Two Disney cruises in a year too much?

My wife and I did 3 7 night Fantasy cruises last year. All were supposed to be Eastern with same ports. The first was in Feb with just the two of us for our 40th anniversary. The second was in July, again to celebrate our 40th, but this time with our 4 adult children and their families. The 3rd was just the two of us again, on a Merrytime cruise the week before Christmas. That one ended up being a Western due to hurricane damage to the Eastern islands. The cruises were mostly picked based on when they were, rather than where they were going. The summer cruise was scheduled based on school schedules from three different states. My wife's work schedule it tied to our local school calendar, so we choose the week before Christmas when they started their 2 week winter break.

Since one is Alaska I'd say no it's not too much. It's a very different cruise from the ones that leave Florida. :cloud9:

We have done 2 Disney cruises a year a few times now. In fact we have even done 3 in under a year a few times too. I never felt it was redundant or a waste. Every cruise is a new experience. :)

We have also been doing two cruises a year. One in Feb for Super Bowl, and one in Oct for Halloween.
We are retired and DH prefers the cruises over the parks.

We just did 2 cruises in 2 months. A Merrytime on the Dream in December and then a Southern Caribbean on the Wonder in January. It made leaving the first cruise easier knowing that we had another cruise to look forward to in less than a month.

We are doing a 7 night cruise on the Dream in October 2018 and Alaska on the Wonder in May 2019. Can't get enough!

We are set for 4 disney Cruises this year alone. Two of them were back to back in the same cabin. So, no, two is not too much! :sail:

We did two in 2017, are doing two in 2018 and have two booked for 2019. I'd do more if funds and time allowed!

We booked our first ever Disney Cruise for November 7 night Western Caribbean in November 2018. The stars aligned and we have the funds and the time off to do an Alaska cruise in May 2019. The family all wants to do a Disney Cruise on the Wonder (we have never cruised before), but I am wondering if we should try something (gasp) non-Disney because we will have just done a Disney Cruise. Note we are going to Disney Land in 2018 and World in 2019.

Here are my key considerations:

- My son is 6 and has Down syndrome. I would like somewhere he can enjoy. I know he will LOVE Disney characters and the kid’s club, but might not be able to go alone. Royal Caribbean sounds like they can accommodate this.
- I will have a 9 year old and 11 year old who will want to be together in a kid’s area.
- We also will have a 2 year old. No babysitting required for her, but I want her to have fun.
- My 11-year old wants characters
- I want to experience Alaska. I would love a naturalist onboard who can point out birds and teach us about Alaska.
- We need a lot to do for kids on the cruise, but want things the entire family (2, 6, 9, and 11).

My family is sold on Disney, but I am wondering if it will be redundant having just gone - not to mention we will have inside staterooms and could do balcony on NCl or RC for the same price. Any advice?

I am probably biased in my answer...but no...two a year is fine. :)
In 2016 we did 5, in 2017 we did 4 and in 2018 we have taken 2 already with 2 more coming up in April and September...and it is only March. lol

Alaska does not work schedule wise for us unfortunately and we would sail on RCL or Princess to leave from Seattle instead of Vancouver.
Transatlantic would be awesome but we just cannot get away for that long...own a business and just challenging for flights for 4 of us.

Enjoy your cruises :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter