Twitter: Bird logo out, X logo in

I think people will still call it twitter regardless of their official name much like facebook/meta. Don't use social media and they all seem like chat rooms where people mostly argue with each other. In spite of their efforts to diversify into other areas, they still make most of the revenue selling ads. Every six months or so some new platform appears and there is a finite number of ad dollars to go around.

They each want us to believe our lives just have to revolve around their wonderful/amazing platform but I can live my life just fine without any of them. How many billions has facebook thrown away trying to develop that meta stuff that seems to have been a huge flop? It is fairly easy to make a big splash SAYING you want to expand into this/that. Actually making that happen is a lot harder and there are no guarantees you will be successful.

I'm not the biggest Twitter fan or anything, but it does seem weird to torpedo a very well-known brand like that on a whim. I get he want's to create theis "X" thing as more than just Twitter, but you could do that in a more seamless way, like callin git "Twitter by X" or soemthing. A brand as ubiquitous as Twitter is pretty valuable - well, it was I guess.

There's a difference though. Facebook rebranded their holding company (which owns Facebook, Instagram, Threads and Whatsapp) as Meta. So Facebook the app is still Facebook, and you still use Facebook, but Facebook the company is Meta.

Right, Meta the company still uses Facebook, Instagram, Quest, WhatsApp etc. in their naming. They didn't just toss out relatively strong and well-known brands.

They might have a problem with Celebrity Cruises which has been using the logo "X" for decades.

They might have a problem with Celebrity Cruises which has been using the logo "X" for decades.
Or Marvel/The Mouse, with the X-Men. Or even Dark Horse Comics, who have a superhero named "X".

And I'm sure they'll do something dumb like use "X Gon' Give it To Ya" (note: lyrics nsfw) without permission.

Meta and Microsoft both already have "X" trademarked for different reasons. Be interesting to see where this goes. Also, he didn't get the proper permits to remove the sign on the HQ (equipment on the ground) so it was halted. "Genius" LOL LOL LOL

Remember how successful the International House of Burgers re-branding went?

So are we finally done pretending that Elon Musk is a genius?
Born into money, uses that money to buy in to other's ideas, grows some, screws up some. Completely obsessed with the letter X to the point of ridiculous and trying to arrogantly take from others who have more ownership.

Anyone who doesn't do the BASIC research into your uncreative idea for rebranding isn't a very good businessman. His successes can likely be attributed to those around him. Twitter, he fired just about everyone, and we can see what running it himself looks like. He admitted he is rebranding it because 50% loss in advertising and heavy debt load aka platform is failing. Like a name will help. :rotfl:

He certainly comes across as a legend in his own mind. Acts like the smartest person in the room and never seems to get any input from those working for him. Remember when he said you could buy Tesla's using bitcoin but apparently never bothered to ask his accounting department about that? Yup, changed his mind a few days later. Twitter has been a dumpster fire since he took over. Seems like he gets input from random twitter users about how to run the business. Can't imagine ever working for someone like that. So now he thinks advertisers will come flocking back because of a name change?....................LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter