Two Bedroom at Beach Club

RooRach0906

"Oh Goody, Horray!"
Ok I dont want to be disappointed or feel crowded.

My sister's family, her, her husband, DD14 and DD8, and my family, DH, DD4 and myself, were considering staying together for our family reunion trip in Sept 2014. We know that we would all need to arrive and leave the same day and about all have to get or not get the dining plan.

My sister has stayed at AKV dedicated two bedroom one time but I have only done 1 bedrooms and studios, by the way we think I studio is crowded for the 3 of us.

My question is though.. Will there be enough room for us to hang out in the living room some together w/o being crowded? Is it going to be crowded in general? Any other things we need to consider?

If you have been in a 1 bedroom, you know the size of the common areas of a 2 bedroom.

Some people like space, others would feel like the area is too big and wasteful.

:earsboy: Bill

I think if 4 adults and 3 kids want enough space to hang out in the living area all together the best resort is OKW!

Ok I dont want to be disappointed or feel crowded.

My sister's family, her, her husband, DD14 and DD8, and my family, DH, DD4 and myself, were considering staying together for our family reunion trip in Sept 2014. We know that we would all need to arrive and leave the same day and about all have to get or not get the dining plan.

My sister has stayed at AKV dedicated two bedroom one time but I have only done 1 bedrooms and studios, by the way we think I studio is crowded for the 3 of us.

My question is though.. Will there be enough room for us to hang out in the living room some together w/o being crowded? Is it going to be crowded in general? Any other things we need to consider?

Have you ever stayed together before? You'd have enough sleeping spaces, but who would get the master and who would get the second bedroom? If you don't own at BCV, you might not get the dedicated two bedroom with two queen beds in the second bedroom (only 25 of them and you have to book them at 11 months out). You might wind up with a dedicated two bedroom villa with one queen bed and one double sized sleeper sofa in the second bedroom - similar to the lockoff, but no kitchenette or exit to the corridor.

Deb & Bill said:
Have you ever stayed together before? You'd have enough sleeping spaces, but who would get the master and who would get the second bedroom? If you don't own at BCV, you might not get the dedicated two bedroom with two queen beds in the second bedroom (only 25 of them and you have to book them at 11 months out). You might wind up with a dedicated two bedroom villa with one queen bed and one double sized sleeper sofa in the second bedroom - similar to the lockoff, but no kitchenette or exit to the corridor.

My sister, all the kids and I have stayed together before. We all get along as the kids are spaced where they dont really fight plus the both husbands get along really well.

Most likely my sister and her husband who get the master and our family of 3 would get the second bedroom as they would be funding majority of the pts.

Most likely my sister and her husband who get the master and our family of 3 would get the second bedroom as they would be funding majority of the pts.

okay you say that studios were too small. most of the second bedroom at BCV is the studio. only 22 dedicated have 2 queen beds and those are very hard to get.

would agree with tinkfan would say if you want to do this go with OKW.

bcv is beautiful and a great resort - but the 2-bedrooms are not nearly as big as the ones at OKW.

If I was going to do this I'd do it at Kidani. Studio is bigger, lounge is bigger, three bathrooms. The beach club lounges are on the small side if using for sleeping.

I've had 6 adults in a dedicated 2 bedroom (1 queen and 1 sofa bed in second bedroom) at BCV and it worked fine. If you're going in nice weather, I know that I love the location and SAB pool at BCV, that I would make the dedicated 2 bedroom work, or else, I would even book 2 1 bedrooms, just to be in the location.

okay you say that studios were too small. most of the second bedroom at BCV is the studio. only 22 dedicated have 2 queen beds and those are very hard to get.

would agree with tinkfan would say if you want to do this go with OKW.

bcv is beautiful and a great resort - but the 2-bedrooms are not nearly as big as the ones at OKW.

My take on the "studios were too small" is that the studio alone is too small. But they get to share the living room and kitchen, so the studio is just for sleeping.

bobbiwoz said:
I've had 6 adults in a dedicated 2 bedroom (1 queen and 1 sofa bed in second bedroom) at BCV and it worked fine. If you're going in nice weather, I know that I love the location and SAB pool at BCV, that I would make the dedicated 2 bedroom work, or else, I would even book 2 1 bedrooms, just to be in the location.

You are thinking exactly the way we are. We are trying to decide if we think it will work or we will get our own rooms at BCV we both really want to stay there.

Plus we both want to eventually try all the DVC resorts and she has AKV and we have done OKW.

Deb & Bill said:
My take on the "studios were too small" is that the studio alone is too small. But they get to share the living room and kitchen, so the studio is just for sleeping.

Yes you are exactly right. Things like food and the stroller took up a lot of space and those things would not be in our room in the two bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter