• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TV Commercials You Cant Stand

I hate you Dan ;). That stupid jingle just started playing in my head. I spent many hours listening to WGN Radio and I would have to change the channel every time that commercial came on.
:laughing:

I usually switch to WBBM when starting to hear that one, as well as the one from the IRS/*** accounting guy, and then back after about a minute.

My husband has been laughing at the new one about the salad bar. Sorry I’m just paying for my own salad. lol
I laugh at that one too. I went to a restaurant called Sweetgreen a couple of months ago which looks exactly like the restaurant in the commercial. Not only did I have trouble ordering (like in the commercial) but I also had sticker shock over the price. My salad maker was super patient with me so I tipped him well. I literally LOL'd the first time I saw that commercial.

I laugh at that one too. I went to a restaurant called Sweetgreen a couple of months ago which looks exactly like the restaurant in the commercial. Not only did I have trouble ordering (like in the commercial) but I also had sticker shock over the price. My salad maker was super patient with me so I tipped him well. I literally LOL'd the first time I saw that commercial.
It’s like us every time we get a burrito.

The Christmas ads for old navy . Not sure if it’s the same one in the U.S but the one with the red head lady .

The Christmas ads for old navy . Not sure if it’s the same one in the U.S but the one with the red head lady .

I stated it upthread and I'll state it gagin - EVERY Old Navy commercial ever created is terrible!

Reactions: NAB
So the makers of Jardiance have changed their commercials, but not sure they understand what was irritating about the old one.
They have a new lady lip syncing.......to parts of the same old song. In many of the shots she isn't even trying to lip sync. Sounds like the same woman singing as the old commercials. But I don't think the makers of Jardiance realized that to many of us, the SONG is what is irritating about the commercial, not the lady in the commercials.

Any of those 1-800 "sue them" ads are annoying. In the fine print that zips across the screen they say never choose a lawyer based on a TV ad.............hmmmm well isn't that exactly the purpose of their ad?

Yea now there are 2 versions of those Jardiance ads, never watched close enough to tell if they are actually singing. I assume they dub in the sound track during final editing. Not sure where you might work but I have never seen a large group of people spontaneously burst into song in either the lobby or office area.............LOL.........somewhat like a bad Broadway production.

Any ad that sells some 'supplement' with the disclaimer the FDA hasn't approved this product and it isn't intended to 'treat/cure/prevent' any illness, but clearly that is exactly what the ad implies.

Last edited:
Medicare/medication
Lawyers
Politics
Jewelry
Most car commercials
Diet drugs/weightloss

Any commercial that is repeat airing within 20 minutes of its last airtime on the same channel, same program.

I thought the Jardiance commercial was the most annoying commercial until the second Jardiance commercial came out. I *can't stand* that woman in the second one. She has no talent, can't lip-sync, and doesn't open her eyes.

Medicare ads, medicine ads...bleh.

I do like some, especially Progressive's 'turning into your parents'. Those always make me laugh. I was listening to the TV last night with headphones and the Liberty commercial with the Libbity-Bibbity came on. I thought he said 'Look an Emu!'. Oh no. He says 'Look a bebu!'. Had to scroll back to make sure :laughing:.
You’re replacing me!?!?! HE DOESNT EVEN HAVE A MUSTACHE!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter