TWILIGHTAHOLICS! Part 2~*~ Should've been started by Caribbeanprincess!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK ya'll, how much is the Hot Topic fleece blanket? 'Cuz this one on ebay is currently at a $102 bid, with 3 more days left!:scared1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Twilight-Edward-Cullen-Fleece-Blanket-Throw-Official_W0QQitemZ320325062971QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item320325062971&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

It retails for $19.99!! :scared1:

1. Have you read all four books? yes, four times each since August

2. Who created you into a 'newborn' (i.e. who turned you on to the series?)
I asked for the books for my birthday (I'd been wanting to read them since Twilight was released), and my husband bought them for me, so I guess technically him

3. How many times have you seen the movie...so far? seven :lovestruc

4. Team Edward or Team Jacob? Team Switzerland. There really is no one for Bella but Edward, but why is there a need to choose between them? They are both highly likable people in my opinion

5. What was your most favorite scene in the first book? When Edward is talking to Tyler on the way to prom, I always laugh

6. What was your favorite scene in the movie? The moment when Edward first walks into the cafeteria and is obviously listening to Jessica. That little smirk gets me every time

7. Say you were the director for New Moon, would you change anything from the first movie? Would you re-cast anyone? No, I loved everyone that was cast. I figure, if it's possible to turn the actor who played Hagrid into a half giant, it shouldn't be that hard to turn Taylor Lautner into a seven foot tall werewolf

8. Do you wish that Midnight Sun, the unfinished book written from Edward's point of view, should still be young adult fiction or written with a more mature frame of mind? I think it's great the way it is

9. If you were Bella, would you want to become a vampire? probably, love can do pretty powerful things to a person's ideals

10. Just what is it about Edward Cullen?? He dazzles people! :rotfl:

Bonus question
Do you think:
A: We should still not try and post spoilers to protect those who haven't finished the series OR
B: Should we put a disclaimer in the first post, and post freely from now on?

I like the way it works now, the white text seems to be doing okay

So my DD's love twilight and the whole series . I can't wait till Christmas :santa: when they open the gifts mom got them from Hot Topic.
One is getting a bella and edward shirt with the thee things she was sure of and one is getting a edward shirt . This is :laundy: I will enjoy cleaning :lmao: . I also got them two posters so they will put them up in their room and when I clean I can see Edward too :thumbsup2 . Anyone on facebook? you can send your friends a Cullen . I sent my friend Edward . It is pretty funny . I hope she sends him back .

Just wanted to pop in and say HI . BTW there is a woman by our train station selling Twilight copies on DVD . I know it is ilegal but it is so TEMPTING to get one . With my luck it will be a blank DVD. :laughing: . The stories of living in NYC they only get better . Like the "Coach " bags on sale from the nice man on the corner out of black bag. :rotfl2: .

Ok off to wrap gifts now . BBL:surfweb: Edward so dazzing I need to look like this :cool2: .

1. Have you read all four books?
Yes - all four books 3 times since September, Twilight a 4th time

I saw people talking about it on DIS and a friend of mine had read them, so I asked her if they were any good.

3. How many times have you seen the movie...so far?
Two

4. Team Edward or Team Jacob?

Edward all the way! Jacob annoys me.

5. What was your most favorite scene in the first book?

The meadow when he kisses her for the first time and she attacks him!

6. What was your favorite scene in the movie?

Baseball I think. And the kiss.

7. Say you were the director for New Moon, would you change anything from the first movie? Would you re-cast anyone?

I wouldn't recast anybody, but I would get the script writer to stick with the book more and not add cheesy lines. Also a few areas where they did slow motion made it look silly, so no slow motion except for maybe the cliff jump.

8. Do you wish that Midnight Sun, the unfinished book written from Edward's point of view, should still be young adult fiction or written with a more mature frame of mind?

I am ok with it staying young adult. Since it is from Edward's point of view, and he is disgusted by lustful thoughts of Mike, Jessica, etc., I can't imagine him thinking like that. And of course, the dialogue can't change, so I think it needs to stay the same as the others.

9. If you were Bella, would you want to become a vampire?

Yes. I would be scared about the transformation, but I would do it to be with Edward.

10. Just what is it about Edward Cullen??

How much he cares about her and how he lets her know how important she is to him. And he's yummy!

Bonus question
Do you think:
A: We should still not try and post spoilers to protect those who haven't finished the series OR

Disclaimer

I am 2/3rds of the way through book 4, but it's annoying me and I'm struggling to finish - something I didn't experience with the other 3.

A combination of the DIS and the fact that I purchased an Amazon Kindle. When I got my Kindle, the top 4 bestselling Kindle books were the Twilight series - so I bought them.

None. No one I know is interested and I won't drag my DH. I will probably go by myself over Christmas though.

Definitely Edward. Jacob drives me crazy and I just never got why Bella is drawn to him in the first place. I don't even like him that much in book 4, now that I know that part of the story even.

It's a tie between the blood typing part and the meadow

N/A

7. Say you were the director for New Moon, would you change anything from the first movie? Would you re-cast anyone?
N/A

8. Do you wish that Midnight Sun, the unfinished book written from Edward's point of view, should still be young adult fiction or written with a more mature frame of mind?
It's fine as young adult fiction. I actually haven't read it all yet - just the first couple of chapters. It's a shame that it was leaked.

For Edward, yes. In general, no.

His old fashioned charm and gentlemanly ways. That and the fact that he's beautiful of course. ;)

Bonus question
Do you think:

I vote "B." Disclaimers.

1. Have you read all four books? yes

2. Who created you into a 'newborn' (i.e. who turned you on to the series?) a co-worker

3. How many times have you seen the movie...so far? four

4. Team Edward or Team Jacob? team edward, all the way!

5. What was your most favorite scene in the first book? blood typing and the port angeles rescue

6. What was your favorite scene in the movie? when he picks her up for school and he has on his raybans and slings his arm over her, its just such a cool james dean scene and the first kiss :faint:

7. Say you were the director for New Moon, would you change anything from the first movie? Would you re-cast anyone? i would only re-cast the screenwriter, i think chris weitz needs to go through the new script and make sure its truly good, he wrote one of my favorite movies - about a boy - i have a lot of confidence in his writing. on a side note i am excited he is helming this film, since he does great special effects too

8. Do you wish that Midnight Sun, the unfinished book written from Edward's point of view, should still be young adult fiction or written with a more mature frame of mind? i like the way it is, i just want it finished...i want all the books from his perspective

9. If you were Bella, would you want to become a vampire? if i could be a stephenie meyer version of a vamp and be with edward, then a big yes

10. Just what is it about Edward Cullen?? he is gorgeous, selfless, loving and doesn't exist, we want what we can't have

Bonus question
Do you think:
B: Should we put a disclaimer in the first post, and post freely from now on? i think the white text is working just fine

Ok, it's poll time people!! Cut and paste the questions and fill in your own answers!! :thumbsup2

1. Have you read all four books? Yes
2. Who created you into a 'newborn' (i.e. who turned you on to the series?) I just thought they sounded intersting. I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I loaned best friend books 1 and 2, but she has ADD ADHD really bad and is on like page 24 of the first book and has had it for 3 weeks! Times up! Give me back the book. I did go see the movie with her on Thanksgiving so she knows most of what my obsession is about.
1 times. I'm waiting for the DVD. I would love to go see the movie again. We are on a tight budget with my FIL getting laid off and we're having to help support them also!
4. Team Edward or Team Jacob? :lovestruc
Though I do think Jacob is a cutie and sweet, I tend to favor Edward more.
5. What was your most favorite scene in the first book? Baseball game
6. What was your favorite scene in the movie? Baseball game
7. Say you were the director for New Moon, would you change anything from the first movie? Would you re-cast anyone? I don't think so. But I wouldn't try to add something that wasn't there in the first place. Like the field trip in the movie. I was sitting there thinking "Did I read it so fast that I don't remember this part?!?!":rotfl:
8. Do you wish that Midnight Sun, the unfinished book written from Edward's point of view, should still be young adult fiction or written with a more mature frame of mind? Definately more mature. We're dealing with a vampire that is in his 90's!
9. If you were Bella, would you want to become a vampire? yes
10. Just what is it about Edward Cullen?? :love: those eyes and how he really cares for her. I know my husband cares for me, but when I was in the hospital with the birth of our daughter, one day he walked in said "hey, whats up" and just sat down and starting reading the newspaper. Paid no attention to the baby. I was really hurt. Then my doc comes in, coos over the baby, stands there and rubs my feet. I wanted the doctor to be my husband! LOL

Bonus question :confused:
Do you think:

Either way doesn't bother me. Whatever you guys think.:)

IMG]

this was fun!

1. Have you read all four books? Only read once since I still don't have my own and listened once on audio. However, I can't be held responsible for what happens when I get those books in my eager little hands!!!
2. Who created you into a 'newborn' One of my best friends...who hopefully is about to join this thread...Kristin!! Or Krysstn on these boards.
3. How many times have you seen the movie...so far? 4 but still going strong! Probably 6 by 2009!!
4. Team Edward or Team Jacob? Team Edward!!!
5. What was your most favorite scene in the first book? I loved the restaraunt/car scene & the meadow scene the most.
6. What was your favorite scene in the movie? I love some of the little stuff...like when they arrive up at school together and she's says, "everyone is staring" and he says, "not that guy, he just looked" :rotfl:
I also like when they are outside of her house and Bella is cleaning up her truck and Edward's in the blue jacket. As he jumps down from her truck he pulls out the dent from the accident and says he wants to take her home to meet his family. I think he is just so adorable in that one!! :love:
And of course, the baseball scene!! Good times!! hehe

7. Say you were the director for New Moon, would you change anything from the first movie? Would you re-cast anyone? I'd improve some of the dialouge and special effects. I'm happy with the cast!
8. Do you wish that Midnight Sun, the unfinished book written from Edward's point of view, should still be young adult fiction or written with a more mature frame of mind? I would like for it to just be finished period!!!!
9. If you were Bella, would you want to become a vampire? Absolutely!!!
10. Just what is it about Edward Cullen?? He's my brand of heroin!!!

Bonus question
Do you think:
I'm ok with either way!!! But posting freely would make things a little more exciting.

Yes, of course! "Breaking Dawn" is definitely my favorite from the series.

2. Who created you into a 'newborn' (i.e. who turned you on to the series?) My sister. She kept bugging me about reading them, and finally I did just for her to leave me alone. I wound up loving them!

I just saw it for the 3rd time on Friday.

Tough...I love Jacob in the book. The movie Edward really turned me into an Edward fan too. So, I love them both now!

When Edward saves Bella in Port Angeles.

The first kiss. I also like when they are dancing at prom and Bella thinks Edward is going to turn her. Instead, he just kisses her neck sweetly. I loved it!

I would recast Jacob. New Moon is pivotal for him and Taylor just didn't do it for me.

I think it should maintain the young adult status. Although, I would love to hear some smutty details from Edward's perspective!

Um...spending an eternity with Edward -- YES PLEASE!

The old fashion values, romance, mystery, etc...

Bonus question
Do you think:
B: Post spoilers, but ad a disclaimer.

Just got this email from twilightthemovie.com....

Dear fans of Twilight, New Moon, Bella, Edward and Jacob,

In the past few days I have been involved in a whirlwind romance with Stephenie Meyers' extraordinary books.

And I am very grateful to have received her permission to protect New Moon in its translation from the page to the screen.

For fans of the books and of the film of Twilight, this may come as an unexpected twist. So I want to write briefly to try to put you at ease, and to give you reason to hope for and expect the best.

For the last decade of my career as a director, I have chosen to make adaptations of complex and involved works of literature. This has always begun with the love of a book and its characters, story, and theme; and it has always involved a respect of and responsiveness to the feelings of other people who loved those books.

When I saw the film of Twilight, I was alternately entranced and left hungry for more. I was also struck by the extraordinary passion for the characters, story and theme that was evident in the people sitting in the seats around me. My job is to live up to that devotion.

Like many of you, I am a fan of Catherine Hardwicke's work. I can't really say much about why she is not doing New Moon because I wasn't involved in those decisions. But I can say that I will devote myself to making the very best and most faithful version of New Moon that can be brought to the screen. To those who doubt that as a male director I can capture Bella's experience, I can only say that emotion is universal and that my work has often involved working with some of the most talented actresses in the world.

For the rest, the proof will have to be in the pudding. But I promise to remain responsive to your hopes and fears.

I thank you for this opportunity and for your faith.

Very best,

Chris Weitz

Hmmm, what do you guys think now??

Dear Chris,

I just read your lovely letter about how excited you are to direct New Moon and how you are going to remain true to the book and the characters. I would just like to say that as a devoted Twilight fan, I am happy that you are directing the next movie and greatly look forward to seeing your work on New Moon.

Love and kisses,

Lisa

P.S. If you screw it up, we will hunt you down and feed you to the wolves (or let Jane practice on you)!

Yes. I have read all 4 once, and am about halfway though a second reading. At this point, I need to have Eclipse returned to me before I can finish!

2. Who created you into a 'newborn' (i.e. who turned you on to the series?) No one. I kept walking by them at bookstores- picking them up and then putting them back. I finally caved when the movie trailers came out and it looked good.

Only once so far. The first 10 minutes of the movie had technical difficulties so we had no sound. I am going to see it again once my DH finishes the book.

I thought I liked them both almost equally, until I was discussing New Moon with a friend. He is definitely on Team Jacob and I started defending Edward! Haha. So I guess that makes me on Team Edward.

Edward saving Bella in Port Angeles.

The Prom.

I wouldn't recast anyone. I hate it when they do that in movies. They would have to be terrible for me to want it switched, and I don't think anyone was that bad.

I don't care. Either is fine. I just want it finished. I would actually love to read all the books from Edward's point of view.

I could never stay away from Edward.

The romance and the mystery of him. *sigh*

Bonus question
Do you think:
Disclaimer and post freely!

Thanks to Meyer and her love of Muse, I decided to re-visit them on my cd shelf. I had always liked them, but the cds were getting dusty. Been listening to them all on my ipod today at work, and I can really see how they inspire her in her writing. I swear some of the lyrics fit too perfectly. The song "Starlight" is sooo nice.

Ok, just felt like posting about it! :thumbsup2

Can anyone on here please create and post a picture of Edward wearing a Santa hat, or some Christmas theme from the film that we can then save and print? I've got a few friend that I know would love this on a card, but I have no clue how to create one (I know some of you out there are adept at photoshop!) I know we can all share in the Christmas magic!!

Thanks!:santa:

I have read all the books and now am on my second go around. I love to read but I have never gotten so submerged into a set as much as these. I hope they hurry with the New Moon movie. Has anyone heard weather all the cast will remain the same? I know Rob and Kristen will be there, but I hope Alice and Jasper will too.

I have read all the books and now am on my second go around. I love to read but I have never gotten so submerged into a set as much as these. I hope they hurry with the New Moon movie. Has anyone heard weather all the cast will remain the same? I know Rob and Kristen will be there, but I hope Alice and Jasper will too.

Welcome to our thread! I am the same way-I love to read but never got this obsessed about a series before.

It seems like the only question with the casting is with Taylor Lautner as Jacob. I think we're safe that Ashley and Jackson will be back.popcorn::

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
celebrity-pictures-stewart-pattinson-walk.jpg

1. Have you read all four books? 354891564894651 times

2. Who created you into a 'newborn' (i.e. who turned you on to the series?) hmm...this one isnt as easy...I had just heard about twilight a long time ago so I guess a vampire must have sneezed around me and I got the venom on my skin because next thing I knew du dah Im a vampire:rotfl2:

3. How many times have you seen the movie...so far? 4

4. Team Edward or Team Jacob? Edward as if there is anyone else:rolleyes:

5. What was your most favorite scene in the first book? hmm not sure on that one..maybe when he professes his undying love for her
6. What was your favorite scene in the movie? the baseball scene:banana:

7. Say you were the director for New Moon, would you change anything from the first movie? Oh my Edward.. I would change too much to write on here...
Would you re-cast anyone? oh yeah...I would recast Laurent and as much as I love little Taylor, Im sorry but I stick by what Ive said all along...hes just too babyface for the newly shiftchanging Jacob..I dont see how they are going to be able to make him look as old as he is supposed to be...as far as height and build they could work with it but that cute adorable face??? I dont know...

8. Do you wish that Midnight Sun, the unfinished book written from Edward's point of view, should still be young adult fiction or written with a more mature frame of mind? hmm good question...I think because the books were written for young adults that it should remain loyal to that and stay as is..

9. If you were Bella, would you want to become a vampire? become?? I aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmm a vampire mwahahahahahaha

10. Just what is it about Edward Cullen?? he is the opitome of a perfect man...

Bonus question
Do you think:
Im going to go with B Alex:thumbsup2

Someone just posted on TwilightMoms that HT now has Twilight bandaids. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes. I have read Twilight-Eclipse three times. And Breaking Dawn once. I don't believe I will read the last book ever again either!

2. Who created you into a 'newborn' (i.e. who turned you on to the series?) My friend Stephanie. She actually wanted me to read it so she could have someone commiserate with her on how 'bad' it was! She almost keeled over when I told her I loved it.

I have seen it five times. I will most likely go one other time.

Team Switzerland. I feel like because of how the books were written, she had to end up with Edward. But I genuinely mourned with her when she had to make the decision. I could see how her life would have been with Jacob.

I honestly can't remember. It was probably one of the million scenes where she and Edward are laying and talking in her bed.

Agreeing with a PP. The scene where Bella thinks Edward is going to bite her, and sweetly kisses her neck. I also like when they are up in the tall tree talking with the music in the background. Annnnnd I also like the scene when he takes her to school and slings his arm around her. I can't choose!

I don't think I would recast anyone. If you asked me after the first time, I would have told you Eric. He was more ridiculous in the movie than he was in the book. But he grew on me!

Mature. But Stephanie would never do that!

I don't know. I'm not sure I believe in the 'soul mate' type of love. Hence why I probably would have chosen Jacob if I was in her position. Edward and his love are just so unrealistic to me. Sometimes, it's a hard pill to swallow.

He's so fiercely loyal and protective of her. Bella is his life, and he makes it known..

Bonus question
Do you think:

B. Disclaimer in first post and then post freely!

1. Have you read all four books? I'm working on it. I'm currently finishing Eclipse and will start Breaking Dawn after finals

2. Who created you into a 'newborn' (i.e. who turned you on to the series?) my fellow Harry Potter/Buffy/Doctor Who fan friend:rotfl2:

3. How many times have you seen the movie...so far? 2

4. Team Edward or Team Jacob? Edward!!

5. What was your most favorite scene in the first book? hmm not sure... probably the meadow

6. What was your favorite scene in the movie? the baseball scene, only it would have been better if they were in Red Sox uniforms :banana:

7. Say you were the director for New Moon, would you change anything from the first movie? the sparkling; fix it!!

Would you re-cast anyone? probably Rosalie... Nikki Reed just isn't modelesque-enough

8. Do you wish that Midnight Sun, the unfinished book written from Edward's point of view, should still be young adult fiction or written with a more mature frame of mind? I think more adult but once you have a fan base it's tough to change.

9. If you were Bella, would you want to become a vampire? of course but I would make Edward do it

10. Just what is it about Edward Cullen?? the gentleman-ness and chivalry

Bonus question
Do you think:
Let me just say as someone who hasn't finished the books I could care less :confused3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter