TV Commercials You Cant Stand

ALL car insurance commercials where they seem like soap operas instead of actually telling us about their insurance policies/costs/benefits.

ALL of the prescription drug ads. You need a doctor's prescription to buy them and only your doctor knows if your medical condition is appropriate for that drug. I would assume doctor's waste a lot of time explaining to their patients while that product isn't suitable for them. Besides the fact all of those ad $$$ drive up the cost of the drug.

Commercials where it isn't clear what they are advertising. At the end of the commercial they list some website to go look at. Nope not interested.

Recent raisin bran commercials where I have NO idea what they are talking about.
Yep, the prescription drug commercials make me grind my teeth! I am so sick of them and they seem to be everywhere!
You are right, my doctor rolls his eyes at these. He said that people need a doctor to see if they actually need the med as advertised, or if their current meds interfere with that med. I turn on the mute button when these come on. Certain stations seem to have only prescription med commercials (looking at you theweatherchannel). Friend of ours from England get a good laugh at all these commercials. They can't believe we have these "cure all" med commercials in the states.

Yep, the prescription drug commercials make me grind my teeth! I am so sick of them and they seem to be everywhere!
You are right, my doctor rolls his eyes at these. He said that people need a doctor to see if they actually need the med as advertised, or if their current meds interfere with that med. I turn on the mute button when these come on. Certain stations seem to have only prescription med commercials (looking at you theweatherchannel). Friend of ours from England get a good laugh at all these commercials. They can't believe we have these "cure all" med commercials in the states.
"Do not take xyzDrug if you are allergic to xyzDrug".

based on the commercials i constantly see for 'hims' and 'hers' medications women suffer from a wide variety of physical and mental health ailments while men are only afflicted with one that can be cured with a simple little blue pill.

Any holiday commercial where a new car is given/received as a gift.
Oh that's going to end well. hey honey, I just got you $500 extra a month payments.
That's nice dear, did you remember I hate yellow?
If your arm falls off, this could be a sign of a serious side effect. Call your doctor immediately.

Do not take xyzDrug if you are allergic to xyzDrug".

Always laugh when I hear that. How would anyone know if they are allergic to a drug they have never taken before???

Any commercial selling some cure-all remedy with the fine print............."this product has NOT been approved by the FDA and isn't intended to treat/cure/prevent any disease"...............when in fact the ad gives you the exact opposite impression. And no, calling it a "supplement" to skirt the law doesn't fool me either.

You can always count on bad local commercials when they feature the business owner, and bonus if their kids or dog are also in it. The absolute worst is when these yocals decide they're personalities and tell little inside jokes. At that point it's no longer about marketing their product, it's about building their egos.

Lol. In full agreement.

And Charmin now uses those red and blue cartoon bears to shill their fluffy butt sheets. I still don't understand the pairing of bears and toilet paper for advertising purposes...
Maybe it is a play on words. "Butt sheets for a bare butts.
Mr Whipple of course! The butt whipping bears are borderline obscene. Some of the insurance ads are humorous but I can’t stand the Liberty ads
If they were whipping butts it would be obscene. Wiping is just gross.
Medicare ads, medicine ads...bleh.

I do like some, especially Progressive's 'turning into your parents'. Those always make me laugh. I was listening to the TV last night with headphones and the Liberty commercial with the Libbity-Bibbity came on. I thought he said 'Look an Emu!'. Oh no. He says 'Look a bebu!'. Had to scroll back to make sure :laughing:.
In all fairness the side effects are mentions because it is required by law.

I have always hated the Liberty commercials they have ever had with Emu and Doug, except that one. That on made me laugh.
I have to agree with that because is says Don't take if you are allergic and I have to wonder who would take a drug that they knew they were allergic too. I have lost a lot of faith in the intellect of people over the last few years, but would anyone be that stupid and how would then know if they never took it before. If they put as much care into producing the drug as they do in thinking about the wording I know I wouldn't take it under any circumstance.

Last edited:
Health insurance ads made to look like the govt is offering 'secret' benefits you can only get by calling their 800#. Very misleading and made to look like the ad is from Medicare. It is simply an ad trying to sell you whatever health insurance they are peddling. I would imagine a lot of elderly people call those numbers thinking they will be talking to someone associated with the govt or Medicare.
I found my poor MIL in tears one morning over whether she should switch to Medicare Advantage and what plan she should choose. It all started with those commercials. It really ticks me off how they exploit the elderly with those stupid things.

I found my poor MIL in tears one morning over whether she should switch to Medicare Advantage and what plan she should choose. It all started with those commercials. It really ticks me off how they exploit the elderly with those stupid things.
It really isn't stupid things. Some of the plans are really good and some don't really cost extra. I don't know how it works but I have a friend that gets dental care and discounted prescriptions because of the plan she decided to go with at no extra cost above Medicare. Perhaps it would be helpful if you were to check it out with her and help her either select one or none. I'm sure she's afraid of being ripped off. But they couldn't be on the TV constantly and not be legitimate without all of us hearing about it.

If people have a lot of income it's really nothing more than extended health insurance and it does cost extra, but if the income level is low enough it can be free. How, I don't know. Help her please, the worst thing about getting old is that everything becomes more difficult and decisions are not always easy. She doesn't have to buy into it, but it is possible that it can be great help. Remember that someday you will be old as well and we can get easily confused and overwhelmed.

Last edited:
Those make me angry. They intentionally target and exploit older people with lower income and imply they are a government plan. They are not. They are for profit insurance scams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter