Two dreams in one day!!

TigerKat

DIS Veteran
Just back yesterday from a great week. On our first day Sunday, 11/19, we went to EPCOT. We headed straight to Soarin, which we thought was fabulous, then to my fave Mission Space, there was only a 20 minute wait, so we decided to ride stand-by. While in line we were given Dream Fastpasses for the day. (I'm convinced it was my lime green t-shirt that caught his eye). We were able to use the fastpasses on Honey,I Shrunk the Audience, Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin, Living with the Land and Maelstrom. We were really spoiled after that day.

About an hour after receiving the fastpasses we were exiting Living with the Land and were grabbed and pulled aside very quickly and were told "You won again". They put blue bracelets which read "Your dream magic hour begins in Showcase Plaza" on us and buttons(pins) which read "Where My Dream Came True" and were told to be in showcase plaza at 8:45 that night.That's all they would tell us. We later ran into some others with the pins and bracelets and they weren't told what would happen either. Very mysterious!

Well when we got to Showcase Plaza there was an area roped off for us to view Illuminations. I had tears flowing during Illuminations, the feeling was truly magical, like a dream came true!

After Illuminations we were told to remain seated until "the regular people" exited the park. We were told that there were 1500 of us selected for this special evening. After some brief stand up comedy, Mickey and the gang arrived by bus to lead us into Future World for one hour of magic all to ourselves. It was incredible. We raced to Test Track and ran right in. 1500 people may sound like a lot, but in EPCOT, we were like little ants marching around and having a blast.

Then about 15 minutes into our hour the power went out, everything went totally dark, the generators kicked in and were were lit up again, but the rides were down for the night. We were told it was not just a Disney wide power outage, but a central Florida outage. They gave us fast passes for the ride we were in line for. Yes our magic was cut short and boy did some people complain and whine, but we were so happy to be a part of this night, nothing could wipe the smile off of my face as we strolled back to the Boardwalk.

disneyworld021.jpg

Wow, what a great story! the best part about it is how appreciative you were to Disney for these special gifts :)

I am so happy to hear that your family was gifted during your trip! I know all of the planning that goes into a DIsney vacation, but it is the unexpected that increases the magic. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

TigerKat said:
Just back yesterday from a great week. On our first day Sunday, 11/19, we went to EPCOT. We headed straight to Soarin, which we thought was fabulous, then to my fave Mission Space, there was only a 20 minute wait, so we decided to ride stand-by. While in line we were given Dream Fastpasses for the day. (I'm convinced it was my lime green t-shirt that caught his eye). We were able to use the fastpasses on Honey,I Shrunk the Audience, Test Track, Mission Space, Soarin, Living with the Land and Maelstrom. We were really spoiled after that day.

About an hour after receiving the fastpasses we were exiting Living with the Land and were grabbed and pulled aside very quickly and were told "You won again". They put blue bracelets which read "Your dream magic hour begins in Showcase Plaza" on us and buttons(pins) which read "Where My Dream Came True" and were told to be in showcase plaza at 8:45 that night.That's all they would tell us. We later ran into some others with the pins and bracelets and they weren't told what would happen either. Very mysterious!

Well when we got to Showcase Plaza there was an area roped off for us to view Illuminations. I had tears flowing during Illuminations, the feeling was truly magical, like a dream came true!

After Illuminations we were told to remain seated until "the regular people" exited the park. We were told that there were 1500 of us selected for this special evening. After some brief stand up comedy, Mickey and the gang arrived by bus to lead us into Future World for one hour of magic all to ourselves. It was incredible. We raced to Test Track and ran right in. 1500 people may sound like a lot, but in EPCOT, we were like little ants marching around and having a blast.

Then about 15 minutes into our hour the power went out, everything went totally dark, the generators kicked in and were were lit up again, but the rides were down for the night. We were told it was not just a Disney wide power outage, but a central Florida outage. They gave us fast passes for the ride we were in line for. Yes our magic was cut short and boy did some people complain and whine, but we were so happy to be a part of this night, nothing could wipe the smile off of my face as we strolled back to the Boardwalk.

That's great! We also won a prize. Last tuesday we won dream fastpasses at Magic Kingdom!

What day was the power outage. I noticed Friday night that the lights were not shining on Spaceship Earth that night after illuminations. We went to see illuminations especially for the christmas fireworks.
Great to see the inferno barge also.

:cool1: That just makes me want to go to Disney all the more. I am hooked on the place. Trying to figure it out. Just being there for my family is a magical dream.
:yay:

What an amazing dream! Kinda bummed about the lights for you, though...

How cool was that, that they kept it a secret until you got there. Talk about generating excitement!

This is what I love about Disney! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter