Twice in one year, are we crazy??

We've got one planned for August and I've booked another for March. I would get a third in if I could afford it! lol I just need to hit the lottery and then I'd be cruising all the time.
It is by far my favorite vacation!

I don't think you are crazy at all! My husband might disagree, but I don't! I've been looking at the cruise schedule trying to figure out when we can cruise again and we haven't even gone on our first cruise yet! He refused to allow me to book one over Thanksgiving prior because we haven't gone on our first cruise yet and of course now the price has gone up. UGH!!

I'm sure Mickey doesn't think you are crazy at all!

Besides, your kindergartener will grow up so quickly so enjoy the as many vacations as you can together before they think it is uncool to hang out with the parent unit...

another crazy person here:crazy:

Alaska last august, then the Dream in November, MR in January and we are booked on Hawaii in October, and another caribbean on the Magic in January,plus a placeholder for the WBTA 2013

I wish I could be "crazy"! But if you can afford it and you don't think the "specialness" will wear off, go for it. I personally would only go once a year, just to keep it special. I would never be able to afford to cruise more often, anyway... Especially on DCL!

You are not crazy at all but I can totally relate to how friends and family react! We haven't done a dcl since 2009 because we have been doing a lot of WDW and other vacations such as my parents renewed their vows in Vegas, etc.

We leave on the Fantasy in less than 2 weeks now and I am beyond excited!!! We have another short DCL planned for January 2013. I wanted to plan another 7 day for 2013 but just cannot afford it with other plans we have.

We are DVC members and have been doing a lot of WDW. We went June 2011, October 2011, January 2012, going before and after cruise in June 2012 and then have Thanksgiving 2012 planned.

Our friends think we have lost our minds. We love it and don't spend on other lavish things so we can do it.

If I could afford more dcl in one year I would do it. If airfare was cheaper I definitley would be doing even more dcl and wdw. Don't feel foolish if it's something you love!!!

You're not crazy! We took our first DCL cruise on the Magic in April, and now we're heading out on the Dream next month! So two cruises in less than 3 months! We loved Castaway Cay so much that when we found a VGT for a double dip we couldn't pass it up. And actually, this will be our third cruise in a 12-month period because last Aug we cruised RCI. I know people think we are crazy, but this is why we build up our savings--so we can take nice vacations when we want to :)

If you have seen my posts..you know that we went on our first ever DCL cruise in April (22nd on the Dream 4night) and we LOVED it! So much that we knew we definitely wanted to go again, and assumed that since we now have a Kindergartener it would be next Summer , 2013. But, then we changed our mind and said, why not go again SOONER too?? (in addition to next summer)
So we booked October 20th Fantasy (DD has a few days off from school for teacher work days so wont miss an entire week). It also happens to right during my birthday week. :)
I think our extended family (not understanding Disney and how great it is) is going to think we are a little nuts about 2 cruises within 6 months of each other..please tell me, we aren't crazy are we??? LOL :banana:

I don't think it's crazy at all. If I could do it I would, in a heartbeat. Enjoy any vacation time you get. Some of us rarely get any at all.

hehe..now I don't feel so guilty ;) That is awesome though! I agree, never enough DCL! You must have easily made the 10 cruises (120 day out res) easy with all that cruising! :)

Will be going on #26 at the end of the month....it all started with the Maiden Voyage of the Magic back on July 30, 1998...ours (and DCL's) first cruise!!! I have also "hooked" many, many of our friends and instead of thinking we are crazy for going so often...they all want to come!!!!

MJ

Crazy?...possibly. Going to have a memorable time?...Definitely!:cool1:

I can relate. We just went on our first cruise last August and I was planning to cruise only once a year. But after our first/second (b2b) cruise, we knew we had to go as often as we can. So we have a cruise this August and another one in March 2013. I wish we could vacation more often, but we can only go every 6 months, but at least each trip is 2wks long (1wk cruise, 1wk WDW). :banana:

Not at all, Since Jan of 2011 we have done 2 Dream cruises and have been to WDW twice - and now we will be on the Fantasy in a few months - and know we are going to do WDW sometime in 2013 :) NEVER enough - haha

6 in the last year and a half with three book by the mddle of april next year with a 50th birthday cruise for the wife december 2013.

and yes, some of the family are coming around. especially after the last cruise, but don't tell them that. they are denial right now. but everyone else knows they are hooked.

I hope it isn't crazy since I have two this year also :cool1: We did an MR with the kids in April and DH and I will be doing the Pacific Coast cruise in September. We are taking advantage of the Wonder cruises while the ship is still here since we live so close.

If I didn't have to work (to support my cruise habit, LOL), I'd do even more than that :rotfl2:

We sailed on the NCL Sun for a 7 day Eastern back in April for spring break. The kids went nuts when they saw the Dream parked next to us in Nassau, so we booked a 5 day run on the Dream in August, just before school starts. We also have 7 day Alaskan cruise with NCL booked for next August. Needless to say we like cruising :cool1:

Crazy when it comes to Disney...always:lmao:.

How wonderful. Go enjoy yourself because I am sure there have been years or will be years to come that you didn't take a vacation at all. :thumbsup2

If you are crazy, then I am even more crazy!

We have 4 planned this year, two of them being 2 weeks each! If they offer a Kids Sail Free Promotion for the CA Coastal cruises, I just may be adding a 5th cruise for the year.

With the Wonder no longer doing the MR cruises, we won't be cruising as often. Having to pay for flights make cruising often no longer possible. I only have an Alaska cruise booked for 2013 so far.

If you have the money and are going on 2 different ships and different ports than I say go for it.If I had the money and could go on 2 cruises in one year I would go on to differnt cruises could not handle going to Nassau twice.Didn"t like Nassau even though I didnt have to get off the ship

You are not alone. I have four cruises this year: Maiden Voyage Fantasy 3/31, NY 2 day cruise to nowhere 6/15 and Canada cruise on the Magic 9/7. I am also trying the Allure of the Seas 7/22. I am already working on 2013 so far only one for next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter