfriend can add DD to his reservation at check-in. Her MB won’t work there, but they can request a key card. Dining becomes the challenge as her DDP credits will be on your reservation, so she will use her MB for ticket and dining; his DDP credits are in his room reservation. But you would still be paying the extra adult fee.

Enjoy your vacation!

No dining packages.
Yes I paid for 5 adults...... parkhopper passes and he did the same on his resort package.

Are you willing to forfeit the extra fee that you paid for an extra adult in your room (I think it's $35/night if you're not staying on points)? So that's an extra $245 for 7 nights.

If so, keep her on your reservation and just have the boyfriend get a keycard for his room (for her).

See my dilemma is not wanting to sort this out now (I would hate for them to break up or him not be able to get off work) and have to cancel.
Then I would be dealing with flipping her back to my reservation so I will leave things alone as of now.

Are you willing to forfeit the extra fee that you paid for an extra adult in your room (I think it's $35/night if you're not staying on points)? So that's an extra $245 for 7 nights.

If so, keep her on your reservation and just have the boyfriend get a keycard for his room (for her).

Thanks for your advice!
Yes I just thought since the SAME Company (Disney) is getting my money either way,...................... so why complicate on a refund or additional charge (it would be flipping it to one resort to another and the pockets are still Disney so) ...... Seems like a hassle if that needed to be done.
And yes I paid cash ...not points

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice!
Yes I just thought since the SAME Company (Disney) is getting my money either way,........................................... so why complicate the money back on one hotel and flipping it to the other hotel. Seems like a hassle if that needed to be done.
And yes I paid cash ...not points

Some people would make the change for that much $ (it shouldn't add any cost to the bf's hotel since he'd be at the 2 adults max per room without the extra cost). So, ultimately, it depends on whether one is willing to go through the hassle. It also depends on how soon the vacation is.

I don't want with the new hotel check there to be a problem if she is in his room. (although I did wonder if she showed her I.D. & that she was a paid WDW resort guest maybe it's no big deal?)

Only one guest in a room needs to show ID at the front desk, and now online checkin often yields a room-ready text many don’t even have to do that.

Disney won’t much care much if two are in his room and only 4 are in yours.

We're both doing online check in...it's so darn nice to skip that check in process.
I think that is one of my favorite parts of the vacation is when you get that text saying ready..heres your room # and resort map etc:yay:

We're both doing online check in...it's so darn nice to skip that check in process.
I think that is one of my favorite parts of the vacation is when you get that text saying ready..heres your room # and resort map etc:yay:

Just so you're aware, not everyone that does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk.

As PP's have pointed out, you are paying a $35 + tax per night extra charge to have your daughter in your room. If you put her on her boyfriend's reservation and dropped her from yours (and I would do it in that order to make sure she continues to have valid ticket media attached for the sake of the FP+), you would not pay that extra adult fee. There would be no extra adult fee in the boyfriend's room as you are allowed 2 adults without the fee added. If you don't care about saving that money, I would just keep things as they are and, when the boyfriend checks in, he can simply add your daughter to the room so she can get a room card or MB to open the room door.

Just so you're aware, not everyone that does Online Check In gets to Bypass The Front Desk.

Yes ...found that out last year when my daughter was at POR. By the time we dealt with her check in our hotel room at another resort was ready so it eventually was fine.
I am still trying to figure out why just 1 or 2 people per party can't wait in line instead of the WHOLE family. POR line was a mile long. :rolleyes2

Yes ...found that out last year when my daughter was at POR. By the time we dealt with her check in our hotel room at another resort was ready so it eventually was fine.
I am still trying to figure out why just 1 or 2 people per party can't wait in line instead of the WHOLE family. POR line was a mile long. :rolleyes2

Whenever we have to physically check in, I am the one who waits in line while the rest of the family hits the pool or gets something to eat. We've never all waited in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter