Two days in MK with toddler or split 1/1 with another park or waterpark?

swissfamilytreehouse

Earning My Ears
I am going to Disney with my in-laws, who are in their 70s/80s, and am a little worried that because of their slower pace we won't be able to cover too much in one day at MK. I was contemplating taking my 2.5 year old the first day just me and him, then going back the next day with them.

This is late next month, and am also wondering if it is going to be so hot (not to mention I'll be 5 months pregnant) that we should skip trying to do too much and go for a waterpark instead on the one day. OR, another option is AK.
What do you think?

I love the idea of going one day by yourselves first. Then spend the second day at a much slower pace watching shows and doing less intense rides. I love a slow pace at Disney sometimes, just as long as I have other times to go full steam ahead (as much as you can with a 2 1/2 year old).

I think pregnant , in hot crowded July , with a toddler means going slow anyway! It might be fun doing one day with just the two of you and one with your parents if they are not interested in doing two days. If you are staying at a resort with a decent pool, a two year old would probably be just as happy there as a water park and it sounds like slides would not be used by anyone in your party. I would plan super super well and utilize FP to the max. Be at rope drop, take afternoon breaks and then maybe return in the evening at least one night to see Happily Ever After if you have not seen it. Amazing show.

I think pregnant , in hot crowded July , with a toddler means going slow anyway! It might be fun doing one day with just the two of you and one with your parents if they are not interested in doing two days. If you are staying at a resort with a decent pool, a two year old would probably be just as happy there as a water park and it sounds like slides would not be used by anyone in your party. I would plan super super well and utilize FP to the max. Be at rope drop, take afternoon breaks and then maybe return in the evening at least one night to see Happily Ever After if you have not seen it. Amazing show.

This was exactly my thinking. Our resort has a ridiculously cool splash park and huge pool, playground, etc., and my son nor I can ride waterslides at the moment, so I think we'll wait on the waterparks till he's older. What sealed the deal was finding out that I'd not have to spend much more on that extra day at MK than I would at a waterpark, because of the peak 1-day markup. Got my 2-day/1-park pass.

We just got back with a 1.5 year old. We planned for two days and actually went back for a third on our departure day. Knowing we had more time made it easier for us to head back to the hotel for naps/leave the park when it was her bedtime (though we did stay later one night because she was in a good mood and seemed up for it), and just generally move more at her speed than ours. I was really glad we had the extra time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter