Two DAS pass users…

kayl7

Earning My Ears
Hi folks!

My husband and I are travelling to Disney World with our toddler. For different reasons we are both eligible for DAS, but I’m unsure if / whether we can both apply for it…

My aim would be to select pre-selected rides that all three of us can ride on together (ie all ages / no height requirement rides), and then use DAS and Genie to ride ‘adult’ rides taking it in turns to ride, therefore we would both need our own passes to do this as we can’t ride together while taking care of our wee one anyway. But I wasn’t sure if having two separate passes but trying to select the same pre selected return times works?

Any advice gratefully received ❤️

Hi folks!

My husband and I are travelling to Disney World with our toddler. For different reasons we are both eligible for DAS, but I’m unsure if / whether we can both apply for it…

My aim would be to select pre-selected rides that all three of us can ride on together (ie all ages / no height requirement rides), and then use DAS and Genie to ride ‘adult’ rides taking it in turns to ride, therefore we would both need our own passes to do this as we can’t ride together while taking care of our wee one anyway. But I wasn’t sure if having two separate passes but trying to select the same pre selected return times works?

Any advice gratefully received ❤️
for help with your answer look up "rider swap". also you did not ask but check out stroller as a wheelchair tag if that would help you in line with your toddler for rides you all ride. it is mostly used for kids but it can also be used to help the adults

Short answer: Yes, you can both request and use a DAS.

Trying to coordinate the Advanced Selections could be tricky. Do you each have your own MDE or do you share 1 log-in? If shared, that might make it easier because you could do the request call together.

Rider Swap will allow you to both ride, one at a time while the other waits with the toddler. You could do this with just 1 DAS; both would get a return time but the DAS-holder must ride first while the other waits and rides with the Rider Swap. If you get 2 DAS, each of you will obtain a DAS return time for the same attraction; no need for Rider Swap.

for help with your answer look up "rider swap". also you did not ask but check out stroller as a wheelchair tag if that would help you in line with your toddler for rides you all ride. it is mostly used for kids but it can also be used to help the adults
I’m not sure rider swap is really what we’re after as both of us require DAS and can’t queue for significant periods, and as I understand it with rider swap, the first person would be queuing as normal before the second person skips the queue?

I’m not sure rider swap is really what we’re after as both of us require DAS and can’t queue for significant periods, and as I understand it with rider swap, the first person would be queuing as normal before the second person skips the queue?
Not if the first rider uses DAS?

Short answer: Yes, you can both request and use a DAS.

Trying to coordinate the Advanced Selections could be tricky. Do you each have your own MDE or do you share 1 log-in? If shared, that might make it easier because you could do the request call together.

Rider Swap will allow you to both ride, one at a time while the other waits with the toddler. You could do this with just 1 DAS; both would get a return time but the DAS-holder must ride first while the other waits and rides with the Rider Swap. If you get 2 DAS, each of you will obtain a DAS return time for the same attraction; no need for Rider Swap.
Thanks so much for clarifying - I hadn’t realised after the DAS person rides, you can still use rider swap. I had thought it was one or the other. Given the complications with two people sorting pre selected rides, maybe it will be easier that one of us just gets our DAS pass, as it’s very unlikely we’ll be splitting off and doing separate rides anyway…

Thank you for your help 🙏

Not if the first rider uses DAS?
Yes sorry I hadn’t realised you could use both in tandem! I thought if you didn’t ride with the DAS person, then you couldn’t ride at all! Good they have a system to make this work for people with disabilities AND who need rider swap for children.

you would use one of the DAS for first rider then the second rider uses the rider swap if I understand right. check and see if I am right. you will not be able to line up at same time if little one is too short as child will not be allowed in line even if not riding

Make sure you schedule both of you on the rides if you are using das with rider swap. Then make sure you go together to where the das Passholder taps in and tell the attendant you are using DAS with rider swap too so they can put the rider swap on the second person’s band (who is waiting with the child.)

Given the complications with two people sorting pre selected rides, maybe it will be easier that one of us just gets our DAS pass
What you could do is pre-registration for 1 DAS and get your Advanced Selections set for everybody. Then after you arrive at the first park, get the other DAS. I don't think it will impact the Advanced Selections.

Rider Swap is only available for rides with a height restriction. If there are other rides your little won't do, you could do a swap on your own, each riding on your own DAS Return Times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter