TV Throwdown: The Flintstones vs The Jetsons

The Flintstones were shown much more often than The Jetsons when I was a kid, (reruns) so I’ll go with the Modern Stone Age Family.

I loved how they incorporated animals into their technological needs. Baby Elephant’s trunk for a vacuum, bird’s beak as record player needle, etc.

The Flintstones were shown much more often than The Jetsons when I was a kid, (reruns) so I’ll go with the Modern Stone Age Family.

I loved how they incorporated animals into their technological needs. Baby Elephant’s trunk for a vacuum, bird’s beak as record player needle, etc.
I liked the Jetsons - but 1000% my vote is for the Flintstones. I loved the clever humor, some of the similarities to Honeymooners, (which I read was the creator's inspiration) and all the snarky animal comments. I still watch it today and smile.

Unlike today's kids cartoons, hanna barbara and warner brothers offered entertainment adults as well as kids could appreciate.

I enjoyed both, but Flinstones is the superior show. As proof, I submit the lyrics to their respective shows...
Flintstones, meet the Flintstones
They're the modern stone-age family
From the town of Bedrock
They're a page right out of history

Let's ride with the family down the street
Through the courtesy of Fred's two feet

When you're with the Flintstones
Have a yabba-dabba-doo time
A dabba-doo time
We'll have a gay old time

Flintstones, meet the Flintstones
They're the modern Stone Age Family
From the town of Bedrock
They're a page right out of history

Someday, maybe Fred will win the fight
Then the cat will stay out for the night

When you're with the Flintstones
Have a yabba-dabba-doo time
A dabba-doo time
We'll have a gay old time

The Jetsons

Meet George Jetson
His boy, Elroy
Daughter Judy
Jane, his wife

The people rest. :p

As for the Flintstones ending credits, why didn’t Fred just hop thru the open window when the cat put him out? Just like the cat did when Fred put it out.

If I was Wilma I’d let Fred bang on the door all night. No way would I let him in if he couldn’t figure it out on his own.
he was a pretty "fluffy" guy lol- would he even fit through the window?

I do like The Jetsons, but The Flintstones has always been a favorite. It's actually so good. I often refer to it as The Simpsons of its day because it wasn't just for kids. Being animated, they were allowed to tackle some interesting topics, like Wilma actually being pregnant and Betty and Barny unable to have their own. The latter also led to an adoption story with Bamm Bamm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter