Twas The Night Before Elections

If that was directed to me, I'm sorry. I'm NOT tryin to rile people up....quite the opposite. I am feeling very happy this morning and am just trying to spead the love and hope. :goodvibes

Nope - wasn't directed at anyone! I was just clearing my throat! (Did I do that out loud??) :goodvibes

But, as long as I'm here -- I'll remind everyone to please refrain from sarcasm and personal attacks. Thank you! :)

As I told my very upset son this morning, the United States of America is strong enough to weather any president, and the President of the the United States deserves our respect until he does something to have us take that respect away (see Clinton, who did NOT have sex with that woman - I can't visit the Hall of Presidents without thinking that) While I voted for McCain, I am now praying that I will truly be better off in 4 years. Of course, if I am not better off, then many other people will not be either and they will be voting for change once again.
I am seriously more concerned by the Congress results. I have a congressman in my district that votes against every bill that would put more tax dollars in my pocket - and when I wrote to ask him why - he said because it was a Republican led bill. That was it, no other reason why. Of course, he also said that the people of SWPA (his district) were racist and hicks - and he got re-elected!
The most important thing is that it seems as if everyone here got out and exercised our right and responsibility to vote

I'm feeling quite the opposite despite my effort to find a positive side of things. :rolleyes: I just didn't feel the sincerity in the bumper sticker and bubble gum wrapper speeches our new president elect delivered. No one more than me hopes to be proven wrong...but I just dont see it happening. :sad2:

Nope - wasn't directed at anyone! I was just clearing my throat! (Did I do that out loud??) :goodvibes

But, as long as I'm here -- I'll remind everyone to please refrain from sarcasm and personal attacks. Thank you! :)

No sarcasm?! What ever will I be left to contribute?

As I told my very upset son this morning, the United States of America is strong enough to weather any president, and the President of the the United States deserves our respect until he does something to have us take that respect away ... While I voted for McCain, I am now praying that I will truly be better off in 4 years. ... The most important thing is that it seems as if everyone here got out and exercised our right and responsibility to vote

This is almost word for word what I told my son. As much as I wish it were the other way, Obama is the president-elect and will have my respect until he changes that.:thumbsup2

This is almost word for word what I told my son. As much as I wish it were the other way, Obama is the president-elect and will have my respect until he changes that.:thumbsup2

:goodvibes By the way.....your ship is making me seasick !! :rotfl:

"When Democrats rush up to me at events and insist that we live
in the worst of political times, that a creeping fascism is closing
its grip around our throats, I may mention the internment of
Japanese Americans under FDR, the Alien and Sedition Acts under
John Adams, or a hundred years of lynching under several dozen administrations as having been possibly worse, and suggest that
we all take a deep breath,".... Barrack Obama.

From Newsweek;

Liberals who have thrilled to Obama could grow disenchanted with
him if he fails to deliver a progressive Valhalla by, say, Valentine's Day.
But the Reagan example offers a different—and more likely—possibility.
Given Obama's popularity with his base, he may be that rare politician
who can get away with making a deal without being seen as selling out. Reagan raised taxes and nobody held it against him, or even noticed all
that much. Obama could be a Teflon man for the new century.

Obama has more in common with Reagan than appearances might
suggest. Reagan's loyalists believed in his issues, or at least one
of his issues, and they believed in him. They were anxious for a change
from the incumbent administration at a time of shattered confidence and economic turmoil. The comparison is revealing, for it may foreshadow the nature of the next four or eight years.

Like Reagan, Obama is an astute performer, a maker of myths and a teller
of stories. Like Reagan, he is popularly seen, by friend and foe alike, as
an ideological purist—but has demonstrated a tendency toward the pragmatic. Like Reagan, he is the leader of a core of believers so
convinced he is on their side that they are likely to forgive him his compromises.

Obama gets the Gipper. "Reagan spoke to America's longing for order,"
he has written, "our need to believe that we are not simply subject
to blind, impersonal forces but that we can shape our individual and collective destinies, so long as we rediscover the traditional virtues
of hard work, patriotism, personal responsibility, optimism and faith."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now....I personally voted for McCain, although I have never considered him
a conservative......my donations went to Fred Thompson.:thumbsup2

All that being said, my fellow americans have chosen him as President and
since I am a BY GOD..AMERICAN he is now MY PRESIDENT and as such will receive my Prayers and support.

Above all, I earnestly pray for his and his families safety.....lest some John
Wilks Booth should try to "save the nation".

I would hope that all here could find it in their hearts to do likewise.

John Adams, or a hundred years of lynching under several dozen administrations as having been possibly worse, and suggest that

From Newsweek;

who can get away with making a deal without being seen as selling out. Reagan raised taxes and nobody held it against him, or even noticed all

from the incumbent administration at a time of shattered confidence and economic turmoil. The comparison is revealing, for it may foreshadow the nature of the next four or eight years.

an ideological purist—but has demonstrated a tendency toward the pragmatic. Like Reagan, he is the leader of a core of believers so
convinced he is on their side that they are likely to forgive him his compromises.

to blind, impersonal forces but that we can shape our individual and collective destinies, so long as we rediscover the traditional virtues
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now....I personally voted for McCain, although I have never considered him
a conservative......my donations went to Fred Thompson.:thumbsup2

since I am a BY GOD..AMERICAN he is now MY PRESIDENT and as such will receive my Prayers and support.

very well said! I want him to remain safe, as well as his family. surely no one will get any crazy ideas but I am very worried for him.

when pres. bush spoke at my son's college graduation, there were some who refused to clap for him or stand up. I thought that was terrible! at least respect the office, regardless of whether you like the man or not. I guess time will tell whether we like Obama; we haven't had much chance to get to know him yet. I am willing to give him that chance but I will always say I supported McCain; he was proven and paid his dues.

4 and out. He's never led anything. The kool aid flowed, and the people flocked to him, hey Bruce and Harpo like him, I'll vote for him. when he gets to Washington, it'll be the same old song, ok, everyone who i owe favors to, please make an appt to get a position. For those of you who believe his change rhetoric, follow what happened in NJ when they elected Jim McGreevey. I'm not talking about the gay thing, he was just a horrible horrible governor, that promised to change the status quo, and when he got into office, it was more of the same and worse than before.

Yeah, Oblama is the president now. He's gonna fix everything.
I hope all of his supporters are around for the big I told you so. I didn't like Clinton because I thought he did a bad job of running Arkansas, this guy hasn't run squat, other than for office. Be careful what you all wish for, once the sheeps clothing comes off.

We dont have a choice in the matter...we have to HOPE that he's not as evil as his lies have made him seem...we have to HOPE that something good comes out of this, we have to HOPE that this horrible mistake has a silver lining. I HOPE he CHANGEs his goals as fast as he admited that his PROMISES couldnt be achieved in a year or even in a single term. All we have is HOPE now. I HOPE IM WRONG about every bad thought i have about this man.

Well said, old timer!

cp.gif

He already through everyone who voted for him under the bus in his acceptance speech. He told them all that he will be unable to keep most of what he promised and what he can keep may take more than 1 or 2 terms. In simpler terms, he basically said S U C K E R S!

From Newsweek;

Wow, Denny!!! You said it better than anyone! Thank you!:thumbsup2

If anybody hurts him or his family they would be an idiot. This country needs to bond together no matter what race or creed to make this a better UNITED States. I have no problem with sharing the wealth as long as the people sharing are working and contributing to the pool. Somebody mentioned a John Wilkes Booth impersonator which if someone did that our country would be in chaos. It would ruin everything our country has worked for.

He already through everyone who voted for him under the bus in his acceptance speech. He told them all that he will be unable to keep most of what he promised and what he can keep may take more than 1 or 2 terms. In simpler terms, he basically said S U C K E R S!

He's already set the stage.....

Wow, I am uncertain if this thread is full of hate or lies. For those referencing the Koran, his Grandmother was not muslim, so I am unsure what you are trying to infer, other then the far right lies of his religous beliefs. For him selling out his supporters, or suckers as some have called us, he did not change his platform last night. He simply said, that change will not happen overnight, might take 1 year, 1 term, and he did not refer to any particular platform item. For those saying the "young adults" gave him the election, damn straight. They are tired of seeing some citizens fail their country, so they took it into their own hands. Let's bring up the veiled racism. The President elect is part Black, get over it. He is also part White. Let us not forget which party has lead us into Iraq, going against their own policy from the previous battle of not getting involved in a Religous Quagmire. Explain the fact that your "party" has yet to hold responsible the people who caused 9/11. We should also look at the obvious factor that caused the results you are all so upset about. Obama, whether you like it or not, has inspired millions to Hope for and get involved for Change. Doing good for your fellow citizen, your self, and your future. It is ironic that his platform of doing for others bothers so many. Why is that? Are some people so used to having the government make their decisions for them? Are people happy with having their rights stepped on, their liberties suspended or altered, under the thin veil of National Security? Some of you mentioned generations before us who did for themselves, who did not need hand outs. Am I to safely assume then that none of you or your relatives are currently or have previously recieved Medicare, Social Security or any type of government assistance, including but not limited to any one time tax rebates or property tax relief checks? This would probalbly also include any type of free clinic or service, whether it be a free flu shot, or maybe a tax or law seminar, maybe a weekly visit to a community center or senior center. That no one has ever in any way utilized a Volunteer Fire or EMS service? See, when you start spewing rethoric, you need to watch what you spew, because we all know, that it can be turned and put back on you. Get over your racism if that is what is bothering you. get over your Right Wing talking Points. Get over the fact that you loss. You will have a chance in 4 years to try again, since we made sure to win this election by a big enough margin not to lose it in the courts again like in Florida in 2000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter