TV Commercials You Cant Stand

I can't tolerate ads that have children telling an adult how to do something. (the tire ad with the backseat kid telling mom where to get the safe tires) I also hate ads that have bad music (I can't stand rap) and heaven help us, any legal add. We have one running here that, I swear, everyone must fear "big rig, tractor-trailer, semi's"

We especially hate the Progressive commercials that talk about people not wanting to turn into their parents. Very disrespectful, and by the way those parents are often paying those premiums so why insult them?
I think they're funny.

My new one that I cringe when it comes on is where the 3 old ladies are sitting on the bench watching the kids go sled riding and then the one orders sleds for each of them and then they go flying down the hill on their new sleds. Not even sure what they're selling, Amazon maybe?

And the Buick ads, horrible!!! You bring a car load of kids to the game, "that's so you". What? Or when the lady tells the guy (who is driving by the way) that the spot isn't big enough. He parks anyway just fine and she says "that's so you". Again, what?!

I think they're funny.

My new one that I cringe when it comes on is where the 3 old ladies are sitting on the bench watching the kids go sled riding and then the one orders sleds for each of them and then they go flying down the hill on their new sleds. Not even sure what they're selling, Amazon maybe?

Actually she doesn't buy them sleds, she buys 'fanny cushions' from Amazon so they can go down the hill on sleds. I think it's cute and in the whole ad it shows a young man giving them a nod and a smile then flashes to when they were young.

My husband and I can’t stand fragrance commercials, and of course, this is the worst season for them. He despises this Dior one featuring Natalie Portman.

For me, pretty much every single Charlize Theron J’Adore commercial makes me crazy. They’ve been around since the mid 2000s, but this one that’s circa 2018 is my nails on a chalkboard.

They've been playing the weird Chanel one with Marion Cotillard a lot again lately. It's awful.

I also hate the Franklin/Billy Graham ones that want people to call and pray.

Skittles-pox...gross! Sad animals are a no.

I do enjoy some commercials. I'm weird like that.

I love insurance commercials though. Progressive turning into parents ones, Progressive Flo with her sister (I want a purse that says "purse"), Lemu Emu (and Doug), Geico Invasive weeds, observant neighbors, we've got aunts,, etc.

I also enjoy the Amazon sled riding one. And now that I understand it...the Kerry Gold table commercial, and the Hobby Lobby Christmas one.

I don't understand perfume commercials.

Whoever mentioned the Zoe Saldana commercial. I actually saw that coat in a shop in Caesars Palace the other day. I immediately thought of her when I saw it.

I think they're funny.

And the Buick ads, horrible!!! You bring a car load of kids to the game, "that's so you". What? Or when the lady tells the guy (who is driving by the way) that the spot isn't big enough. He parks anyway just fine and she says "that's so you". Again, what?!
My husband hates that one too. It’s so you makes no sense. There is another one where this couple who are seriously bad actors say “even so” in such a weird way that if anyone says it we get the giggles.

This one! Why are you over thinking someone saying they like your pants?! That makes my day!

Oh, I will add, every single commercial that Old Navy has ever produced.
We are simpatico.

and they will start all too soon. UGH!!!!
I am sure others on here live in a tristate area. Good gravy, try political commercials for a state you don't live in! They never end.

As to the Progressive Dr. Rick commercials, those are my favorite! The airport and the movie theater are my favorites.

This one! Why are you over thinking someone saying they like your pants?! That makes my day!

We are simpatico.

I am sure others on here live in a tristate area. Good gravy, try political commercials for a state you don't live in! They never end.

As to the Progressive Dr. Rick commercials, those are my favorite! The airport and the movie theater are my favorites.

Yes, I hate this new character and her irritating voice!

I can't tolerate ads that have children telling an adult how to do something. (the tire ad with the backseat kid telling mom where to get the safe tires) I also hate ads that have bad music (I can't stand rap) and heaven help us, any legal add. We have one running here that, I swear, everyone must fear "big rig, tractor-trailer, semi's"
You do seem to have some kind of hate on for children and manners.

by the way those parents are often paying those premiums so why insult them?
They are aimed at us 30s and 40s even to the 50s who are seemingly finding ourselves talking about strategy leaving an event when we've just arrived and have way too many pillows. My husband and I laugh so hard at them

It's for Gen Xers and Millennials (mostly mid to elder).

I think your strong feelings that you're being disrespected have clouded who you think the target audience is for.

Any commercial where the kids treat the adults (especially Dads) like they are idiots.

Razor commercials for more personal areas. I think we can figure out how that works without a demo.

Most perfume/cologne ads. Except Sauvage with Johnny Depp. And they’re pretty weird.

I’m sure there are more.

Last edited:
I love the turning into your parents commercials but don't like at all the flo versions and have never liked them.

I think most of the ones where there are songs to them get to me after a while because they get played so often you can never quite fully get rid of the song.

Lemu Emu (and Doug),
I don't think I would mind that one if they didn't use the musical note to it every time, that's the annoying part to me, the rest I'm fine with. Even now I can hear the LiMu Emu and Doug words in my head just thinking about it :laughing: so for recognizing ability that commercial has done it.

You do seem to have some kind of hate on for children and manners.
Wow you don't seem to like me either. So please just don't read my posts. Thank you. I was responding to the type of commercial I don't like. I do like kids, but not in that context and yes, I don't like rude, mean people too. I merely try to start a conversation on here and you just won't let it go. Be like Elsa... let it go...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter