TV Commercials You Cant Stand

They are aimed at us 30s and 40s even to the 50s who are seemingly finding ourselves talking about strategy leaving an event when we've just arrived and have way too many pillows. My husband and I laugh so hard at them

It's for Gen Xers and Millennials (mostly mid to elder).

I think your strong feelings that you're being disrespected have clouded who you think the target audience is for.
I find them funny because they are true.
We were laughing at the pillow one because I buy too many decorative ones. I’m also the lady with the snacks arriving 3 hours early in the airport. My husband has been laughing at the new one about the salad bar. Sorry I’m just paying for my own salad. lol

I don't know. I never watched that. I don't really know who she is.
Natasha Lyonne. I just looked she was Nicky on OITNB and has a show called Russian Doll. She’s actually a good actress but yeah, I hate the commercials.

Wasn’t she on Orange is the new black?
Yes, she was on OITNB and several others. I enjoy her as an actress, she is good.

I just can't stand the Old Navy commercials. It isn't her, it is the writers creating a persona of something overthinking being complimented on clothing. Ugh, shut up! Who gets self conscious over someone saying cool pants? What the ...

If someone pays me any compliment, it is absolutely making my day.:thumbsup2

About jingles that get stuck in your head, yep. Jardiance, Liberty Bibberty, and Limu Emu ... and Doug have been ear worms. This one is old, but anytime we have this meal we all sing it, "Chicken Parm you taste so good." (In case you forgot, it is to the, "Nationwide is on your side" jingle. Peyton Manning commercial when he was on incessantly.)

Yes, she was on OITNB and several others. I enjoy her as an actress, she is good.

I just can't stand the Old Navy commercials. It isn't her, it is the writers creating a persona of something overthinking being complimented on clothing. Ugh, shut up! Who gets self conscious over someone saying cool pants? What the ...

If someone pays me any compliment, it is absolutely making my day.:thumbsup2

About jingles that get stuck in your head, yep. Jardiance, Liberty Bibberty, and Limu Emu ... and Doug have been ear worms. This one is old, but anytime we have this meal we all sing it, "Chicken Parm you taste so good." (In case you forgot, it is to the, "Nationwide is on your side" jingle. Peyton Manning commercial when he was on incessantly.)
My husband finds the Old Navy ones hilarious because “pants” in Scotland is underpants! Trousers are what we call pants. I am constantly cracking them up when I’m over to see the family.

And this one, from yet another insurance company.

I've found my people!!!! I actually do like the Natalie Portman Miss Dior commercial, the song is good and the imagery is interesting. I also like the La Vie Est Belle by Lancome commercials, but most others I agree are annoying. The turning into your parents commercial is funny, "we don't need a coat wrangler" I laugh because while I'm in my early 30s and do the same thing lol. I also really like the "He gets us" commercials that some people absolutely abhor.

Some that are insufferable that are taking up precious brain space that I have accumulated over the past few years:
  • Lume....that was a point of discussion in our office among the men
  • period commercial where they show red liquid simulating blood, no one wants to see that (and I'm a woman!)
  • the stupid Amazon "Cool Cat" commercial.......this one is the worst out of any of the bad commercials
  • the recent Bombas commercial where they have tons of people in their undies
  • Manscapped commercials
  • MyPillow....for reasons that will be left unsaid
  • Crest commercials

Because everyone else should suffer like I do....you're welcome:

https://youtu.be/97M-Il1xC80?si=-TPLbC9NENz0joi6

I find them funny because they are true.
We were laughing at the pillow one because I buy too many decorative ones. I’m also the lady with the snacks arriving 3 hours early in the airport. My husband has been laughing at the new one about the salad bar. Sorry I’m just paying for my own salad. lol

The new salad bar one cracks me up, because my husband is the lady whose teeth are sensitive to cold, except he wants to tell every server about his mild intolerance to lactose. 🤣🤣

The new salad bar one cracks me up, because my husband is the lady whose teeth are sensitive to cold, except he wants to tell every server about his mild intolerance to lactose. 🤣🤣

I definitely relate to that one at the end - "No, I'm just paying for my own." Man, stuff has gotten so expensive!

Last edited:
I've found my people!!!! I actually do like the Natalie Portman Miss Dior commercial, the song is good and the imagery is interesting. I also like the La Vie Est Belle by Lancome commercials, but most others I agree are annoying. The turning into your parents commercial is funny, "we don't need a coat wrangler" I laugh because while I'm in my early 30s and do the same thing lol. I also really like the "He gets us" commercials that some people absolutely abhor.

Some that are insufferable that are taking up precious brain space that I have accumulated over the past few years:
  • Lume....that was a point of discussion in our office among the men
  • period commercial where they show red liquid simulating blood, no one wants to see that (and I'm a woman!)
  • the stupid Amazon "Cool Cat" commercial.......this one is the worst out of any of the bad commercials
  • the recent Bombas commercial where they have tons of people in their undies
  • Manscapped commercials
  • MyPillow....for reasons that will be left unsaid
  • Crest commercials
Make it blue, that's always been the deal!

And I had no idea Manscapped used actual commercials; I thought they advertised solely on Youtube.

That Lume company must be spending a fortune on advertising as I constantly see their TV ads. Being a doctor doesn't make you an expert in developing deodorant products that compete with the hundreds already on the market. It isn't like she just discovered/invented some amazing new formula..............LOL. Their 'social media' formatted vertical ads on TV are annoying to watch.

Wouldn't surprise me to find their sales skyrocket at first and then they become just like every other deodorant on the market. Likely they will say they overspent on advertising.

Last edited:
One that has bothered me lately is the one for Zocdoc where the lady is scrolling through doctors making snap judgements like, "too old", "too young", "too pretty to be good." What does any of that have to do with it? It's a little dismissive, no? She should be looking at med schools and experience/accomplishments!

Last edited:
^^ I agree. I thought it was an ad for some kind of dating app when I first saw it. Picking your doctor based on appearance seems like an odd way to do that..............LOL.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter