• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two Breakfast Questions

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi All!

We are planning at spring break trip to WDW at the end of March. DH and I will have DS #2 plus a buddy of his, and we are staying at Pop Century. We've been to WDW many times, but we've never done a TS breakfast meal. We usually do simple things in the room (think cereal, Pop Tarts, bagels, etc.) for breakfast and we do TS meals for either lunch or dinner. So, here are my two questions:

1. Who has the best breakfast TS meal? We would be open to going to any park or any resort, assuming the breakfast is awesome. The teen boys like pancakes, waffles, and all the usual breakfasty things.

2. For those who do a TS breakfast meal when at WDW, is it stressful doing this first thing in the morning? I'm worried we'll all be antsy to get going to the parks, which is why we've never done a TS meal for breakfast! :D

Any advice anyone has would be awesome! TIA!

I personally think the best breakfast on property is at Topolino’s Terrace. Despite the fact that it’s a character meal, the food is outstanding.

So, there are lots of answers to your questions. In my humble breakfast opinion, and in no particular order, Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge), Topolinos (Riviera), Tusker House (Animal Kingdom Park), Ale & Compass (Yacht Club Resort) and Chef Mickey's (Contemporary) have the best breakfasts. I've also heard that Trattoria al Forno (Boardwalk Resort) has a good breakfast, but I have not experienced it myself. ALL that being said, we always try to put our TS breakfast on an EPCOT day since it opens later....easier on those of us who watch the clock. OR we, in the case of Tusker House, have a later breakfast (after 2 or 3 rides) and then we often don't have a lunch or have something light. You'll obviously have to see which menus line up best with your party, but any of these are great!

Whispering Canyon Cafe was our favorite last trip, funny good food , Great Cast Members.

People will have lots of opinions on what’s best, but when we do a breakfast TS, we usually do a 10:00/10:30. We still do rope drop and then go do breakfast once the crowds start to get going. This might help that park antsy feeling.

After breakfast we usually explor the resort a little and then head to a new park. Sadly now, because of 2 pm park hopping, maybe we will go back to our original park for a little or take our midday break early and close a different park out. Who knows lol.

oh also we do not do big breakfasts on Park Days. We do around 10 am

Our favorite breakfasts currently open are Boma at AKL, WCC at WL, and Ale & Compass at YC. We make an early ADR as soon as the restaurant opens and get to the park as soon as we can after do not worry if we don’t make the early entry or rope drop. On our most recent trip in Nov did Boma on a AK day, WCC on a MK day, and did Ale on a HS day. For each of those we took a cab from our resort.

In my opinion one of the best breakfast TS hasn't re-opened yet (Garden Grill).

I've heard good things about Tusker House breakfast, Toppolino's.

I can't function without a decent breakfast, so I stress out more about eating breakfast than about riding rides.

We did Topolino's as our last meal before we left yesterday and omg 🤤 and it's all you care to enjoy - my husband ordered 2 of the steak breakfasts and they didn't bat an eye! Easily the best meal we had during our trip.

*pours one out for the old Garden Grill breakfast*

The best breakfast doesn't exist anymore. I guess Chef Mickey's or some place like that would do. We do plan to go at a slower pace on days when we do TS breakfasts

*pours one out for the old Garden Grill breakfast*

The best breakfast doesn't exist anymore. I guess Chef Mickey's or some place like that would do. We do plan to go at a slower pace on days when we do TS breakfasts
Agreed. I loved eating breakfast in the parks. Bummed it isn’t really an option anymore.

1. Who has the best breakfast TS meal? We would be open to going to any park or any resort, assuming the breakfast is awesome. The teen boys like pancakes, waffles, and all the usual breakfasty things.

2. For those who do a TS breakfast meal when at WDW, is it stressful doing this first thing in the morning? I'm worried we'll all be antsy to get going to the parks, which is why we've never done a TS meal for breakfast! :D

Since you're staying at Pop Century, I would suggest Topolino’s on an Epcot day. Take the Skyliner from Pop to Riviera. Have an awesome breakfast with great views and unique character outfits. We were able, even encouraged, to order multiple entrees for the $42 cost in December. After breakfast, just hop on the Skyliner to Epcot for an 11am park opening.

I’m not positive, but the Skyliner should run from the Caribbean Beach station to Riviera about an hour prior to Hollywood Studios park opening.

As a second option, try Tusker House around 10:30am on your AK day. You can get to the park early and get a few rides in standby (Flight of Passage or Kilimanjaro Safari), take a break for breakfast, and then enjoy the rest of the day.

My third option would be ‘Ohana on MK day. Bus to MK then boat or monorail to the Poly. Could either eat first or do early entry and take break for late breakfast. Whispering Canyon Cafe would be similar, but the boat ride takes a little longer.

As you can probably tell, I consider the logistics of getting to the restaurant and the park when planning our meals. There’s nothing worse than wasting time on transportation and I don’t like spending money on ride-shares since it’s pricey for more than 4 people.

We did Topolino's as our last meal before we left yesterday and omg 🤤 and it's all you care to enjoy - my husband ordered 2 of the steak breakfasts and they didn't bat an eye! Easily the best meal we had during our trip.
Definitely best meal of our trip too. Our party of 6 (mostly adults) ordered 2 entrees each including 3 hangar steaks that were delicious. Pasties and POG juice were good too. Painter Mickey, Writer Minnie, Sculptor Donald, and Ballerina Daisy were very cute and entertaining, even with the social distancing.

If the boys can get up early I would rope drop a park and then choose one of the brunch options. We like Chef Mickeys without the buffet and you can get late reservations for breakfast.

Topolino's and Steakhouse 71 but Homecomin' has pretty great brunch, starting at 9am. Ravello, at the Four Seasons, is simple and very relaxing.

If the boys can get up early I would rope drop a park and then choose one of the brunch options. We like Chef Mickeys without the buffet and you can get late reservations for breakfast.
I second the timing but would recommend Whispering Canyon after rope drop at MK. They now have a unified breakfast/lunch menu, and if they're big eaters the skillet would be a great option. Boat ride from MK to WL is really nice.

OHana has a good breakfast. Anytime we’ve done breakfast there, it was a late one. 11am or later. We would rope drop magic kingdom, get a bunch of rides in and take the boat over to Poly from MK. Tusker House is good for a later breakfast too. We would just have cereal or yogurt in the room to tide us over and have brunch and usually be full for the rest of the day.
We don’t do early sit down breakfasts other than pre Covid when places like Be our Guest and Garden Grill still served breakfast and you could get a reservation before the park opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter