Two not-so-young and not-so-lucky princesses Christmas Trip 7.12/ 11.12 Day 1

giuly09

it made me feel like i was the queen....
So, here we are, after we had been talking, thinking, dreamin of this mum and daughter trip, it was the day to leave :cool1:

We woke up pretty early as our flight was at 9 pm but the trip from out town Siena to Pisa airport takes about 1 hour 40 and we did not want to risk to be late...
Car trip to the airport was pretty uneventful (but for a speed camera flashing so i don't know if an unwanted paper will reach me by post...:guilty:)and we got there on perfect time..

Flight was on time to and we girls pretty excited on our way to Paris

20141207_083415_zps4ef3201d.jpg

we got to Orly about 20 mins before the supposed arrival time, RS transport was on time too and we reached the Kyriad in about 45 mins,
check in was speedy too and as our room was not ready yet, we left our luggages in the luggage storage and got our way to the Parks.

You may remember i had changed our booking at Invention because we were worried we could had been late but we actually got there about two hours before and so decided to head to the Studios first as that day as the only one Rock and Roller Coaster would had been opened before five days stop for refurbishment.
We stopped for a snack as we were hungry and then got a RnR Coaster Fast Pass for 3 pm as the queue was pretty long.
We then decided to go and explore the new Ratatouille area walking by Tower of Terror to check the waiting time there ..... and that's where the tragedy started..

I was walking in front and my mum was behind me so i can't really say what happened, i suppose she tramped in some else's feet as it was pretty crowded, i could only see her falling badly. People helped her getting up and she claimed at first she was ok but after a short walk she started saying her elbow was painful and she could not walk properly as her left leg was painful too.
We stopped for a while and when she tried to walk the pain in her upper leg was worse and she wobbled. we stopped again and wondered if it would had been better to visit first aid before lunchtime so we slowly took our way there.
I have to say they were lovely, the man who took us in charge visited my mum carefully, said he tought the elbow was the bad bit and the leg was just a pulled muscle but anyway he suggested to go to emergency for x rays. My mum says no, we wanted to go to the brunch and then to emergency.
He said ok and got ready the papers we had to sign to leave first aid but then my mum changed her mind and said pain was so bad she needed to be checked.
A car picked us up at first aid and drove us to the Marne La Valle hospital, just five mins drive away DLRP, where we spent 6 hours... most of them waiting for something to happen... anyway she had x rays, doctor could speak very little english and we can speak very little french so we just understood the lebow was broken and needed
an operation but could not really understand what was wrong with the leg so rang my cousin who is a doctor here in Italy and sent him the picture of the x rays and he told us it was just a pulled muscle that anyway would had took some times to heal.
Eventually we could leave the hospital, we had been told to ring back Disney when we had finished and the driver came back to pick us, we said we wanted to go to the Village to get some dinner as we had not been eating anything all day long and so we drove us just behind Annette's using some secret roads..
Mum was in pain with her leg so we asked for a table dowstairs and were sat pretty quickly.
Annette has always been one of my favourite and was not disappointed this time either, we chose the menu and i had the avocado burger and then a brownie, can't remeber the name of my mum's burger i am sorry..

DSCN0271_zps5f34d01a.jpg

DSCN0272_zpsc66e26a7.jpg

DSCN0273_zpse133305f.jpg

After dinner we had a job going to the train station to catch a taxi and back to the kyriad.

I picked up the lugagges and got the room key. I then asked the receptionist if it would had been possible for me, because of my mum's accident, to bring her breakfast in the room and the answer was *no* it's not possible to bring food away the breakfast room even though it was ok to buy cappuccino and a snack from the vending machine...

I did not insist even though it sounded pretty silly to me because the reason was serious and not just lazyness.
We somehow got to our room and so my mum could lay herself down and rest.
It was not the way we had been dreaming about our first day at DLRP and we did not know what the next day would had been... i suggested we could had tried and ring Easyjet to ask if it could had been possible to catch a flight to Italy the next day but she said NO i am going to stay here but you have to try and had fun or i will feel completely guilty about it.
We were both pretty tired after that long very bad day so decided to try and sleep and see how we would had felt the day after...

Just a bit about our room... we had asked for a room with two single beds...and that's what we got but the room was very small, the bathrom was ok but some bits of it would had needed some refurbishment.
The Kyriad itself is a lovely hotel, staff pretty friendly but we will stay there again if we have the chance but compared to the Dream Castle were i staied two years ago, well the Kyriad looks pretty poor...

So end of day one...i promise day two will be more interesting and less depressing..

Thanks Giuly for sharing. :goodvibes I had that burger in Annettes - I love avocado so would always choose it where available.

Can't believe the Kyriad were so inflexible with your poor mum injured. :confused3

Look forward to reading more.

Hope your mum's feeling better :hug:

Look forward to hearing how the rest of the trip went :)

O no what a terrible thing to happen to your poor mom.....and how insensitive of the hotel not to allow a tray be brought to your room :sad2:

Hope the rest of your trip gets better!

Once again, I'm so sorry about your mums accident. That is not a good way to start a vacation, but I'm looking forward to hear about the next days :-)

Once again, I'm so sorry about your mums accident. That is not a good way to start a vacation, but I'm looking forward to hear about the next days :-)

Thanks Stephanie,

day 2 is already here and yes, it got better ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter