Two bedroom suites

lei8809

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone

I'm new to the boards so hopefully I'm doing this right. I couldn't find any other answer that was quite the same so forgive me if I just didn't find it.

Does anybody know of any two bedroom suite hotels near Disneyland?

I've found some but but exactly what I'm looking for. We're taking a trip in early December for Christmas! However, we're taking extended family: it'll be me, DH, DS, my mother, aunt, and two cousins. We're paying for the hotel so we'd like to keep costs down but DH and I kind of want our own room. So, ideally it would be us in one room, my mother and aunt in another room (or even the "main" part of the room) and cousins could be on a sofa bed.

Most places have either one big room with two beds and a sofa bed or a living room area and two beds in the bedroom area. So, anybody know of any with a private bedroom? I found the Islander inn that looks nice so I was wondering also if anyone had any experience with them.

We've thought about two rooms but family wants to stay together and most of the cases I've found two would come out more expensive (i.e. One suite for $125 vs 2 for $95 each).

Sorry for the long post and thank you for any help.

Desert inn and suites has 2 bedrooms. We have a suite booked their end of Nov- beginnging Dec. It got good reviews when I asked on here. Del sol inn has suites available too I believe.

Have you looked at the Residence Inn (on Clementine, I think)? Also, if you're willing to be a bit further away (but there is an ART shuttle), the Embassy Suites Garden Grove may have what you're looking for.

Residence Inn has a Penthouse suite with a king bed upstairs, 2 queens in a bedroom downstairs, and a sofa sleeper. It also has 2 baths.

They also have 2 bedrooms all on one floor, one queen in one room, 2 queens in a second bedroom, sofa sleeper in the main room, and enough room for an air bed if you want for extra bedding.

You'll probably get better selection of hotels and better rates looking for 2 regular hotel rooms with a connecting door.

Residence Inn has a Penthouse suite with a king bed upstairs, 2 queens in a bedroom downstairs, and a sofa sleeper. It also has 2 baths.

They also have 2 bedrooms all on one floor, one queen in one room, 2 queens in a second bedroom, sofa sleeper in the main room, and enough room for an air bed if you want for extra bedding.

Just be aware with the RI Penthouse suites that the upstairs "room" is a loft. It is NOT fully enclosed but rather has a half height wall that looks down on the living room/kitchen area below. There is a bathroom up there (which IS fully enclosed :blush:) but it can be a problem if whoever is sleeping up there wants to go to bed before others who may be hanging out in the living area (or even sleeping on the sofabed in the living room).
The other bedroom is fully enclosed and quite spacious. We easily fit two additional twin beds (air mattresses) in that room when we had this suite type and had 3 families sharing the suite. I do love the free breakfasts at RI but the DL one is quite the madhouse (as you might expect) in the morning-just be prepared. Can be hard to get a table to sit down (though you can take the food back to your room too).

I agree that you should investigate hotels where you can get adjoining rooms as another possibility. Sorry I don't have any great suggestions for which ones that might be.

You'll probably get better selection of hotels and better rates looking for 2 regular hotel rooms with a connecting door.

We've done this at the Sheraton Anaheim. We had one room connected to my parents' room, and my sister and her 2 boys had an adjoining room. Plenty of space, separate bathrooms for each room, everybody happy. And with the AAA rate, it was quite cost effective.

Both the Residence Inn Maingate & the Residence Inn Garden Grove are great. RIMG is within walking distance, but it is a 10-15 minute walk. RIGG is not walking distance, but sometimes it's better to just drive and pay the $15 for parking. That way you can leave and come back. Both have full kitchens, and free full breakfast. The breakfast alone is worth at least $50 a day if your family likes to eat a full breakfast. Only had the 1 bedroom at RIMG, but had the 2 bedroom/2 bath at RIGG. 2 bedroom had a king in one, sleeper sofa in the LR, and two single beds in the other bedroom. 6 people...no problem...any more than that, and it may get a little crowded.

PS- if you know someone who can get you the friends and family rate, it can be very cheap! We're going in December and got the 1 bedroom suite for $89 a night at the RIGG.

I do love the free breakfasts at RI but the DL one is quite the madhouse (as you might expect) in the morning-just be prepared. Can be hard to get a table to sit down (though you can take the food back to your room too).
We usually take ours back to the room too. Another option is to take it out by the pool. There are a few tables out there, and few do that. I actually prefer it.

In addition to the two Residence Inns, you might be able to rent a 2BR or 3BR condo from an owner at one of the area timeshares: WorldMark Anaheim and Dolphin's Cove (which has both Wyndham and WorldMark inventory.) We have a 3BR booked at DC for President's Week. It is not within walking distance to DLR, but is served by ART and is walking distance to the Toy Story lot, which has continuous shuttle service.

The Hyatt OC has two bedroom suites that include two full bedrooms (including bathrooms - you can get king + 2 queens or both rooms with 2 queens), connected by a living room area with a queen sofabed. So it's like having two hotel rooms plus a living room, all with just one entry door. It's a great hotel, super clean and nice, Starbucks in the lobby, right across the street from Target which is handy for getting snacks, water, etc. Most of the time kids eat lunch and dinner free at the hotel. You would not want to walk to the parks from there but there is a shuttle that runs every half hour and it's a quick ride to the parks. Make sure you ask for the "suites on sale" price.

The La Quinta Inn & Suites and Staybridge also have 2-bedroom suites. My preference is the Residence Inn Maingate. If you are going to spend any time at one of these places, I like that one.

If you are looking for something right across the street (talking 5-10 minute walk) then you might try the 2 connecting bedrooms at Camelot Inn or one of the other hotels in that area.

We stayed at the Residence Inn Maingate on Clementine last year in the Penthouse Suite. It is awesome! I would definitely recommend it. Although it's just a loft, there is still a lot of privacy up there. But it's not usually cheaper than two rooms, so it might not be the place to go if you're looking at keeping costs down. We decided to get two rooms when we go next year at either HoJo or Ramada because it is cheaper that way.

Thanks everyone for all your responses! I can't believe I got so many this quickly or this informative. This is awesome.

There are definitely a lot of suggestions that I hadn't found on my own. I'm definitely going to be spending today looking into all of them.

One suggestion in particular that I hadn't thought of was the timeshare option. I actually have another cousin who offered to rent through her RCI (I think) timeshare yesterday. She's going to send us the login info later. I don't want to be pushy and I appreciate the offer but I know it'll probably be awhile before she gets back to me so I'll ask here.

Does anyone know if the WorldMark and Dolphin's Cove would be booked this early or would we still have time? We're planning on going Dec 4-9. I've just read a few mixed reviews but I'm also wondering if maybe they're so popular that I shouldn't even bother thinking we'd get it. She did say it's much cheaper though.

Staybridge Suites is another option. It also comes with free breakfast, which is always a plus.

Does anyone know if the WorldMark and Dolphin's Cove would be booked this early or would we still have time? We're planning on going Dec 4-9. I've just read a few mixed reviews but I'm also wondering if maybe they're so popular that I shouldn't even bother thinking we'd get it. She did say it's much cheaper though.

The Dolphins Cove has no availability at all. Worldmark Anaheim has a 1 bedroom or studio for your dates. A 2 bedroom twin is available for each night except Friday the 7th. You could go on a waiting list and hope that night opens up. The closer it gets, the more full the resort will get, so I'd book asap if you really want to use it.

I forgot to mention, the 2 bedrooms have a limit of 6 people. There are no 3 bedrooms available for your dates. I believe the one bedrooms allow 4 to a room.

When we travel in a large group we like the 2 bedroom suites at the Desert Inn. Its two totally seperate rooms and you can either get two full baths or one and a half baths. We do the full to save on shower time. They're prices are great too if you book far enough in advance. They do charge for parking, like most hotels now on Harbor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter