• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two one-day tickets on the same day?

Weird has the original post been edited? I was sure the first time I read it it was talking about one days on a multi day ticket . If yiu have separate one day tickets, you can do that, but it would make no sense to do so since you can add a hopper for $60 while a single day ticket is over $100.
No, I haven't edited it - I specifically was wondering about the situation where you are using two totally separate tickets, not two days from the same multi-day ticket.

And yes I know it doesn't make economic sense and know how the pricing works. But I could imagine someone who has two 1-day 1-park tickets for some reason and wanted to use them on the same day.

Last edited:
Weird has the original post been edited? I was sure the first time I read it it was talking about one days on a multi day ticket . If yiu have separate one day tickets, you can do that, but it would make no sense to do so since you can add a hopper for $60 while a single day ticket is over $100.
No, there is no "last edited" time stamp on the post. I also responded 2 minutes after the original post, and can confirm it's not been edited. I think a lot of posters are misreading the original post, which is why there seems to be confusion.

In short, since the OP has two separate sets of tickets, they can enter different parks on the same day. You cannot use a second day on a multi-day ticket to enter a different park on the same day. You must add on the park hopper option to multi-day tickets if you want to go to a different park within the same day.

Example:
I buy a one day ticket on May 10th. I buy another one day ticket on June 6th. On July 8th, I go to Magic Kingdom in the morning with the May 10th ticket. I go to Epcot in the afternoon with the June 6th ticket. This is allowed. But if I have a 2 day ticket with no park hopper option, I can only go to one park each day.

We have a 6 day, NON park hopper tickets...we do not park hop with the young kids. However, on one day of our upcoming trip, we plan to do a park in the AM, then a different park in the PM. Instead of purchasing PH at like an extra 400+ bucks, we just extended to a 7 day ticket at very minimum price difference. So 7 "tickets" for 7 separate park entrances during our stay.
This is not allowable. Otherwise, everyone would do this.

Wait so if I'm a day guest and walk up to MK ticket window at 8am and buy a single ticket I can't later walk up and buy another single day ticket for the same day at another Park?
Yes you can do that, but as PP points out, its not cost effective.

The only way that makes sense is if the person has previously purchased tickets sitting in their account, and are willing to just burn both of them, instead of turning one into a park hopper and save the other one. Still would end up costing them more overall though, just delaying the extra cost to the next trip when they won't have that second ticket to use. And can't make fastpasses for the second park of course, unless they transfer the second ticket to another profile.

100% agree it's not cost effective. But still just curious if it's allowed (which consensus seems to be - yes)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter