• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Two adjoining studios?

NattyMouse

Earning My Ears
I swear our guide told us u could book two studios and get them adjoining and unlock the door between them.....

Is this correct? I imagine it would be hard to get them adjoining if it is

Thank you

1) "adjoining" means "nearby", not "connecting"
2) studios will only connect to a 1BR (to make a 2BR that "locks-off")

no such thing as a studio that connects to a studio

3) if a "guide" misled you, that would not be the first time. there is better info here on the DIS

What chalee94 said. ;)

No such thing as adjoining rooms with DVC. Even if you book the studio and occupy the 1 bedroom next to it or the studio next to it, you can't open the door up.

You would have to book a 2 bedroom "lock-off" which is essentially a one bedroom and a studio connecting. No studios connect.

What chalee94 said. ;)

No such thing as adjoining rooms with DVC. Even if you book the studio and occupy the 1 bedroom next to it or the studio next to it, you can't open the door up.

Adjoining means next to each other. There are studios next to each other, Boardwalk has a lot of them.

If you did happen to get a studio and 1 bedroom together, there's nothing stopping you from unlocking the doors. They don't have a key, just a turning lock.

Adjoining means next to each other. There are studios next to each other, Boardwalk has a lot of them.

But there's never been a door between the two studios that were next to each other at the Boardwalk (at least no door to another studio that I've been in).

Understanding hotel parlance when ordering rooms: "adjoining" rooms simply means rooms next to each other, and "connecting" rooms means both next to each other and and having the the two doors inside, one in each room, between them that can be opened to allow one continuous room. Other than some Vero Beach Inn rooms and possibly some of the "hotel" rooms that have been added for reservations at Aulani, neither of which are actually studios, there are no "connecting" DVC studios but there are a large number that are "adjoining," e.g., at BWV almost all the studios "adjoin" to another studio but none are "connecting."

But there's never been a door between the two studios that were next to each other at the Boardwalk (at least no door to another studio that I've been in).

Right, they are adjoining (next to each other), not connecting (door in between).

You could theoretically use your points to get regular rooms and get those connecting but that's a lot of points

I just returned from BWV, having booked two studios. I was told (on multiple occasions, including check-in) that studios are not next door to one another-anywhere. There is always a one/two bedroom between them? Our rooms were two units apart and it was fine, no complaints -- but curious if I was misinformed (several times)??

I once by mistake asked for adjacent rooms at Carribean Beach and I meant to say adjoining. I got adjacent near each other and when I complained I was told that adjoining has the door in between not adjacent. The Boardwalk does not have adjoining studios.

I just returned from BWV, having booked two studios. I was told (on multiple occasions, including check-in) that studios are not next door to one another-anywhere. There is always a one/two bedroom between them? Our rooms were two units apart and it was fine, no complaints -- but curious if I was misinformed (several times)??

Not true. Boardwalk has many studios next to each other (but no connecting door). See this thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2931467

Look at the courtyard view (Village Green), each floor has 7 studios in a row:

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/BWV_CourtyardPreferred.jpg

Luna Park view also has several studios in a row on each floor.

I can also personally confirm that there are several studios at the BWV that are adjoining (next to each other, but with no interior connecting doorway to another studio). These are all dedicated studios - the ones that have the small parson's bench in the space that has the connecting interior door for the lock-off units.

There are no connecting studios at the BWV. As others have posted, connecting means adjacent with an interior connecting doorway. All non-dedicated studios at the BWV connect (have an interior doorway) to a 1 bedroom villa.

TinkerKell-ey - I am sorry that the CM helping you was so mis-informed (or didn't understand what you asked).

It's all good...I never asked to have interior door access, just to have both studios near each other. I was told at RSVP (#1), during a second call re:MB/FP+ and confirmed "near each other" request (#2) and at check in (#3), that there was no chance we would be next door to each other??? I did not care, as long as we were close (and we were)...but it's good info for others...be very clear what you are asking for : )

And keep in mind that a request is a request. Near each other has sometimes been one room right on top of the other - on different floors. And that someone eighteen years old needs to be in every room. Just saying because sometimes people think they'll stick their teenagers in a connecting room because two studios are cheaper than a two bedroom - find out there aren't connecting rooms, but think "well, they will be fine if they are next door" and end up with rooms much further apart than that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter